Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Concentrates > To grind, or not to grind... For BHO

Thread Title Search
To grind, or not to grind... For BHO Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2012, 11:08 PM #1
Greyskull
Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason

Greyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant future
To grind, or not to grind... For BHO

Hi folks.
This thread is about making bho.
I dont care about qwiso and bubblehash can go fuck itself. Im a big boy. I practice saftey first. And i want the best most potent product. So please dont try to tell me bho is dangerous or qwiso is just as good or any crap about bubble... Been there done that - no thanks.

Just wanted to be clear about that. Now that thats out of the way...

I have an Extraction Experts Stainless steel double barrel apparatus due to arrive anyday now.
Ive got my pyrex, my hot plate, and 6z of nicely grown organic maui outdoor woohoo buds (not trim) to work with.

Im hoping to get 30-60g of oil to work with for use as a topical treatment vs skin cancer via the holy annoitting oil recipe lifted from the book of exodus in the bible...

Ive helped make bho before im very familiar with the steps involving delivering the butane, the purge, the scrape... The thing that confuses me is whether or not to grind the buds, chop the buds, or load the buds whole. Previously we've ground the buds into a fine powder and things came out great. But ive read multiple times and seen in youtube vids that some folks prefer to chop the buds...

My question/s is/are what are the pros and cons of grinding vs chopping vs complete buds?

How can i best prepare buds to deliver maximum oil from the extraction process?

Thanks for taking the time to help me.

We are going to be documenting the whole process of the oil treatment... From making the hash oil to mixing in the other oils (coconut, cinnamin) creating the HAO concoction, application of the HAO, as well as daily pictures of the diagnosed's cancer. Hopefully we can beat it. And beat big pharma, too, those motherfuckers...
Greyskull is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:17 AM #2
Gray Wolf
A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.

Gray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Hi folks.
I dont care about qwiso and bubblehash can go fuck itself. Im a big boy. I practice saftey first. And i want the best most potent product. So please dont try to tell me bho is dangerous or qwiso is just as good or any crap about bubble... Been there done that - no thanks.

I have an Extraction Experts Stainless steel double barrel apparatus due to arrive anyday now.
Ive got my pyrex, my hot plate, and 6z of nicely grown organic maui outdoor woohoo buds (not trim) to work with.

Im hoping to get 30-60g of oil to work with for use as a topical treatment vs skin cancer via the holy annoitting oil recipe lifted from the book of exodus in the bible...

Ive helped make bho before im very familiar with the steps involving delivering the butane, the purge, the scrape... The thing that confuses me is whether or not to grind the buds, chop the buds, or load the buds whole. Previously we've ground the buds into a fine powder and things came out great. But ive read multiple times and seen in youtube vids that some folks prefer to chop the buds...

My question/s is/are what are the pros and cons of grinding vs chopping vs complete buds?

We are going to be documenting the whole process of the oil treatment... From making the hash oil to mixing in the other oils (coconut, cinnamin) creating the HAO concoction, application of the HAO, as well as daily pictures of the diagnosed's cancer. Hopefully we can beat it. And beat big pharma, too, those motherfuckers...
I would use this technique.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=180265

Believing is seeing and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass!

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.

https://graywolfslair.com/
Gray Wolf is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:21 AM #3
krunchbubble
Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad At, Just Be Patient....

krunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivor
Quote:
Hi folks.

HAHA!! LOVE IT!!!!!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330640

1280 Watt Starlite LED Grow - Finished

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=325694
krunchbubble is offline Quote

Old 02-09-2012, 05:56 AM #4
m4n

m4n has a spectacular aura aboutm4n has a spectacular aura aboutm4n has a spectacular aura aboutm4n has a spectacular aura about
Good shit...I jus broke down my buds with sicorros...I was eyeing the extraction experts 200 gram tube on ebay for 60 but was laggin...gunna make my own. I have a brown safeway bag bout 3/4 filled with outdoor popcorn bud that's jus been sittin there in the closet,Im hoping for atleast a QP of whipped budder...

Old 02-10-2012, 01:23 AM #5
eloquentsoution

eloquentsoution is a jewel in the rougheloquentsoution is a jewel in the rougheloquentsoution is a jewel in the rougheloquentsoution is a jewel in the rougheloquentsoution is a jewel in the rougheloquentsoution is a jewel in the rough
i seive my material to eliminate fines.
eloquentsoution is offline Quote

Old 02-11-2012, 06:44 PM #6
KonradZuse

KonradZuse will become famous soon enoughKonradZuse will become famous soon enough
Dude BHO blows, QWISO FTW!!!......

In all seriousness,

I do 2 runs usually. 1 whole/broken up a bit, and the 2nd one is ground. IMO if it's ground up you could get extra particulates falling through, but I haven't really noticed much, but sometimes....

Since you're a big boy you can ground up all your stuff(get more room in your toob) and then blast more at a time(since you said you have like 6 oz?)

Old 02-11-2012, 10:05 PM #7
SpinLover1

SpinLover1 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloquentsoution View Post
i seive my material to eliminate fines.
Thats the method that I'm going to use. Seems like prepping the material and getting rid of as much contaminants, before the extraction, will get you the cleanest product.

I have a couple of questions: 1. how do you make sure that the chemical you use for extraction, fully contacts your material? I'm worried about caking, like how you can have dry clumps of powder, in a hot chocolate mix. 2. whats the end product look like, taste like, and react like? Is there a difference?
SpinLover1 is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2012, 10:47 AM #8
DIDM
Malaika

DIDM is a splendid one to beholdDIDM is a splendid one to beholdDIDM is a splendid one to beholdDIDM is a splendid one to beholdDIDM is a splendid one to beholdDIDM is a splendid one to beholdDIDM is a splendid one to beholdDIDM is a splendid one to beholdDIDM is a splendid one to beholdDIDM is a splendid one to beholdDIDM is a splendid one to behold
do you prefer blond oil, or do you really like that black oil?

those that prefer quality extract fresh
DIDM is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:28 PM #9
Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Depends on the end product goal. If you are making a topical for skin cancer, there is little advantage to not grinding, and grinding is more efficient, as it exposes more surface area of the material to the solvent.

Usually you don't grind when you are trying to preserve terpene flavors for vaporizing.

We don't ever grind, as we force it through a sieve instead, to minimize fines, that require subsequent filtration.

Quote:
Hi folks.

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:32 PM #10
Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIDM View Post
do you prefer blond oil, or do you really like that black oil?

those that prefer quality extract fresh
That most certainly provides the freshest flavor, but for those who crave the hash flavor instead, cured material with a non polar solvent is the easiest process.