Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > DJ Short and Legends Seeds > DJ Shorts B130 Male Q?

Thread Title Search
DJ Shorts B130 Male Q? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-12-2009, 05:49 PM #11
Mr. Alkaline
Your Changable Self is Constantly Becoming a Reflection of your Most Dominant Thoughts

Mr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to behold
Post Here's a Meadow on Mt. Generoso(Generous), that I mentioned a couple days later...

(A meadow on Mt. Generoso @ 45deg N latitude, 1700m HiGH...in Switzerland...)
Quote:
I had a dream on a mountain recently.
-The dream led me to a mental picture of a verdant mountain like the one below.
45N Latitude, 1700m above sea level.
-precisely the latitude where HOG and Florals revert back to becoming a tall creature.
-also, an altitude that is most closely relating to Famous-yet-subtle, Sativa lineage of Spirit Full/Spiritual Oaxacan Cannabis.
Okay...I'm leaving now....luv to everyone....puf...fff..

______________________________ ______________________________ _________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Favorite Quotes]:
"Most, if not all, hybrid plants, if regrown, will not be the same as the original hybrid plant, thus ensuring the dependency on seed distributors for future crops."
"...If you're not finding good plant lines, from today's available lines, you're not growing the right seed."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkAhQBbK-oM
Mr. Alkaline is offline Quote

Old 07-12-2009, 06:51 PM #12
habeeb
follow your heart

habeeb has disabled reputation
am I right to say, Chimera has 130 in clone form ?
habeeb is offline Quote

Old 07-12-2009, 06:54 PM #13
KindHypnos
Herb'n Shaman

KindHypnos will become famous soon enoughKindHypnos will become famous soon enoughKindHypnos will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by habeeb View Post
am I right to say, Chimera has 130 in clone form ?
Anything is possible....

We know s1's are in existence

Old 07-12-2009, 07:58 PM #14
BlissDesu

BlissDesu will become famous soon enoughBlissDesu will become famous soon enough
does this help?

Chimera, are your DJ joint projects from the deceased blueberry male or an s1 of it?
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php...53&postcount=4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
The pollen inputs from DJ were selected by me from a set of plants DJ chose from the selection run that pre-dated the TBB, F13, GK, etc releases. These inputs came as cuttings, not pollen.

The male known as B130 was but one of the plants who contributed pollen for the Chimera/DJ Short joint projects.

I did make an S1 generation from B130. None of the plant from this generation have been used for any seed release.

I hope that clarifies,
-Chimera
BlissDesu is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:35 PM #15
GreenintheThumb
fuck the ticket, bought the ride

GreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by kopite View Post
what is it with you and telling people they're wrong? I know most people have a chip on their shoulder but you sound like you're carrying the whole field!,
I was simply trying to correct Alkaline. Wasn't trying to be a prick about it...

Quote:
anyway why is Alkaline wrong ? the only point I can see is about switzerland and mexico... which is moot as the grow was carried out indoors was it not ?
Did you even read my posts? He was confusing the B130 with a different selected male.

Quote:
and whilst it was 400 plants the male was chosen from 60 males... I do not know how high up the mountain they were but as DJ states the enviroment and light cycle didn't effect the selection
They poped 400 seeds, therefore I say the male was selected from 400. I'm aware they narrowed it down to 60 at first but the selection came from 400. Also this was an inside grow op in canada, has nothing to do with the swiss or an outdoor environment.

Quote:
would seem odd though that all the plants died at same time don't ya think....... since Chim has stated he got his as clone not pollen.

Kopite
All the plants didn't die at the same time. They selected a Flo male for later work and the blueberry male that was used as the pollen donor in all Dj's releases (TB, GK, OTM, F-13, all those lines). All the other males were ditched because they made their selection and they only required the B130 to maintain those lines. Then the gardens that had kept that male as clones lost them. The B130 is dead and no one on earth has a clone of it. That includes Chimera, he doesn't have it anymore either. He did make s1s of it tho...

