What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cannavore's cave

Cannavore

Veteran
Looking killa brother. That's a lot of crosses, you are going to be busy popping for a while.

Yep lol hopefully with a little help from friends. I'm in a chucker mode though. Going to be shelving the GMO x waltz stuff for a bit after this pollen run so that I can do a quick reversal project that I've wanted to do for years... Got some old lines that need reproducing too before the seed loses viability as well!

nickman

Veteran
Great update man...!!!...

Looks like you’ve got your hands full...!!!...
I like that GMO x Dwg Waltz #3

cester

Wow!:woohoo:
A very good job bro!!!:eek:
My favorite is GMO x Dawgs Waltz F1-#3! From how you told her terp, it must be an orgasm!:yummy:

Peace
:smoke:

Cannavore

Veteran
Great update man...!!!...

Looks like you’ve got your hands full...!!!...
I like that GMO x Dwg Waltz #3

thanks nick :tiphat:

the #3 is cool for sure. funny story on her though, i confused her with the one i actually wanted to keep from the F1 hunt, so my real keeper got culled and this one survived lol.

Wow!
A very good job bro!!!
My favorite is GMO x Dawgs Waltz F1-#3! From how you told her terp, it must be an orgasm!:yummy:

Peace
:smoke:

it's very weird. i've never had such yeast smelling weed before.

it's like flipping over a slice of pizza and sniffing the warm yeasty crust. and its super loud, you brush into the live plant and it fills the immediate area with this artificial grape and pizza dough yeast smell. really intoxicating.

6153112855_3e7094f817_b.jpg

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks nick :tiphat:

the #3 is cool for sure. funny story on her though, i confused her with the one i actually wanted to keep from the F1 hunt, so my real keeper got culled and this one survived lol.

it's very weird. i've never had such yeast smelling weed before.

it's like flipping over a slice of pizza and sniffing the warm yeasty crust. and its super loud, you brush into the live plant and it fills the immediate area with this artificial grape and pizza dough yeast smell. really intoxicating.

View Image

I hate when that happens:blowbubbles:

redlaser

Veteran
Plants look the picture of health, that’s what I shoot for but don’t always achieve. Are you still using an organic mix, with dry amendments? And do you still use the SIP method I think it’s called, using sub irrigation or wicking material?

Cannavore

Veteran
Plants look the picture of health, that’s what I shoot for but don’t always achieve. Are you still using an organic mix, with dry amendments? And do you still use the SIP method I think it’s called, using sub irrigation or wicking material?

Yep I grow in a slightly modified clackamas coots mix. Dont have any plants in SIPS at the moment but yessir they are a vital part of my grow :) i always know the SIP plants will be healthy and happy leaving one less thing to worry about and it gives me time to focus on other stuff in the garden.

redlaser

Veteran
Yep I grow in a slightly modified clackamas coots mix. Dont have any plants in SIPS at the moment but yessir they are a vital part of my grow :) i always know the SIP plants will be healthy and happy leaving one less thing to worry about and it gives me time to focus on other stuff in the garden.

What factors into your decision to not have plants in SIP currently?

Probably no biggie to go in and out of SIP, but steady and even water benefits seem missing once out of SIP.

I use a slightly modified Coots mix as well, on my third year with current mix, improves year to year. Went with 12 inch deep beds to create shared root zones and lessen individual plants from drying out if one is bigger than the next.
Can’t really do the SIP in these beds, have to go with tensionometers to keep it more even I suppose.

Curious what your modifications to the soil mix are, I added Wolastinite and made a five-way mineral mix, added forest humus with the castings, probably went overboard going with 10% casting/ first humus. Otherwise ratios are pretty traditional.

Cannavore

Veteran
What factors into your decision to not have plants in SIP currently?

Probably no biggie to go in and out of SIP, but steady and even water benefits seem missing once out of SIP.
i dont have enough floor space to run all SIPs. So I normally just use the SIPs to grow out healthy fresh growth on moms so I can take cuts. Especially cuts I recieve that need some babying. The SIP brings them right back to form just about. Sometimes I do flower in them though, wish i could do it all the time it'd make my life even easier lol.

I use a slightly modified Coots mix as well, on my third year with current mix, improves year to year. Went with 12 inch deep beds to create shared root zones and lessen individual plants from drying out if one is bigger than the next.
Can’t really do the SIP in these beds, have to go with tensionometers to keep it more even I suppose.
cool, i still want to do a SIP bed by using a fabric planter bed and a 4x4 tray modified to be the reservoir. seeing great results around the web.

Curious what your modifications to the soil mix are, I added Wolastinite and made a five-way mineral mix, added forest humus with the castings, probably went overboard going with 10% casting/ first humus. Otherwise ratios are pretty traditional.
basically the same as the regular coots mix just a coco/peat base with lots of castings.

Cannavore

Veteran
I'm interested how those GMO f2's come out.

The GMO throws out so many "ogkb" recessive kids.

I'm not too familiar with them showing from GMO, but the Waltz gen I bred with has them in spades. Crossing Waltz to Cookies amplified it, while crossing Waltz to GMO lowered it to about 20% in the F1 cross, and so far I haven't seen any of them in the F2.

The recessives seem to pop out, IMO, when you reinforce the genes sporting those recessive traits (urkle, cookie) with more of those types of genes (more urkle, cookie). When you move away from inbreeding the same urkle and cookie stuff over and over that mutation seems to go away.

I'm not too familiar with them showing from GMO, but the Waltz gen I bred with has them in spades. Crossing Waltz to Cookies amplified it, while crossing Waltz to GMO lowered it to about 20% in the F1 cross, and so far I haven't seen any of them in the F2.

The recessives seem to pop out, IMO, when you reinforce the genes sporting those recessive traits (urkle, cookie) with more of those types of genes (more urkle, cookie). When you move away from inbreeding the same urkle and cookie stuff over and over that mutation seems to go away.

Interesting, I'm sure you have more experience running out GMO progeny. From the Gypsy Cab (GMO x 91bx2) and mule fuel (GMO x mendo montage) I found majority ogkb type kids which was weird considering the males dont have any cookie. I suppose maybe the mendo montage has some deep line purple in it or something.

On an unrelated note, do you still have any of those Giesel x dawg waltz beans that were dropped a while ago at GLG?

Cannavore

Veteran
Interesting, I'm sure you have more experience running out GMO progeny. From the Gypsy Cab (GMO x 91bx2) and mule fuel (GMO x mendo montage) I found majority ogkb type kids which was weird considering the males dont have any cookie. I suppose maybe the mendo montage has some deep line purple in it or something.

On an unrelated note, do you still have any of those Giesel x dawg waltz beans that were dropped a while ago at GLG?

well shit that's more than i've grown lol i've just grown the cut and the waltz hybrid i made.

i have maybe 10-15 of those beans left for myself to pop. gave out the rest. i should have some results to share on them soon as my buddy funkfingers is wrapping up a grow with them.

you have any special pollen saved?

not sure what you mean by special lol i tend to keep males rather than having pollen on hand.

Cannavore

Veteran
GMO x Dawgs Waltz
F1 Male
About 10 days into 12/12
Big fella. Very branchy with a GMO sized stretch. Very stinky too!

nsrMK31.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts