What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My first time Drysifting with Bubblebox

Fakir710

Hi everybody!

Just want to show you the end product i get after a couple hours sifting some of my flowers.

The Strain used was my pheno number 6 from the strain Clusterfunk by Bodhi Seeds

Took a couple pics with the microscope also so i can see the impurities, i think its maybe 95% heads, i don't really know but i doubt that its close to 98% or 99% heads, no static tech used in this, just sifting, it's my first time getting a result like this so i dont think its so pure, but it really melts, believe me.

Fakir710

So as you can see there are a couple trichomes without decapitating, a decapitated gland, some broken heads and a brown heads, also a green trace wich i dont really know if its vegetal matter or a reflection.

Let me know what you think!

Regards.
Fakir.

Fakir710

Excuse me, could you please @gaiusmarius or @Payaso move this thread to Hashish sub-forum and delete this message? I did not see the sub-forum and i think this doesn't belong here. Im sorry.

Regards.

Fakir710

Excuse me, could you please @gaiusmarius or @Payaso move this thread to Hashish sub-forum and delete this message? I did not see the sub-forum and i think this doesn't belong here. Im sorry.

Regards.

Fakir710

Regards.

F

Fermented

Press the little red triangle on the left hand side of any post in the thread, this is under the poster's name, and a window will pop and you can send a message to the Mods "Please move this thread to the Hashish forum, keep up the good work, thanks...etc

i still fail to see why the Hashish forum was relegated to a sub-forum and the Concentrates became the main forum?? Most hashish thread get posted in the wrong forum and either die there or eventually get moved to the Hashish forum. What needs to happen is the Hashish forum needs to be an actual forum, not a sub-forum which most miss.

If it's dissolved in petro-chemicals or melted or processed in other ways to make an oil in the many various forms, then the thread goes in the Concentrates forum. For dry sifting, hand rubbing, ice water hash and many other methods that produce actual "hashish" or anything hashish related, then, naturally, it goes in the Hashish forum...happy hashing!

F

Fermented

Fakir710....First time dry sifting and produces full melt 99% resin heads!

GTFOOH!

That's the cleanest dry sift I've seen in ages and definitely the cleanest I've seen that was made with a Bubble Box (I've got one too, but I use larger screens when sifting). Your starting material must of been perfect and your technique at expert level.

I've always preferred using at least three screens and a very gentle technique when sifting for quality.

You are a master dry sifter. Please tell us step by step how you achieved such super clean dry sifted resin.

Fakir710

Very nice work!
How much did you yield?

Only heads yield where less than 1%, from 8-10 grams less than 0.25 grams, did not use a scale but i guess its something like that. Secon quality maybe close to 5% so i did a couple 0.3g joints with it.

Looks good! How many screens are in the box? What micron?
3 screens. First one is 140u for the plant matter, second is 107u and third is 70u.

Press the little red triangle on the left hand side of any post in the thread, this is under the poster's name, and a window will pop and you can send a message to the Mods "Please move this thread to the Hashish forum, keep up the good work, thanks...etc

i still fail to see why the Hashish forum was relegated to a sub-forum and the Concentrates became the main forum?? Most hashish thread get posted in the wrong forum and either die there or eventually get moved to the Hashish forum. What needs to happen is the Hashish forum needs to be an actual forum, not a sub-forum which most miss.

If it's dissolved in petro-chemicals or melted or processed in other ways to make an oil in the many various forms, then the thread goes in the Concentrates forum. For dry sifting, hand rubbing, ice water hash and many other methods that produce actual "hashish" or anything hashish related, then, naturally, it goes in the Hashish forum...happy hashing!

So i should report myself? Hahaha okey didn't think bout that. Thank you for the info.

Yeah, i didn't understand why hashish is a sub-forum in concentrates, it should be backwards.

Regards, have a nice day!

Fakir710

Fakir710....First time dry sifting and produces full melt 99% resin heads!

GTFOOH!

That's the cleanest dry sift I've seen in ages and definitely the cleanest I've seen that was made with a Bubble Box (I've got one too, but I use larger screens when sifting). Your starting material must of been perfect and your technique at expert level.

