What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best use for large amount of everclear tincture

StrandedinTX

I have 10 mLs of tincture made by a friend for her husband who has now died of cancer. I bought the remainder ($600) which is in this very thick oil. I don't want to make butter. I want it to be in an edible like fudge or chocolate, but I want to introduce it as is to the edible, so that I can make it very strong and use regular butter. Is it possible just to stir in the THC oil as the fudge or chocolate cools down? If so at what temp would it be safe to add the tincture.
I realize I have a fairly large amount and need to dose carefully. If this will work, should I store the fudge in the freezer and how long will it last in that state?
Thanks for all advice in advance. :thank you:

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Follow your recipe and simply infuse the oil in your butter over a dble boiler, until your butter and oil are homogeneous. Don't pedal to the metal with your dble boiler. It simply needs to be hot enough to melt the butter.

Bobby Boucher

Weigh the dab. Weigh out at least an equal amount of coconut oil.

Heat the coconut oil up to 150, and stir in the dab. This will increase the volume and reduce the viscosity. If I'm doing this for storage, I'll weigh, mix, and melt out of the vial which I'm storing in.

Always slowly mix your recipe into your dab, never the other way around. Tiny viscous globs of dab don't mix well into anything, but you can slowly stir just about anything into a melted coconut/dab oil.

I heat up my dab/coconut oil in a stand mixer over an incandescent lightbulb, and then throw in my soy lecithin and mix that in hot too.

Liquids always first.

Mix well, or expect "hot shots" in some of the servings.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
And....... don't forget the lecithin. It will help homogenize the oil/butter and alcohol.

:)

Bobby Boucher

I've noticed with soy lecithin, the more the merrier. I wouldn't go over 2% soy lecithin by volume if you are doing pure milk chocolate, but dark chocolate can take 3-4%, while fudge could handle to 4-5%, if not more.

Also, google "chocolate tempering" if you wanna go the milk chocolate route. Or just buy "compound chocolate" if that sounds like too big a headache.

Untempered chocolate isn't stable at room temperature.

I've been meaning to re-write my chocolate instructional.. I kind of half assed it being a stoney bologna.

Rico Swazi

some grain alcohol tinctures are just plain nasty when put into edibles
put a drop on something you like and see how it tastes in combination with other flavors like chocolate, peanut butter and ?

saves you from tossing a whole batch if it doesn't work

no need to freeze your edibles either

StrandedinTX

Hey thanks for these replies!! I had some really bad tasting canna butter one time put me off of that for good, but I use coconut oil in cooking cause its almost tasteless so seems like a great idea to dilute it with that. I am concerned about taste which is why I want small chunks to choke down instead of whole recipes like brownies. And good advice to try out with a small amount first before I commit. Waiting on GS Extreme to flower and have to do something with this meanwhile. I guess, redlaser, you mean I could sleep for a few days if I don't dose well lol. I'll watch it and even have a check in set up from a friend. I know what one rice grain of this does, just hard to translate into the large batch.
Great advice thanks to all. Off to the kitchen
Happy Grow Year !!!

redlaser

Veteran
Hey thanks for these replies!! I had some really bad tasting canna butter one time put me off of that for good, but I use coconut oil in cooking cause its almost tasteless so seems like a great idea to dilute it with that. I am concerned about taste which is why I want small chunks to choke down instead of whole recipes like brownies. And good advice to try out with a small amount first before I commit. Waiting on GS Extreme to flower and have to do something with this meanwhile. I guess, redlaser, you mean I could sleep for a few days if I don't dose well lol. I'll watch it and even have a check in set up from a friend. I know what one rice grain of this does, just hard to translate into the large batch.
Happy Grow Year !!!

Bobby has good advice on introducing the tincture to the coconut oil, using lecithin. I would look at Arthritis Sucks gummy bear recipe, works well and is also good for standardizing/calculating doses. Plus it’s real small if you don’t wanna eat a brownie or cookie sized edible.

The calendar comment was related to the boofing option previously suggested.

Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh kept a calendar from his college days and on one of those days he scheduled a boofing.

Not something I see everyday and is a source of amusement.

Bobby Boucher

I should have punctuated that last statement as a question. I am no authority.

Somebody who obsessively compulsively premeditates the how’s, to’s and wherefor’s of their .. foreign object insertions.

It’s a tough one to classify.

• Haha
Reactions: ost

redlaser

Veteran
What kind of person writes that kind of shit in their day planner?

..An obsessive compulsive polyembolokoilamaniac.

I guess a person who would write that, and later present it in a confirmation hearing, while trying to convince adults it had nothing to do with a rear exit input.

The criteria for the day selection has to be good for a laugh as well, doubt that was a solo effort with the fraternity frame of mind

Rico Swazi

Happy Grow Year !!!

Good that you know what a rice grain size can do. A milligram scale would be optimal to use for titration but lots of people get by on a visual amount with oil, myself included.

Easy to scale up for larger batch
if one rice grain is enough for say two 2 inch brownies, and the pan makes 24 ....
12 'grains' should get you in the ball park

depending on how non gmo you want to be, sunflower lecithin is a good alternative to soy lecithin and in my opinion, works as well with less.

start low and slow working up to the desired effects
good luck

Latest posts

Latest posts