What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

nyc diesel !!!!

ok i havent smoked in about 2 months now. i just ran out of stuff ive grown and refuse to pay the prices people ask for the crap on the streets. but last night i went to a bar.b.q and was introduced to a a guy who grows ak 47 and nyc diesel. he was nice enough to give me a chunk of the nyc that i would try tonite. now i havent smoked in 2 months and this will be the test. one hit of nyc diesel and we will see the results............

wikidcalibudgrl

hehheheheee,,, right on massass!! Toke up and enjoy the ride! Let us know how it goes,, I"m growing out two nycd's right now from clone, can't wait to be able to taste it!

G

Mass
Please do give us an update.. I am almost ready to buy some diesel..
I am not sure what to buy.. NYCD, Sour Diesel, DSD, im not sure which diesel as i can only afford to buy one pack and only one pack.. recommendations would be nice..peace..

click here to see my 1st outdoor grow.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11794

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

issack

Veteran
i just got some sour D...it's going to be in my next grow...not much info on the yeilds though...anyone hear?

G

One hit and out.

It's either damn good shit or massass is a lightweight..... :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Lucky420

heh, that nyc diesel must have been a kick in the a$$. Wonder if he passed out or just forgot about this thread :).

G

He is waking up right now..
Saying to himself what happened? Dayum i was abducted by aliens..peace..

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

lol....ok its been a couple days.... sorry been a little busy. well over all it was good shit.

smell.........fuckin perfect. smelled like weed should. but different, kinda spicy......made you go mmmmmmmmm.
taste........its pot.taste like pot....mabey a little minty but like pot.

high.....ok at first i was a little dissapointed. i tried it on saturday night and took one rip off of a small piece. i got high...not stoned... but wasnt fucked up. i can handle most pot and do have the occasional heart race but at this point i was cool. so the next night i break the rest up and fill my glass piece and we sit down to watch a movie.i take a hit and got high...almost to the point that i dont even feel high but felt it in my eyes. so i take another deep hit and go sit down. within 5 min i knew i was pretty high.i lam sitting there thinking to myself " dont freak out...stay cool" and I finaly lay down.so i was just smiling and enjoying a very euphoric high that lasted a good while. good for work, movies,games, and working in the yard. i am sure its pretty strong if you roll a joint but the bowl i packed ,got me pretty high but surely didnt fuck me up....actually mabey for a second was :) :biglaugh:

G

Sour D or DSD would be my recommendation.

Soma's NYCD is not as good overall as SD or DSD is, imho.

Tex

G

Sack bro, get hold of Rezs sourBX, have the ECSD cut goin and the aroma is fanfuckintastic...no shit either.

mumblintoself.....cant believe ive had this cut for months and just now runnin.........mumblininin.

just thought it was gonna be another hyped letdown, from the aroma alone its a special plant for sure.

CBF

G

DSDv2 is nice... lots of diversity... I had 3 different phenos... all very good.

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
I have extensive work with Petrol, DSD and SD1.5... the EC pheno I have came from the DSD and is easily the better pheno of the three (ECSD, NYCD and mixed) in my opinion.

Niemand

Texas Kid said:
Sour D or DSD would be my recommendation.

Soma's NYCD is not as good overall as SD or DSD is, imho.

Tex

I AGREE.... but Ive been thinking about the legend of NYCD

Since there are no seeds for ECSD and the sample Soma got HAD seeds... isn't it proper to assume it was a CROSS to begin with??? So therefore isnt a triple cross? Has anyone tried sage and sour? I know for sure Adams ECSD was the real thing (He sells it via Amnesia Coffeeshop) Just wondering

Jah Bless

HawaiianGrown

Dude, NYCD is AOK

Dude, NYCD is AOK

Aloha,

I got some of Soma's personal NYCD seeds when they were first run. Good, But not Sour. The Sour is totally diff. We had a Highlife Cup Judges night at his pad years back, and the clear winner was the sour diesel, beating out all others as the one that could cut through on both buzz and flavour. It was an unanimous choice.

That being said, straight NYCD from Soma back then was a high yielder and easy grow. The flavor was spot-on. Diesel. plain and simple. When grown unaltered here in Hawaii it was a keeper. The seeds are now an f2 incross that I have on hold.

I was also smart enough to cross w/ Hawaiian Sativa for the (Huge) Hawaiian Diesel.

I think NYCD, if grown properly and the right pheno, is just as good as any sour, just apples and oranges, red and blanc.

Any thoughts?

dHazed

The high of the NYCD comes nowhere near the high of the Sour Diesel. The Sour Diesel is almost like crack. Upon inhalation your neck becomes hot your face becomes flushed and your head explodes like a thoroughly shaked Champagne bottle. This is not the same reaction one has when smoking the NYCD. I had much love for Soma til he became the highest priced seeds on the market. Brother Soma please lower your prices. His articles in High Times really got me vibing with his ideology but his current pricing offends me. I have a pack of Rez's bx 2.5 and will grow them out eventually. It is also sad how Somas lack of eliminating hermaphrodites has been passed down to the 2.5's but because this was announced by Rez I know what to look for with them and not be surprised. My next Diesel purchase will be the V3 offered by Rez.