Alkaline interesting ideas about the similarities between Swiss and Mexico
GreenintheThumb is offline Quote

Old 07-12-2009, 11:27 PM #16
kopite

Quote:
I was simply trying to correct Alkaline. Wasn't trying to be a prick about it...
well you came off like one

Quote:
Did you even read my posts? He was confusing the B130 with a different selected male.

thats where I think we are both wrong Chimera states

Quote:
The pollen inputs from DJ were selected by me from a set of plants DJ chose from the selection run that pre-dated the TBB, F13, GK, etc releases. These inputs came as cuttings, not pollen.
therefore before the run of 400 plants done as you say correctly in Canada, I was under the impression that since it was called B130 and mothers such as B133 (OTM) etc were from the same seed run, also didn't steve use the male for his releases ? Edit:it apears not, at least not the latest releases

Quote:
They poped 400 seeds, therefore I say the male was selected from 400. I'm aware they narrowed it down to 60 at first but the selection came from 400. Also this was an inside grow op in canada, has nothing to do with the swiss or an outdoor environment.
thats the point I was trying to make, indoors hence i quoted "The Process".

Quote:
Canada, The True North Strong and Free

With glimmers of hope on the horizon, Canada is fast becoming the Cannabis Breeding capital of the world. With the much-appreciated activism of entrepreneurs such as Marc Emery (et. al.), a new haven for a seriously dedicated cannabis community is developing. One such entrepreneurial dedicate is Red of Legends Seeds. I met Red in Switzerland where he was very busy and involved working for the happening community there. Red is a high-flying, free spirit with a savvy sense of taste.

Red was able to orchestrate the necessary requirements to produce a very large selection process. This grow consisted of about 400 plants (over 200 Blueberry phenos and over 100 Flo). Out of these there ended up being over 160 Blueberry and over 70 Flo females and about 60 males that made the initial cut. Copies of each of these were cloned and meticulously maintained by the crew. This actually turned out to be a slight overkill, but a testimony to the absolute dedication of the crew.

The Crew

Mighty-G is a green-thumbed master gardener whose success with cannabis is phenomenal. Mr. G was able to provide and maintain a near-perfect growing environment for a lengthy period of time as the plants were kept in an extended vegetive state to insure 100% clone success. The plants were absolutely beautiful. Kermit was in charge of clone reproduction and maintenance. Kermit has been a respected part of the local cannabis community for many years. Chimera appeared online a few years ago and has proven himself to be an intelligent and dedicated soul, along with being a focused horticulturist with excellent credentials in the field of genetics. I first learned of Chimera online where he posted to a few message boards that I occasionally lurk and I appreciated the information he shared. The Cannabis Cowboy also added his expertise, especially considering the collection, purification and pressing of the dry-sieved resin.
So that implies the 400 plant grow was done in Canada and I have always assumed the B130 came from within that grow but it appears otherwise...

Kopite

Old 07-13-2009, 07:07 AM #17
GreenintheThumb

GreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
therefore before the run of 400 plants done as you say correctly in Canada, I was under the impression that since it was called B130 and mothers such as B133 (OTM) etc were from the same seed run, also didn't steve use the male for his releases ? Edit:it apears not, at least not the latest releases
Why do you think it was before? The selection run that predates the TB GK F13 releases is the 400 plant run I speak of. The B130 was from the same selection. Yes Steve used the male for his releases...and the newest releases from SOL such as Glo use the flo male i spoke of earlier.

Quote:
So that implies the 400 plant grow was done in Canada and I have always assumed the B130 came from within that grow but it appears otherwise...
Kopite
Still don't understand why you think it came from elsewhere...i've tried to clear this all up. It's been public info since before OG crashed...And if you were insinuating that I'm Mighty-G let me clear that up right away and so no i'm not...

Old 07-13-2009, 11:16 AM #18
kopite

Quote:
Why do you think it was before? The selection run that predates the TB GK F13 releases is the 400 plant run I speak of.
Quote:
Still don't understand why you think it came from elsewhere...i've tried to clear this all up. It's been public info since before OG crashed...
I wasn't around for the OG days, the only reasons i think it now came before the releases is the use of the word pre-dated, maybe its my use of English which is poor, the B130 is an F4 isn't it? and all the mothers found in the 400 plant grow were F4's also.. the releases were TBB, Flodica, F-13,GK, and OTM..

Quote:
DJ chose from the selection run that pre-dated the TBB, F13, GK, etc releases. These inputs came as cuttings, not pollen
its just that wording above that confuses me as I believe they were from the same run but that last night threw a spanner in my head....
Quote:
And if you were insinuating that I'm Mighty-G let me clear that up right away and so no i'm not...
Ok no probs...

