What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My weed finds in Guatemala

clp

Recently went to Guatemala for the last three months and was able to score some good weed in a few locations.
I wasn't too picky on the quality knowing that some places I'd only be able to find schwag :moon:
I first found some weed from a local guy in Antigua. Like a 20-25 year old semi-punk kid. The kid that looks like a dealer :wave:
Also look for anyone wearing alot of rasta stuff. They are almost always dealers.
Local shoe shine kids also offered me weed.
Expect to pay in antigua around 50-200Q - ($6-24) an 8th if you know your spanish and can talk them down. They will initially start at 600-800.
antigua_guatemala-98153615_std.jpg

Weed Quality I found:
high.jpg

Next spot was in Flores. I got around an ounce of pretty awful schwag for 75 Q - ($9.50 or so). Pretty damn cheap but it was terrible weed.
Location: I found this by just wondering into the main city. I ended up at a little parque and there was this guy who was all fucked up on glue or something. He knew a little english but his buddy knew only spanish. Started asking them where I could find weed and he took me to a place near his house and came out with 3 big rolled up cylinders in weed. It was rolled in notebook paper and was actually pretty effecient for storage. He gave all 3 big rolls for 75Q which was ALOT of weed at the time. Although it was really dry and pretty bad schwag which I hate to smoke. Basically only smoked J's but you get what you can take sometimes..

Flores-Guatemala.jpg

Weed Quality:
zt7mrp.jpg

I then went to Panajachel area. You can find good weed in Pana but only because it is across the lake from San Pedro. That is basically the weed capital of Guatemala. You can get great dro from many people here. I got an ounce of decent dro (little bit of seeds) for 600 Q which was about $90. The guy first wanted to give us a tour around the town of San Pedro, we said we didnt need a tour but if he had any weed or fun places to go. We then found out he did and he went and got it from a buddy. He dropped the price for us too because we chilled with him for the day. Normally would be $350 in the states so i considered it a pretty good buy. I also chilled with the dealer at a place called Zoolaa. Its a little hidden gem of San Pedro. AMAZING FOOD and we got to smoke in the restaurant with its super chill atmosphere and music. Ask, if they wont let you smoke in the restaurant you can go back into the garden and light up there.

panajachel.jpg

mmm3.jpg

In San Marcos there is a cool shop called 2012. Its near the Elephant Cafe (ask a local). They sell lots of pieces and cool stuff for pretty cheap. Worth a quick look if youre bored.

You can always barter and try to lower the price of weed in Guatemala. Especially if you are white, they will label you as a tourist and jack the hell out of the prices. Go as low as they will go, and I sometimes said I didnt want it to see if they'd drop the price more. Its how it works in Guaty.

As far as smoking goes; I smoked just about everywhere. There are many little foresty places, and I found some great smoke spots up old creek beds etc. The harder it is to get to the harder it will be to get found. I was also in a group though that did not approve of me smoking. So it had to be secret. If you don't really care you can light up a joint in most public places. Cops won't typically do much to white tourists. Its also good to have a cig or something else burnin incase someone comes up. Drop the joint and smoke the cig instead.

Have a good trip and smoke some dank on the cheap!​

Last edited:

Corium

Hello clp

thank you for sharing those pictures. Very nice place here. Can you tell us more about the smoke, taste & effect ? hope you kept some seeds :D bye bye & enjoy :)

clp

Oh shit guys!
I took the pics from google images haha. I did go to the locations but the pics are not actually mine. Sorry for the confusion. That was what the places actually looked like though. Pana was even more beautiful.

Hope its still helpful :)

P

Paco

thanks for the report and pics.
deff will keep my eyes peeled next time I'm down there.

clp

It was a GREAT time. Guatemala is awesome and super cheap to visit.
Hope this helps :D

st0ne

I've always wanted to go to Guatemala, and everywhere else for that matter. I've read that it is among the best places to go in Central America. I've also heard it can be dangerous, although I've never let this stop me before. Did you have any issues? They say there is some major gang warfare going on in the capital, and yet, main cities are usually worse for crime than the rural towns. For some reason latin America seems a little dodgey to me. I've been to Europe, and much of Asia. Never had any issues, and frequently went places alone, and often drunk, which I shouldn't have been. Hehe. Blessed perhaps? Or cautious, and decent.

