What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

searching within a thread has been broken for a while..

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
as the title says! if you click on the ''search this thread'' function, and type in an search particular keywords, the results come up fine.
but when you click the link to that particular post, it loads the incorrect page.
so for example, I go to the Bodhi seeds thread and type in the strain name, to read all posts about that strain. then from the results I click on the link and it takes me to an incorrect page within that thread.

and this has been broken for a looong time now.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I think this has to do with threads with deleted pages. The Bohdi thread you mention shows more pages than there actually is.

I have experienced this with helpful votes within “My IC” as well. When clicking the linked thread title it doesn’t return me to my post, if there’s more numbered pages in the thread than actual pages.

Some threads get edited (posts deleted) by mods and I think that’s what throws it off.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
ah ok.. but then a lot of the pages or posts must have been deleted. because every link ive clicked takes me to the same page. and its not the last page but it is somewhere near the end of the thread.. oh well.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ah ok.. but then a lot of the pages or posts must have been deleted. because every link ive clicked takes me to the same page. and its not the last page but it is somewhere near the end of the thread.. oh well.

Yeah, either disagreements or trolling....some posts/pages deleted.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's also when you are doing a Google search for some Chimera threads the search results appear but when you click on the link you end up on the main page of this forum. Some or all of these threads were most probably moved to another subfolder. This is also going on for a long time. Is it Googles fault?
And there's another glitch. Some threads, mainly the ones with many pages, are showing more pages than there actually are. I have often clicked on the last page, which was for instance page 40, and always only get to page 39 or 38.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
yeah that always happens.. its normally when theres loads of pages and some have been deleted at some point i think.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
yeah but say for example I'm looking for a particular post within a long thread.. for example Bodhi seeds.. I might put strain name in the search to find posts about that particular strain. but it will show the results but then when you click on the link it wont take you to that post. so I'm talking about the '' search thread'' function. google would find the thread but doubt it would direct you to a post in the thread.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actually, the search thread function isn't working AT ALL now. It's simply saying the terms of the search were too short, not found, or ignored all together. I've tested it in threads searching for contents within my own posts and I'll get all the posts I've made, but zero recognition of the key search terms.

Makes it very hard to find content to share with new people asking questions. I don't have the time to type new essays every time a repeat questions surfaces, so I look for my posts that contain the answers already.

The lack of this search feature really makes it that much more difficult to actually use this sit as intended - to create more growers.

I wish I knew all the details about forum software, costs of maintenance, etc. It seems a shame to let the site continue to crumble bit by bit by bit.

dank.Frank

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I have posted many time that when I try to search or click a link from Google it just goes to the mobile home page. I was told it's my browser but I've used every browser. So I can't search at all. Bummer.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
yeah that happens to me too. that's with internet explorer for me. tbh a site should work on every browser or at least the most popular ones.:tiphat:

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
Actually, the search thread function isn't working AT ALL now. It's simply saying the terms of the search were too short, not found, or ignored all together. I've tested it in threads searching for contents within my own posts and I'll get all the posts I've made, but zero recognition of the key search terms.

Makes it very hard to find content to share with new people asking questions. I don't have the time to type new essays every time a repeat questions surfaces, so I look for my posts that contain the answers already.

The lack of this search feature really makes it that much more difficult to actually use this sit as intended - to create more growers.

I wish I knew all the details about forum software, costs of maintenance, etc. It seems a shame to let the site continue to crumble bit by bit by bit.

dank.Frank

I agree.. its going downhill. and seed bay is already gone
I'm not sure whats going on behind the scenes but you can see the writings on the wall.

thailer

i can not search at all. each time i try to search the forum for threads on soil tests, the next screen to show is all white and the page is done loading. i can go back and try a different search term but the next page to load is solid white.

depending on how i searched before it would just say no results but the top right search bar wit the advanced search option, would still work. now it won't.