What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MOBY DICK?

sativa92

hello!! has anyone grown or smoked this strain?

i know there are other strains with the same lineage of hazexwhitewidow such as elnino and la nina ect.. and wondered which would be the better one. thanks

T

troy1010

I am growing this season . My mobys are only a few weeks old . They are looking very nice. I Will update you if u like. I know it didn't answer your question.lol.

MyAssIsGrass

?_?
Veteran
I ran some Moby Dick outdoor last year and was pleasantly surprised with the result, pretty decent frost coverage and the smoke had a distinct taste of banana. Never tried El Nino or La Nina so can't compare

blan-k-flor

Veteran
I don´t like fems but i have to recognize that Moby Dick is a very good strain. I grew it lot of times and always with good results. Compact buds (prone to mold in late flowering stages), VERY resinous and a THC bomb. It won several contests here in Argentina.

picture.php

Pic from some years ago :)

Last edited:
Z

Ziggaro

I got one going now from Dinafem. I'm surprised how squat it is didn't stretch much but looks like some killer smoke. Much more indica structured than the one above me. It smells like steak seasoning spices maybe some cracked black pepper haha not my style but it's interesting. It kicks out some frost too, for sure. Not sure how the smoke is yet but I bet it's good!

idiit

Veteran
i ran dinafem mobydick a few years ago and loved it. i renamed it cloud nine 'cause that's how i felt after hitting a couple bowls. then after a few nights i got tolerance build up on it and couldn't get the effects any more.

tolerance build up is one major reason i went to mostly or pure landraces.

Last edited by a moderator:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dinafem moby dick did GREAT for me. short stocky plant, big dense sweet buds, very lush and thick foliage as well while maintaining a good leaf to bud ratio. also the leaves seemed extra thick and waxy compared to other strains.
def a production strain for yield not flav, altho the flav was alright.

im interested in the Greenhouse moby dick....

sativa92

my ass is grass... how was the vigor? did they get pretty big? how late did they come in? thanks for the help..

blan-k-flor.. damn nice pics, thanks..

ziggaro..did you only start one seed? i like to know the range of phenos? im sure one parent being a haze there has to be some 12 or more weekers in those genes.. keep me posted on when you get to try iy out..

iddiit.. that sucks to hear of tolerence build up..but does happen with alot of strains..

Avinash.miles.. great info man.. i also wondered if greenhouse knocked the strain off or if they are selling dinafem strains? they have some other strains that dinafem has..
thanks everyone for posting.. great to know moby dick just might be a good outdoor plant for my climate.. also would like to know how it compares to other seedbanks hazexwidow..

Z

Ziggaro

Yeah man it was a freebie so I only did one so I can't say much on phenotypes although I'd assume theres gotta be a few. I'll definitely let you know how it turns out. Despite it's indica structure its already at 63 days and still needs a couple weeks.

sativa92

hey thanks ziggaro.. good to know, i can just imagine this plant outdoors.. big and beastly!

has anyone on here grown elnino or la nina? i have heard that shanti possibly used M MADNESS for the la nina?

T

troy1010

My mobys are from dinafem . They are looking extremely good.9 from 10 sprouts. I got 1 mutant. The other 8 have all been topped at the 5th set of leaves except 1. I have holes in ground with toms mix. Should be going in this week. There are not much difference in prototypes . Mainly look indica although i expect them to look more hazey as they get older.

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
Growing Moby Dick from Dinafem here.
Right now it is on day 8 of flower.

So far has been a joy to grow and has resisted all my attempts to kill it! :biggrin:

Getting kind of bushy with huge fan leaves. Looks to be an indica dom right now.

Anyone have any idea how long it takes to finish?

Attachments

• Moby Dick 002.jpg
    Moby Dick 002.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 15
  • Moby Dick 003.jpg
    Moby Dick 003.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 13
  • Moby Dick 001.jpg
    Moby Dick 001.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
Moby Dick update. Have trimmed the odd fan leaf off here and there to allow the light to get to the developing buds. Looks like it is showing a bit of Nitrogen Def which is strange for being in flower. Added a bit of 25/5/5 granules to my usual KISS formula mix this feed. Took about 2.5 liters before a small amount of runoff.

Still learning how to grow in a mainly coco based medium. She basically needs water/feed every other day in this mix.

RH was too low for a while until I figured I could get away with watering/feeding more and more often even in a 3 gallon pot.

Have a lot of lumens on her but even that many does not seem like enough but it will have to do for this grow.

Attachments

• MD 005.jpg
    MD 005.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 16
  • MD 004.jpg
    MD 004.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 9
  • MD 003.jpg
    MD 003.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 7
  • MD 002.jpg
    MD 002.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 10
  • MD 001.jpg
    MD 001.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 10
D

DryNobBob

IMHO, great bag appeal, but if you are used to bubba's, chem's and og's, this strain seems lite. I thought the sweet vomit funky taste was neat, hehe, but other than that, I wasn't impressed, JMHO. Seemed to build a quick tolerance to it, had to start rolling double widers to get any effect for me.

sativa92

reg dixon..thanks for posting the pics. keep us updated on how they turn out. greatly app..

drynobbob...ive been smoking diesels, and chem d... it's hard to find stuff that compares.. how long did it take to finish?

D

DryNobBob

the widow brings the haze down in time I think, 10.5 weeks. but it sure looks good in a bag.

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
Latest pics of my MD after 7 weeks of flower.

Attachments

• Day 47 flower MD 004.jpg
    Day 47 flower MD 004.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Day 47 flower MD 011.jpg
    Day 47 flower MD 011.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Day 47 flower MD 008.jpg
    Day 47 flower MD 008.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 13

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
MD update

MD update

More pics. Buds are fattening up nicely. Thinking about flush soon. Next week. Just how much should I flush through mainly coco 2.5 Gallon pot.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 12

tetragrammaton

Veteran
I was recently gifted some cuttings of this strain, grown from Dinafem stock. I believe I have a sativa dominant pheno, based on the slender leaves.

I got to sample some of the buds from one of my friends last harvests, and I was blown away by the taste alone. It reminded me of piff/uptown haze/nyc haze/whatever you want to call it. That incensy, perfumy, hazey, almost soapy taste. As far as the smell of the dried buds, it smelled predominately skunky/coffeeish, but as it was ground up, thats when it became more fragrant.

The buds I sampled were more than likely some of the smaller lower buds, but even then, they had a pretty good structure. Not dense like a kush, but definately not airy or leafy like some sativa dominant strains.

I came here though, wondering if anyone knows of the lineage. We all know it's White Widow x Haze, and from what I've researched, most of Dinafems stock comes from Shantibaba. In the description of the strain, it says they crossed their best cuttings of white widow and haze, but I'm wondering what haze was used. Super Silver Haze? Amnesia Haze? Old Timers Haze? Anyone know?

This is definately a fragrant strain, especially in veg. It gives off a nice coffee/skunk smell, at a very young age.