What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

can you stop??

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
well is there a way to stop or delete a thread post....that way when i click on my posts, i wont have to see that thread pop up all the time...i replied to clearance thread for seeds...but that was a one time thing,..but its always almost at the top of MY POSTS....Is there way to fix this,or am.i.screwed,.. :biggrin:

corky1968

Veteran
Just unsubscribe from that thread and it's gone.

How-To:

1 .Click your "My IC" button in the top right corner under your user name.

2. Then you'll be able to find that thread title and an option to Unsubscribe below it.

3. Click Unsubscribe and the thread won't pop up anymore.

Unless of course you post in the a thread again. :)

:tiphat:

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
hell i still cant see where it says that....lol,i sure as heck looked around...????
logging on/posting thru cell phone,isnt gonna make a difference,would it.??? thks again buddy... :thank you:

Skip

Veteran
The only way it won't appear at the top of "my posts" is if you post something new.

onavelzy

Veteran
I've had the same problem. When i post in a thread, that thread shows up in the "My Posts" section. That thread does not show up in the "subscribed threads" area in the "My IC" section.

I do have two threads in the My IC area that I did subscribe to but have never posted in. They do show up in that "subscribed threads" list and can be unsubscribed. Those two subscribed threads do not show up in the "My Posts" thread.

The OP was asking how to get threads off of his "My Posts" section, not the "My IC" section. I would like to be able to clean that area up as well, Any help from Skip or other experts would be appreciated. If not, this will add to my list of dead threads that I can show my grandchildren

Skip

Veteran
If you posted it, it will show up in My Posts, that is its purpose.

You can always ask a mod to delete your one post in a thread.

M

mrghost

Too bad this feature doesn't exist.

I would like to keep my posts but not get further notifications about other posts in that same thread.

Why?

I "might have" had something to contribute at a certain time but might not be interested anymore so I'd like to get rid of the notifications.

I have about 3 threads that are not "my threads" that I still like to get notified about.
About 20 other threads are not interesting to me "anymore" but I don't want to have to ask for deletion because others might still see it as useful information.

Solution?

Looks like I am going to have to make a new account and just never post in any threads.
Defeats the purpose of this forum... doesn't it?

EDIT

Since I stated my issue in this thread I will always get notified about this thread until I ask a mod to delete THIS post.
Sounds pretty broken to me.

Skip

Veteran
Too bad this feature doesn't exist.

I would like to keep my posts but not get further notifications about other posts in that same thread.

You can turn off notifications on a thread basis in your settings. That has nothing to do with "my posts".

M

mrghost

You can turn off notifications on a thread basis in your settings. That has nothing to do with "my posts".

I have no idea where I would find this option. I've looked through all options several times and finally ended up in this thread which states that deleting posts is the only way to achieve this.

I'd be happy to get a screenshot with an arrow pointing exactly where I would find it.

Anyways, thanks for offering help

M

mrghost

Check post 2 in this thread, it gives a step by step.

Sorry but it seems like you didn't read the entire thread.

The issue is not about subscriptions but rather about notifications under "My Posts". I'm not going to explain it again.

Latest posts

Latest posts