I've always preferred using at least three screens and a very gentle technique when sifting for quality.

You are a master dry sifter. Please tell us step by step how you achieved such super clean dry sifted resin.

Thank you so much, sir, very appreciated.

For real? I don't think is that pure and clean, i don't know nobody personally who does dry sift with the bubble box because my circle is so small and nobody really grow and extract, so all i did was reading, looking at forums and trying to imitate the bubblemans tech he use in the videos, but when you are sifting you realize that all the factors matter, R/H, Temp... I was sifting at 60% R/H and 15ºC, Plant matter was cured for 3 months at 62%humidity and freezed for 12 hours, after that i just clean the room completely and try to get the smaller amount of dust in the room so basically what i do y barely grind the freezed plant matter with a weed grinder and sift it with a card over the first screen (140u), second screen you get a very blonde product but it needs for a lot of cleaning, so there is an important point. Try to pass the card in different angles of inclination, as you can see with a 90º angle you are piling up the skuff but with a 45º angle you sift it. Play with the angles and make minimum to no pressure when sifting, the glands will star fall progressively and your skuff pile will start gradually to become darker, that's plant matter with some broken resin and you can take it apart for press it and smoke later, so clean the 107u screen (the second one) upside down with a couple hits and sift the skuff in the 70u screen (third one) for half a minute. After this, collect the skuff with a card, put the 107u screen on the 70u screen again and repeat the process 4 to 8 times, the last dust that reside in the 107u screen every time I re-sift i save it apart. You should have an scope for look at what you are sifting, what are you cleaning and what not, understand the glands and look at them, thats so important. Its important to start with good quality plant matter, the weed its grown by me, dried by me, cured by me etc... so in fact I have been trying with other strains and the resin does't sift like this, so you should find also a strain that works for your screen size, talking with a friend he told me: "You are lucky that most of your glands are between 107 and 70 microns." But they generally are, so, IMHO, it's a matter of several factors adding up, because i dont live in Siberia nor Alaska so, I think in summer its gonna be impossible to do this correctly.

But yeah, you can smoke it in a rig and the melt is just like WTF.

Regards and thank you for the kind words, it makes me feel super honored and motivates me a lot!

Have a nice day, sir!

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Check out the drysiftwizard for contrast. His posts are here and on other forums/social media. Don't mind his shit personality.

D420k's youtube video's are worth the watch.

Fakir710

Check out the drysiftwizard for contrast. His posts are here and on other forums/social media. Don't mind his shit personality.

D420k's youtube video's are worth the watch.

Thanks for the recomendation, Drysiftwizard tech looks fast as hell! Will try it, i want to make som diy screens for a bigger and way comfortable working method and also for trimming. Will see also de D420k' s Tech tutorial, looks genuine!

Regards.

F

Fermented

Plant matter was cured for 3 months

If you tried sifting under the same conditions with the same technique with plant matter that was only dried for 3 weeks, you would most likely not achieve the same purity.

Only heads yield where less than 1%, from 8-10 grams less than 0.25 grams,

I love smoking very pure resin heads...but without pounds of free quality trim or bud to sift, that's just not possible for me so with the limited amount of plant matter available so I aim for good quality with maximum yield which means I get enough good quality resin that zings my forehead and warms my ears for a week or three and not just a few bowls of fantastic, mind blowing resin that is finished in a day.

First I lightly sift to get clean resin heads, then re-work the plant matter to separate most of the remaining resin. The 2nd sift is re-sifted several times to remove contaminants and then it is combined with the first sift, that's how get good quality with maximum yield.

The problem with keeping the first and second sifts separated is that the quality of the high of the first makes the second sift very unsatisfying, when you combine the two you get a much better overall experience that lasts way longer.

haze*ekiel420

Very nice Work fakir👍
I personally are more of a 'stocking over a Bucket' sifter. Going for Maximum Yield with Good Quality. But i Love to look at the Kaviar..
Maybe One day in the Name of Science😉

Take care