Some of that dope looked half decent! I had better keep a closer eye next time I'm on the road. I usually limit my smoking, as I've the notion it is all shake, shit, outdoor. I might be losing out on the chance to taste a nice Sativa.

Cheers!

clp

Alright heres the situation down there:
Basically. Guatemala CITY is one of the most dangerous cities in Central America. Especially for women, they are often raped and killed and the police do nothing. I watched a video called Killers Paradise where the police wouldn't try to solve a case if the victim was wearing red finger nail polish..
Sorry for the vent. The police down there piss me off..

Alright past the scary parts
The rest of Guatemala is quite friendly and safe.
Here are some general guide lines:
  • After it gets dark try to go in pairs
  • Girls should ALWAYS walk with a guy at night, especially when clubbing etc.
  • Clubs can be dangerous but they can be very fun too
  • Guatemala City after night is probably not safe.
  • Don't be scared by men with big guns (m4a1, Uzi's etc) - They are there for your protection - Banks, Tienda's, Even McDonalds have them!
  • If buying weed don't go into back allies
  • If buying a tuck-tuck (small moped taxi for 2-4 people) do not buy it late at night, the drivers are hired by gangs to take you to a random place and rob you.
  • If in a robbery situation - Be calm - Give them what they want, don't fight or do anything dumb, they will hurt you if they're mad.
  • It's best to keep money in a money belt or in 2 diff places. Although I rarely did this some places its good.
Sketchy Locations

• Guatemala City
  • Most large cities after 10pm (dark)
  • Coban in some places (tons of drug trafficking :dance013:)
  • Panajachel/San Pedro - Also lots of drugs = GOOD WEED but gangs
Oh and people grow GREAT weed down there. Some good plants all over; don't be too skeptical :)

Hope this helps!

McTore

Awesome report! I didn't expect that you could find weed that good in Guatemala, wow..

Makes me get my hopes up a bit for when I'm going to Honduras :)

clp

Ya man
well with the growing climate like it is down there ANYTHING will grow!
I planted a few bag seeds and within 2 weeks they were pretty large, grows way faster there than in the states.

I'm sure hondurus will be similar (lush tropical climate for outdoors) but if you can get over to San Pedro (not terribly far and its an AWESOME place one of my favorites in the world.) you'll be able to find some BOMB ass weed.
Good lucky and have hun!

clp

Also my general guidelines for guatemala can probably be applied to most if not all South and Central american countries

Sun Ra

clp,

thanks for posting this information. It will be helpful. Guatemala is a place that I feel drawn towards and will probably visit in the next year or so. I have heard about the dangers, but still want to go. I was recently in Belize, and it was a very cool, laid back country. I'm sure that the other countries surrounding it are much riskier for an American to visit. Looks like you got some nice finds there.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Awesome report and photos clp, I have family in Panajachel but have never been there myself, but from what you have shown and said it's the same info what my family members say also. Good stuff, inspires me more to get all the way over there from OZ.

Peace an Respects

clp

Awesome report and photos clp, I have family in Panajachel but have never been there myself, but from what you have shown and said it's the same info what my family members say also. Good stuff, inspires me more to get all the way over there from OZ.

Peace an Respects

Wow! You have family there?
That is amazing man. You have to check it out, I'd love to live down there someday. Grow weed out behind my house in the tropical sun year round :comfort:

TopShelf

Guatemala sounds alot like the experience I had on my first surf trip to Costa Rica. We stopped in Montezuma a small town full of ex-patriot gringos and a few head shops, we scored some terrible shit that was like nothing but leafy material, no buds, total shit like were saying about some of you're scores. Then we made our way to Mal Pais a small village on the coast that caters to surfers and eco travel types, ran into some real live Jamaican rastas who hung out by the beach, Lord knows they had the killa shit, WOW. Good times.

Latest posts

Latest posts