What's new

REZ-SDBX2.5 x (JLP HazexG13)(JLP Phoenix1)(Nirv Purple Power) YEAH!!!

myrth

just 'cause,

getting my grower-buddy to germ out some REZ SDBX2.5 seeds. hoping to find one awesome male to pollinate any beautiful female from this list:

a) REZ SDBX2.5 (6 seeds)
b) JLP HazexG13 (3 seeds)
c) JLP Phoenix 1 (4 seeds)
d) Nirvana Purple Power (3 seeds)

i figure if i'm providing the seeds and he's growing it for me, why not make a bunch of seeds for us to share and use later. :yummy:

no reason for the combinations except that the jlp crosses sounded cool, and i want to see some purple in my grows... :biglaugh:

as things progress i'll keep this thread updated. at the moment the seeds are in water getting re-hydrated. no pictures for this, we've all seen it before...

-myrth

edit -> hey, figuring 5 females, how many seeds do you think will be created?

Last edited:
High Myrth,

You are perhaps too young to remember when all pot came with FREE seeds, and LOTS of them?

Seeds from 5 females? Tens of thousands, pounds and pounds. Maybe a million. Nah, too stoned, I mean too high.

peace, love, happiness ;-)

G

myrth.. i recommend you keep each strain to its self... (if you find a male of that straube cross it with the female... a little spread pollen is fine.... but you want to still keep stable genetics... so the f2's should be good

myrth

but, will not interesting genetics come from such diverse strains inter-breeding? certainly some instability will occur, but will not the odds of finding an awesome mother from these new strains be likely as well? a new strain created that will hopefully in time become stable...truly a great thing...

-myrth

G

Hi,
If it was me,I'd use multiple SD BX 2.5 males (to prevent genetic 'bottlenecking')
crossed to:

~JLP HazexG13 females~

Why?

JLP's Haze/G13 x SD BX 2.5 has a good liklihood of being unrelated,genetically, which gives you the best chance for a nice,even-keeled f1 hybrid in the resulting seeds.
Imo some absolutley kickass Mothers will come from that union.

Keep us posted on the results,wen it's done.

Cheers!

myrth

Update #1

having encountered a setback, i've decided to let REZ-Petrol be my main base strain instead of the SDBX2.5 seeds. petrol should be giving me similiar characteristics as sdbx2.5 and i'm looking forward to seeing what these babies can do. :)

as you can tell i've lived in the corporate world long enough that even my setbacks have a good spin to them... *laugh*

-myrth

JLP

Veteran
Good luck on the grow Myrth.

Rez has the right idea on the cross.Hopefully your G-13 Haze fems will lean to the G side.That would make a nice cross with the Petrol or 2.5 bx.If you hit a Haze pheno it can go 130 days.The Phoenix is a little tamer with 90-100 days max.

Even a small plant(2'-3') will produce a thousand seeds,larger plants,several thousand.

JLP

myrth

"Even a small plant(2'-3') will produce a thousand seeds,larger plants,several thousand."

wow! i didn't know that many could be produced. that's mighty awesome.

JLP, can you give me some tips as to what the G13 pheno may be looking like?

thanks.

-myrth

JLP

Veteran
It takes 2 pistils(white hairs) to make a seed.Cannabis is a prolific producer of seeds.

The best early indicator as to pheno is time to sex.A G pheno will sex in under 2 weeks.A Haze pheno will take 60 days to show sex.

JLP

myrth

Update #2

i popped 5 petrol into some water last two nights ago. one day in a warm place in a damp paper towel and the next thing i know - i have 5 huge tails! one even popped the shell off the little leaves already...only BOG-LSD and BOG-Lifesaver has ever shown such vigor in early seedling growth! rock on Rez... :)

-myrth

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
personally, I reckon the greater the instability, the more chance of getting a great combination of genes to produce a great plant. Then worry about stabalizing it, and only if you really want to. Whats the end goal, to build up an established and world renound seed company, or prduce some limited number of kickass plants?

myrth

don't argue near your grow site!

don't argue near your grow site!

after a domestic dispute - nonviolent but loud - the cops were called. five minutes before they arrived all plants were pulled and tossed into the deep dark night behind some outbuildings. *sigh*

the loss:

in early veg state:
4 Petrol (thriving!)
2 JLP G13xHaze (also thriving incredibly well!)
1 JLP Phoenix
3 Skunk x Haze
3 Myrth #1 (Skunk x (Kush x Early Skunk))

in flower:
1 Nirvana Blue Mystic seeded with Unknown Soma Pollen
1 Nirvana Blue Mystic seeded with BOG Lifesaver Pollen
1 Unknown Soma Strain

partial loss:
1 Nirvana Blue Mystic 1.5 weeks away from cutting...now it's very dirty with dirt so i'll probably be trimming then going through a water cure to get as much of the impurity out as i can.

this morning i went out and took a few cuttings from the petrol plants. hopefully they will start back up to life as clones, but they were pretty wilted after a night out. :(

oh well. for all those who might argue near where they grow - just remember to keep it down...

-myrth

king j

damn man read through this thread to this conclusion.... keeeeeep safe man
aint really got much to say other then thats why i have a hard time even bringin the girls over to the old grow house... but thats me intensely personal and heavily mysterious... maybe the government brings it outa me but that seems to be the safe way to be.
anywho sorry to hear all tose fun plants went down...
puff pufff puffff pufff
heres to your next round man... may it pay twice what this one would have

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
^^^^
sorry to hear about your loss Myrth. That project had potential...

better safe than sorry tho, right? it couldve been worse. at least your not sittin in jail.

good luck myrth,
bartender187

myrth

thank you. :) i plan on restarting the project. i still have 4 or 5 of each of the JLP seeds, and 5 petrol.

don't have any of the soma salad seeds (but they had horrible germ rates anyway), so i think i'll toss in some nirvana papaya and a few JLP Amnesia 99.

-myrth

Hey man, sorry for the loss but hey it could have been a lot worse. As for your hybrids, i think it depends on how you plan on growing from in the future. If you plan on growing from seed most of the time then stability will be important to you and you should probably follow the advice of the more experienced breeders like rez. But if all you want from these seeds is a chance to find great moms then stability isnt that important and in fact instability and diversity could be a plus. What does everyone else think?

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
I would think that the more instability would possibly lead to 10s+ different phenotypes - each of which could be unevenly expressed - you might have to go through many times the number of phenos to really take advantage of all that diversity. At least that's what I learned in botany a century ago... Mendel - the first modern breeding botanist circa mid 1800s - had the same problem...

Man - I gotta slow down on the TW :biglaugh: