What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor Strainguide-Please contribute!

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
terran2 said:
Suspect its a pheno thing ....does 9lbs of rock hard sweet
fruity hazey nugs sound like a good OD plant ???

please , someone post a strain that does better OD than SSH ...
really want to see it

monstersshsmallks3.jpg
Because this pic deserves to be on EVERY page here @ icmag...

LOL

Strain/Breeder: Shit + Spice/Mr. Nice Seed Co
Harvest time: September 15.
Latitude of grow: 41N
Average yield: Dunno yet
Mold?: some..
Potentcy: :muahaha: Not an issue with any of the cuts. Nor is bag appeal :muahaha:
Year of grow: 2008

I grew out 2 different cuts of Spice (hawaiian indica x hawaiian Sativa) and 2 different cuts + a different seedplant of Shit (Afghan dom Sk x Sk). The Shits were very uniform, with the difference bieng in the veg growth. The fastest cut (indoors) actually vegged the biggest/fastest. The plants were scheduled to come down this weekend, but got taken last weekend due to the rain. The Spices grew like killer iller dank, smell like tropical burning rubber/burnt skunk hair. Like you had a tourist Hawaiian drink, and locked up the breaks to miss a skunk, but hit it, then sped away in a burn out. While smoking some good bud. The Spices got hit a lil by mold, but the Shits took it well, despite their density. If I had been dry right through next weekend or so, these Shits would have been MONSTERS.

I had a great summer, steady rain with no hard storms, plenty of sun, and no big heatwaves. The fall had been good until last wk, but what are you going to do.

I still have some Aroura B(TFD), MangoWidow (MrNice), and spice x ssh shit x ssh to take in. I'll drop reports when they come down.

I will be growing a pack of Shit every summer from here on out.

green-genes77

Veteran
Strain/Breeder: Maroc-Female Seeds
Harvest time: August 31
Latitude of grow: 43 Degrees
Average yield: Low yield
Mold?: None at all.
Potency: A solid 8 out of 10.
Methods: Sandy soil amended with coir and compost, plus a little lime.
Fed with select guanos, seaweed, molasses and Botanicare.
Flavors and aromas:piney, Skunky with acrid undertones make up the nose.
Soft and sweet before becoming dank on the tongue.
8/10 on both counts
Stone: The weak link. It is powerful, but a little disorienting and impacts
vision. Not long lasting. On the plus side it is warming and pleasant.
6/10 altogether.

Notes: This would be good for beginners. Easy to care for. Yield was terrible but a)the site was poorly chosen (lack of sun) and b)I topped it. Never top Maroc, it hates to branch. Quality, if somewhat generic plant when compared to all strains. However, when compared to all early plants, it is well above average. Overall rating: 6/10 Among early strains only:8/10

green-genes77

Veteran
Strain/Breeder: Nigerian Nightmare-Reeferman
Harvest: September 19
Latitude of grow: 43 Degrees
Average yield: Lower end of average. Large bushes, fair to average density.
Mold?: None at all.
Potency: A solid 7 out of 10 on both phenos.
Methods: Sandy soil amended with coir and compost, plus a little lime.
Fed with select guanos, seaweed, molasses and Botanicare.
Flavors and aromas: Pheno 1: Leaned toward Nigerian Sativa parent; carrot,
mango and a hint of citrus on the nose.
Greener on the tongue. Old school taste.8/10

Pheno 2: Favored Lowland Afghani parent. Odd, savory
smell. Decent dankish taste. 6/10
Stone: Pheno 1: Mild and productive type. Too much is confusing, slightly
psychedelic. Never sedative. 6/10
Pheno 2: A bit heavier but retains the heady psychedelia. 7.5/10

Notes: This is a decent outdoor strain and it finishes fast enough to be of use to folks in almost every clime. It is a little bit of a finicky feeder and likes the pH spot on. Could give some rookies a hard time. Sativa heritage seems to introduce some very limited hermaphroditic tendencies (pheno 1 only). The smell on pheno 1 is actually quite brilliant. Bag appeal on both phenos is above average. Nice frosty outdoor as advertised. Good luck finding any more of these seeds, though.

Overall rating: 6.5/10

G

Strain/Breeder: Sadhu/ Mandala
Harvest time: Oct 10/ 8 weeks
Latitude of grow: 38
Average yield: Heavy if coaxed
Mold?: Dense/ heavy buds. It will
Potentcy: low 8
Year of grow:08
Repeat grow? Nope

I had one bucket plant that I forced to flower early summer and 4 field grown plants. The field grown plants are 2 weeks from finishing or the 2nd week of Oct.. There are 2 pheno's, 1 with somewhat narrower leaves and is fairly easy to spot early. I don't know the natural shape of the plant as I topped it several times. Another 1 with very fat, almost round leaves . The fat leaved pheno is the most typical and grows untopped into a single cola, 5'..All of the field plants are of the fat leaved pheno. I sense the thin leaved is 1 in 3-4 plants.

I liked the growth and yield of the thinner leaved pheno and for mould resistance better than the fat leaved.

Its my opinion that this plant is a decent plant indoors, a greenhouse or outdoors where it can be cared for, such as the backyard. I wouldn't recommend it for guerilla at all. I beleive it to be a poly as the vegetation seems to grow out of itself and outdoors this provides for bug infestations and other problems. The plant grows well but doesnt display the kind of hardiness needed for the middle of nowhere.

Potency was average. The smoke is very expansive which is one of the reasons its not for me.

zappa66

Strain/Breeder: Easy Sativa-Female Seeds
Harvest time: September 5, and September 27
Latitude of grow: 44n
Average yield: Low yield (4 plants got between 3-4oz.)
Mold: a bit due to that rainy bit mid Aug.
Potency: A solid 6.5-7 out of 10.
Method(s): Indica phenos were in 5 gal buckets in a swamp with organic soil.The Indicas finished first. Sativas were in 2x2 holes in a spot with only indirect light.
Fed with guanos, earth juice, slow release tomato ferts (all organic)
Flavors and aromas: spicey sweet, hint of dank/mold (not moldy just the smell)
Taste is sweet and well…dank
7/10
Stone: makes you want to do stuff, lots of head with some body. All my friends beg me to sell them some. One guy offered me $90.00 for an 1/8. I declined…lol Its a good stone....
6/10 altogether. (The yield f***ed me)
indicas:

sativa:

indica popcorn:

indica nugs:

Last edited:

land_0ver

Strain/Breeder: early queen /mns
Harvest time: sep 28
Latitude of grow:46 N
mold:1
potency:4(just testing)..
methods:chicken shit 2x before flow..
flavors:fruity
caracteristic;very stretchy beach,low feeder,,
picture was taken sep.5

Strain/Breeder:homemade cross(early mex X rox(paradise seeds))
Harvest time:sep.5(some phenos cca 40% ,another 60% lil more time -okt.1)
Latitude of grow:46
mold:eek:
potency:4
methods:gorilla mountings ,chicken shit 2x before flow.
characteristic :heavy feeder ,self standing plant
picture was taken sep.5

Last edited:

land_0ver

Strain/Breeder:icecream paradise seeds
Harvest time:eek:kt.1
Latitude of grow:46 N
Average yield: 400g
Mold?:1
Potentcy:7-8
Year of grow:2008
picture was taken sep 5

grow again:yes i do! :D,super strain for outdoor ,hardy&crystal very potent icecream crop..more indy genes taste like icecream,sativa genes not

Last edited:

supersonic

Strain/Breeder: Maroc, Female Seeds
Harvest time: sep 10th '08, after full 9 weeks of bloom... sep 7th '07 after 7.5 weeks of bloom
Latitude of grow: 46 N
Average yield: very low yield, big -
Mold?: no, used GC, but without it always molds
Potency: 8

Plants grow up to 150cm or lower, skiny plants, on some no branching at all on other very little branching. another big - for that. very low yield. They were fed with biocanna and guano, but i think they're not big feeders, never signs of any defiencies. great resin coverage and smell. smell is mix of fruit and oriental spices, very complex and so is taste. Plants taken earlier don't develop such a good taste and smell.

Potency after 9 weeks of bloom: (+8) Strong allround buz. 60/40 head/body. very enyojable and longlasting...

Potency after 7.5 weeks of bloom: (6.5) 80/20 head body. not so complex high. and short lasting.

G

Hey SS, Im gonna have to try the moroc

Strain/Breeder: Mandala 1 fems/ Mandala Seeds
Harvest time: Sept.27- sativa ph. Oct 5, indica pheno
Average yield: 8oz sat/ 4 oz indica
Mold?: no
Potentcy: 8
Year of grow: 08
Outdoor rating 6

This is the tale of 2 pheno's.

The sativa pheno is a good plant, good growth, decent yield, quick finish, potent, good pest/ wind/ disease resistance, and above average potency. The plant has a minty/sour smell that's quite pleasant. Good plant. This pheno represents 1-3/ 1-4 plants.

The indica pheno is the predominant pheno and is a terrible example of an outdoor plant. The plant was terribly heat sensitive and moisture sensitive. We had a dry summer and I watered all my plants 2 gallons/5 days. Everytime I came to indica pheno of M1, it was wilted. If it got above 90, it was wilted.

I won't grow this strain again. I would recommend that anyone wishing to grow the plant outdoors to find the sativa pheno and clone it out. Discard the indica pheno

Last edited:
G

Strain/Breeder: Cream Caramel/ sweetseeds fems
Harvest time: Sept 29
Average yield: good, big buds
Mold?: A little, big buds
Potentcy:very grood 9

I had 3 of these femmed seeds, all 3 germed and grew well. I like the plant and its easy to grow and clone. No seeds in either the main 3 or any of the clones so far.
The plant is vigorous and healthy. I grew the 3 original seeds in buckets and cut clones from those and planted outdoors.

Here are a few of the clones.

This is a very good outdoor plant. It has a good taste and above average potency. You can buy 3 of the seeds and clone away without fear of instability. It has good vigor and a very good yeild. Good breeding in my opinion and a good outdoor plant. Medium size, to 8' untopped

G

Strain/Breeder: Texada Timewarp/ Peak seeds
Harvest time: Oct. 6
Latitude of grow:38
Average yield: 7 oz
Mold?: not a spec
Potentcy:8.75
Outdoor rating: 9+ very good OD strian

Good outdoor strain if you can make it to the first week of Oct. I'll be growing it again now that I know its habits..

Darker green with medium growth. I topped the plant so I don't know its true natural shape. It has a good yield, pungent and sticky. This strain gained my respect over the course of the season. I threw out 4 seeds almost as an after thought as I was focusing on other stuff and with little care, she performed very well. Not the fastest most vigorous grower, just steady and strong. Not fussy, can use a lot of ferts or very few, full sun or less than full sun, it still trudges on. Not even the whitefly epidemic that plaqued my area effected it much. Potency was above average with a very balanced high. Not sativaish, but not indica either. Nice.

We had a severe drought for the second year in a row, and TT without a doubt had the best drought resistance of any of the 9 strains I grew, hands down. It got droopy a time or two as obvious in the pic below, but its growth and development was not impacted any at all, which is often the case with drought plaqued plants of all kind, including cannabis.

About 10 days before chop, last week of Sept. The enviroment in the lower pic is burnt up as the last rain drops fell in early june. The TT while battered, did well.

G

Strain/Breeder: Congolese X Guerilla Gold/ BreederBrad2
Harvest time: Sept 27
Average yield: 3.5 oz, decent yielder
Mold?: none
Potentcy: 8+, above average
Grow again: Yes, extreeeme stickiness.

My wife wanted a sativa so I grew 4 sativa leaning test strains to see what she liked. Congo X GG, Mandala 1, GH lemon skunk and Texada Timewarp from peak. The Congolose was the superior plant of the group in a number of ways.

-Most importantly, it was cosniderably more potent than the others. Did i mention it is very sticky weed? Flytrap quality.
- it was the most vigorous and hardy by far
- it was the first to finish of the group
- very high mould resistance, the highest in the group
- The plant expressed real drought and pest resistance. It never wilted even though we had an extreme drought. It was like a biblical plague hear for whiteflies this year and even though the plant was covered, it trudged on untreated. No powdery mildew.

This is a very good outdoor strain and properly grown would be an impressive plant in my view. I did'nt get planted until june, in the middle of a scorching drought and got a decent plant by any measue. With a little attention and care, i believe this woulld be one wicked looking girl come late september.

An easy outdoor grow, a tough plant that has good potency. Would be a good choice for new growers or those that cant provide regular care.

This pic was taken about 10 days before chop. The limbs almost fill completely with bud.

Last edited:
G

Strain/Breeder: Himalayan Gold fems/ Greenhouse seeds
Harvest time: Oct 1.
Average yield: BIG
Mold?: No. It will at the end with too much moisture.
Potentcy: Very good. above aberage 8.75
Grow Again: Yes

I like this smoke due to its above average potency. The smoothness of the smoke is exceptional. No hacking here. The plant's sexualty was very stable. I cloned it and cloned it and set them indoors and out - no male flowers anywhere, ever.

There are 2 pheno's. Both are big plants and big yielders.

The first is a christmas tree shape. This plant is difficult to grow due to the size of the buds. The stems have no hope of supporting the huge cola's and MUST be supported. This is the least attractive pheno in my view. Potency is equal to the other pheno, as is yield. This pheno started into flower on July 28th and was finished by the end of September

The buds on this plant are big and thick. I found no mould but you can see that it's possible.

The other pheno is a vase shaped plant that is much easier to deal with. Its stems are stronger and more able to handle the weight at maturity, but still needs to be supported. This pheno has a purple trunk and branches and the foilage takes on some purpling in the end. This pheno is a week or so later than the christmas tree pheno and was truly done by the first week of Oct. A good plant.

Like many big plants, she can be difficult. Next year, I will plant my plants inside of a 48" tomato cage with a piece of rebar driven in it. I will top the plants so that the branches grow through the webs of the cage. This will keep the plant shorter and provide and apparatus to support it. Grown properly, this plant could produce 3 lbs. Good smoke.

Last edited:
G

Strain/Breeder: Lemon Skunk fems/ Greenhouse seeds
Harvest time: Oct. 22
Average yield: Medium, 4 oz
Mold?: No, decent resistance
Potentcy:8 decent/ balanced high- nice
Grow again: No

For the $30 these cost, it was a hell of a value as I harvested nearly 2lbs from the 10 pack of seeds. Having said that......

There are 2 pheno's with this strain but they are difficult to detect in early growth because they look quite similar. Their slight differences appear during flower.

From my perspective, this strain has been grown and bred indoors for many generations and because of that, it doesn't make a good outdoor strain. Its vigor is lacking and the stem is weak for the wild outdoors and one of the pheno's appears to be acclimated to 12/12 and won't finish outside. This pheno is not the predominant pheno, but represents approx. 1/4 of the plants. As stated, both phenos appear similar, but once flowering sets in, its clear the pheno that won't finish has thinner leaves but the differences are subtle. This plant didn't begin to show flowers until late sept.

The plant grows in a christmas tree shape to about 6-7' with a medium yield.

Grown in a pot out back or indoors, this strain would be a cheap, decent grow but it aint for the outdoors in my view. Too many generations indoors.

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
Strain/Breeder: AK99XFL/Jay Sprout (shout out to BB2 who told me about it)
Harvest time: Sept 15th- Oct1st
Latitude of grow: 42
Average yield: Medium, up to 4 oz
Mold?: decent resistance
Potentcy:7.5-8 decent/ balanced high- nice
Grow again: Yes more next year

This is one of the Canadian strains from over at ULDG. It has nice dense buds and impressive smell and bag appeal. It has 2 phenos one is done Sept 15th and is fruity taste but less potent and the second which was my fav finished last week of September. Nice dense buds and good potency with a hint of lemon after taste.
PEACE

hamstring

Veteran
Strain/Breeder: GG mix/Greens
Harvest time: Sept1st – Sept 15th
Latitude of grow: 42
Average yield: Small, up to 2 oz
Mold?: poor to fair
Potentcy:6-8 (wide range because it was a mix pack)
Grow again: Not the mix pack but some GGs for sure.

This is one of the Canadian strains from over at ULDG. I had two basic strains the first has a huge main cola and almost no side branching-GG2. The second which was a winner for sure had more of a classic Christmas tree shape and finished on Sept 15th was dense all they way to the pop corn and had a QP of very quality bud. I think it may have been GG3 but not sure.
PEACE
GG unkown as of yet

GG2

GG2

Last edited:

gunnaknow

I was interested in GG but I'm having second thoughts now that I read such a low mold rating. How wet or humid was your location, hamstring? Thanks.

zielonylasss

guerilla grower
Veteran
Strain/Breeder: Night Hail Ultra/Darwin Seeds
Harvest time: Oct. 15
Latitude of grow: 51N
Average yield: nice about 50-80g a plant
Mold?: just a little
Potentcy: 8 strong indica high
Year of grow: 2008
Grow again: Yes!

I planted them in the forest spot in first days of May. After few months when thay gain about 2,5 m high they started to flower. After about one month of flowering started to show their reall beauty :D I had 3 girls. 2 plants were green pheno and one almost black. All of them I choped in middle of October. Green were ready and black almost done.
Smoke after little curing is mild but very dense... very hashy... specially green pheno. It is nice indica plant. Her flowers can chill and make your thinking more philosophy hehe.
I very like her... Soo sory didn’t make any seeds with that genes...

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
gunnaknow said:
I was interested in GG but I'm having second thoughts now that I read such a low mold rating. How wet or humid was your location, hamstring? Thanks.

Don’t want to clog up BC's thread he would frown on this but the GG2 was grown at 42 deg north and we had very humid conditions this year. The GG?? was grown same exact place with very little mold. The GG2 is a very dense single cola bud that because of structure is a little more prone to mold.

Many others would disagree but I have much more problems with the early finishers because it is more humid and warm at end of august than say Oct 7th. I find the cooler weather (mid 40s deg F) doesn’t promote mold as much.

Great bud though give Greens a PM and he can help you pick a strain that works for you.