Quote:
Yes Steve used the male for his releases...and the newest releases from SOL such as Glo use the flo male i spoke of earlier.
I thought that Steve had used the male for seed runs and then had selected most of the males used for release such as the blue sate 2 dad etc...(but that was from a SWT BC2 seedlot) also with regards to the Flo male, i know it was used to create Glo (Grapefruit clone x Flo) and I've seen Chim did a MF2 with Flo as Dad, other than that I don't recall its use anywhere else, the CK and VL had pollen input from the original stretch indica (BB), in your belief do you think future release will use the Flo dad?

Kopite

Last edited by kopite; 07-13-2009 at 05:23 PM.. Reason: wording, seplling etc

Old 07-14-2009, 01:52 AM #19
GreenintheThumb

Okay, think we got it all cleared up now.

Yep I think they were all f4's.

I meant steve used the B130 for his Sweettooth 1.1 (the one chimera now sells as gfxbb) and Sweet Blue (the one chimera now sells as sweetest sativa). I seem to recall that steve wouldn't pay Chimera for those runs so Chimera just started selling it under his seedbank. I don't think Steve has had much to do with herb for a few years now.

The Flo dad was also used by RED for the Toejam release. I believe RED also used it for the Mountain Mix. I don't think the flo dad will be used in the future...think it's dead too...not 100% on that but i'm pretty sure.

You said the CK and VL had pollen from the original stretch indica BB do you mean Dj used the dad of the Delta 9 collection? Maybe Dj will keep releasing TB GK F13 and the others and just use the old delta 9 dad as the pollen source? Does anyone know if the selected mothers that predated the TB GK F13 releases were lost with the b130 male?

Old 07-14-2009, 01:54 AM #20
Mr. Alkaline
Your Changable Self is Constantly Becoming a Reflection of your Most Dominant Thoughts

Mr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to behold
I know that we, who are in this thread...have never been ready to work/charge up some good pages for 'it'.
...The 130 stud has been shouded in mystery from day 1....sorry for this next analogy...but, IT is like trying to find out 'where' Obama originated from!

The male we speak of is the most confidential matter ever, imho.

I picked Red's brain with Pm's regarding 'it', right after he withdrew his long standing claim that it was trueberry lineage.

All I can state at this moment is that Red and DJ used volatile lot, FULL of strange sexed, yet ultimately sensitive to whatever 'next' enviroment a customer would introduce it into.

The male was the most sativa bb ever to date....and he was able to affect any other strains he'd hybridize-into.
Sativa-leaning aspects EVERYWHERE....including all the best new moms dj came up with, all the way upto this point.

I whole-heartedly feel that the 1st 2 sol-bbs hybrid relases, would've contained some wicked sat-lean stud, if it'd been available.

Sht...why the hell pollenate 'rosebud' with anything else???...the sat-lean stud contains a full-portion of BBS,...the most since Blue Heaven!....but b heaven was a 'chance' find kinda similar to the potential of Flodica...these strains were anomalies...iow...unplanned occurances, that were concurrent with a handful of other same-date release 'groups'. Ie, 'delta 9'..and 'TBB group' releases.

RED and DJ had all the opportunity in the world to delve into a lot of uuper elite stretch indica hopefuls...but they ended up playing risk...whereby RED has admitting to 'trying' to smoke the strangest(appearing) finished products...which he says lead to the eventual procurement of the father of f13.

I feel that we all recognize the male's significance herein, rather equally..no?
-of course...and we know that the seed was sativa leaning in the shell, and actually sativa enough to require no immediate coaxing. So the 'find' was @ the sativa threshold, yet not needing to be found in a sativa room?...
...and now we here reports of males making s1's left and right...is chimera hesitant....to share further....geez this is exponentially hush hushh...and we all feel the 'gap' between the male's history.

Thankyou for Kopite and Greeninthethumb for pumping out so much 'more' relevatant/important info over the last half dozen posts
Great thread!!!

______________________________ ______________________________ _________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Favorite Quotes]:
"Most, if not all, hybrid plants, if regrown, will not be the same as the original hybrid plant, thus ensuring the dependency on seed distributors for future crops."
"...If you're not finding good plant lines, from today's available lines, you're not growing the right seed."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkAhQBbK-oM
Mr. Alkaline is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.