Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Concentrates > Mk IVC Cotton Candy extraction video

Thread Title Search
Mk IVC Cotton Candy extraction video Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2016, 09:33 PM #1
Gray Wolf
A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.

Gray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Mk IVC Cotton Candy extraction video

Hee, hee, hee, snicker, snark, snort..................!

Check out this youtube from Medzin/Young Fashion Extract, showing a pot-o-cotton candy from Mk IVC Terpenator SN00013, aka Medizin Maker.

Typically in the high 80's, low 90's in THCa and rife with monoterpenes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTrjPButrVc

Believing is seeing and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass!

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.

https://graywolfslair.com/
Gray Wolf is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:47 PM #2
Gtir

Gtir will become famous soon enoughGtir will become famous soon enough
How do you get a muffin like that! And how does it turn to powder! What's the solvent blend?
Gtir is offline Quote

Old 09-26-2016, 09:56 PM #3
Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtir View Post
How do you get a muffin like that! And how does it turn to powder! What's the solvent blend?

You get a Cotton Candy "muffin" like that, by switching to the high vacuum pump, at exactly the right moment, determined by watching what is going on through the collection pot lid sight glass. Nominally when the liquid butane puddle is gone, but random bubbles still occur.

Typically with the collection pot bath around 70F or below.

Under continued high vacuum, the inflated foam drys into a stiff shatter foam, similar to poly urethane foam.

Placing the pot of dry foam in a 0F freezer before whisking it into dust, makes it even more brittle.

Medizin's solvent blend is proprietary, but we get similar results using from 100% n-Butane to around 50/50%. I predict they are somewhere in that range.

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:05 AM #4
live resin

live resin will become famous soon enoughlive resin will become famous soon enoughlive resin will become famous soon enough
You can also get a styrofoam muffin using 90/5/5 prop/but/isobut with a tr-21 and bath at 66-70F. The muffin needs no further purging after recovery, just chop it into dust and press into a slab. Color is off white to light yellow and good terp retention
live resin is offline Quote

Old 09-27-2016, 12:16 AM #5
KONY

KONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud of
This video seems way more like an advertisement than anything else. Didnt think this was your style GW.
KONY is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:16 AM #6
Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by KONY View Post
This video seems way more like an advertisement than anything else. Didnt think this was your style GW.
Clearly it is an advertisement, but it shows extracting cotton candy, and finishing it, as opposed to the more common pour off.

I have absolutely no financial interest in either of the companies involved. I was trying to take advantage of their youtube snippet, to give commercial cotton candy extraction more exposure.

As the accidental inventor of cotton candy, who's seen the notable reduction on post extraction purging, and knows how much safer it is than pouring, I push it every chance I get.

Consider my point to be that here is a solid in your face example, of premier concentrates being produced with no pour off.

I did indeed design that piece of equipment shown, and even helped with the assembly and installation, before again retiring.

I say again, because I retired in 2005 at age 62 from professional life, and again 09-09-2016 at age 73 from any equipment manufacturing associations stemming from my medical cannabis hobby.

My tax record readily attest that my decade plus with medical cannabis as my hobby, was expensive and without fail a black money hole.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:32 AM #7
SkyHighLer
Got me a stone bad Mana

SkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to behold
Nice, very professional presentation, much love GW.
3. Click on the 'reload this page' icon, or hit the return key.

Best to Worst Canned Butane List
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...6&postcount=28

Cannabis Alchemy by D. Gold
https://calgarycmmc.com/E-books/E%20B...0D.%20Gold.pdf

Hash oil techniques and solvents for non BHO hash oil?
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=338633

Solvents listed as to polarity
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...&postcount=162

The Truth Machine by James L. Halperin (free read provided by the author)
https://coins.ha.com/information/ttm.s
SkyHighLer is offline Quote

Old 09-27-2016, 03:07 AM #8
Digital Man

Digital Man has a spectacular aura aboutDigital Man has a spectacular aura aboutDigital Man has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
Clearly it is an advertisement, but it shows extracting cotton candy, and finishing it, as opposed to the more common pour off.

I have absolutely no financial interest in either of the companies involved. I was trying to take advantage of their youtube snippet, to give commercial cotton candy extraction more exposure.

As the accidental inventor of cotton candy, who's seen the notable reduction on post extraction purging, and knows how much safer it is than pouring, I push it every chance I get.

Consider my point to be that here is a solid in your face example, of premier concentrates being produced with no pour off.

I did indeed design that piece of equipment shown, and even helped with the assembly and installation, before again retiring.

I say again, because I retired in 2005 at age 62 from professional life, and again 09-09-2016 at age 73 from any equipment manufacturing associations stemming from my medical cannabis hobby.

My tax record readily attest that my decade plus with medical cannabis as my hobby, was expensive and without fail a black money hole.
You need to apologize to nobody ............. everyone else appreciates it.
Digital Man is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:48 PM #9
Gtir

I think the key benefit to this cotton candy(apart from safety) is that when you pull a large muffin at low temps you get more surface area for longer to release solvent And end up w a more stable product
Gtir is offline Quote

Old 09-27-2016, 01:21 PM #10
Gtir

How long do you vaccum for before freezing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
You get a Cotton Candy "muffin" like that, by switching to the high vacuum pump, at exactly the right moment, determined by watching what is going on through the collection pot lid sight glass. Nominally when the liquid butane puddle is gone, but random bubbles still occur.

Typically with the collection pot bath around 70F or below.

Under continued high vacuum, the inflated foam drys into a stiff shatter foam, similar to poly urethane foam.

Placing the pot of dry foam in a 0F freezer before whisking it into dust, makes it even more brittle.

Medizin's solvent blend is proprietary, but we get similar results using from 100% n-Butane to around 50/50%. I predict they are somewhere in that range.
Gtir is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.