Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > DJ Short and Legends Seeds > DJ Shorts B130 Male Q?

Thread Title Search
DJ Shorts B130 Male Q? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2009, 12:19 PM #1
Asiatica

Asiatica is a jewel in the roughAsiatica is a jewel in the roughAsiatica is a jewel in the roughAsiatica is a jewel in the roughAsiatica is a jewel in the roughAsiatica is a jewel in the rough
Question DJ Shorts B130 Male Q?

Hello all
Had a few quick questions about the infamous DJ Short "B130" male plant.

What is the background of it?
What is it made from?
Can anyone elighten me with some knowledge on what it is and what are some lines he depveloped from it?
Any stories or lore would be massively appreciated?

I have been hearing about other males like the legendary Shanti HAZE male so im wondering if this is similar in legend/lore or what.

I will be thankful for any information anyone can give.
Thanks in advance.

Peace and positive vibes.

Dont ever say you dont have any money to buy supplies, if you have money to buy weed.
Dont spend money on seeds for your first grow, use bagseed first.
If you can barely understand someones advice, dont take it until it is better explained...
The only way to find out, is to try...
Asiatica is offline Quote

Old 07-07-2009, 04:49 PM #2
Ulysses

Ulysses is a jewel in the roughUlysses is a jewel in the roughUlysses is a jewel in the roughUlysses is a jewel in the roughUlysses is a jewel in the roughUlysses is a jewel in the rough
A few of us are gathering data and possibly pics of this famous pimp daddy... We expect to provide a major clue in the Blue puzzle!

Rumors of his death have been greatly exaggerated...

Thanks for the interest- Stay Tuned...
Ulysses is offline Quote

Old 07-07-2009, 06:42 PM #3
MarquisBlack
St. Elsewhere

MarquisBlack is just really niceMarquisBlack is just really niceMarquisBlack is just really niceMarquisBlack is just really niceMarquisBlack is just really niceMarquisBlack is just really niceMarquisBlack is just really niceMarquisBlack is just really niceMarquisBlack is just really niceMarquisBlack is just really niceMarquisBlack is just really nice
Do keep us updated, Ulysses..

Old 07-07-2009, 06:44 PM #4
VirginHarvester

VirginHarvester is just really niceVirginHarvester is just really niceVirginHarvester is just really niceVirginHarvester is just really niceVirginHarvester is just really niceVirginHarvester is just really niceVirginHarvester is just really niceVirginHarvester is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
A few of us are gathering data and possibly pics of this famous pimp daddy... We expect to provide a major clue in the Blue puzzle!

Rumors of his death have been greatly exaggerated...

Thanks for the interest- Stay Tuned...
If the B130 were alive would DJ himself not have chimed in to say so? Afterall, it does affect what quite a few people think of the "current" versions of his legendary strains fathered by B130.
VirginHarvester is offline Quote

Old 07-11-2009, 05:04 PM #5
Mr. Alkaline
Your Changable Self is Constantly Becoming a Reflection of your Most Dominant Thoughts

Mr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to behold
Smile

What is the background of it?
It was procured as/after, the end result of a massive collaboration with Breeder Steve @ a greenhouse facility in Switzerland, at, or-around Mt. Generoso...which is a pro-speciation(species promoting)micro-environment...an environment that has proven itself over the centuries, AND-is veerrry much a key global location for Sativa rebirthing/resurrecting.
-In fact, this local is a near total match to that of mexico, particularly Chapada Diamantina....and, somewhat similar that which purportedly 'birthed' DJ Short's P1-The Highland Oaxaca Gold...the Sativa of Cerebral Comfort and brotherly love(1968-1978).

What is it made from?
Original Blueberry(very old mid-1980's 'seedlot selections')...astringent+vani lla cerebration aspects, aswell as other pre-2000 Cannabis Cup Blueberry family traits,...traits that 'only' DJ remebers and listens for.

Can anyone elighten me with some knowledge on what it is and what are some lines he depveloped from it?
Most-anythng/everything that is 'not' Original Flo, Original BB or Blue Moonshine.
The b130 is more like a re-emergence of lost/forgotten/unpopped, Purple thai traits(oil profiles, growth and experiential properties aswell).

______________________________ ______________________________ _________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Favorite Quotes]:
"Most, if not all, hybrid plants, if regrown, will not be the same as the original hybrid plant, thus ensuring the dependency on seed distributors for future crops."
"...If you're not finding good plant lines, from today's available lines, you're not growing the right seed."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkAhQBbK-oM
Mr. Alkaline is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:15 AM #6
GreenintheThumb
fuck the ticket, bought the ride

GreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of lightGreenintheThumb is a glorious beacon of light
Alkaline you're wrong...the male you're spitting so much gobbledygook about is the Blueberry male steve selected in switzerland; which really isn't a similar environment to mexico.

The b130 male is dead and despite what Ulysses thinks the rumors of its death haven't been exaggerated, it isn't going to return like Jesus.

It was the male selected from 400 individuals that contained half the genes of ALL his new releases. Yeah he selected only one male for all of his lines (true blueberry, grape kush, OTM, F-13 all those) and now it's gone. Hope he won't make that mistake again and that he doesn't move to the next generation but pops more seed from that filial generation. (anyone know what generation the vanilluna was selected from, f4?)
GreenintheThumb is offline Quote

Old 07-12-2009, 10:31 AM #7
BlissDesu

BlissDesu will become famous soon enoughBlissDesu will become famous soon enough
No worries, Jesus will return (from Oaxaca) with the housing market, which will take a little time (as will b130.3333...). Or, maybe this was just cover for an intentional kill-off: of the housing market? of Jesus? of b130?

Last edited by BlissDesu; 07-12-2009 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: minor
BlissDesu is offline Quote

Old 07-12-2009, 03:28 PM #8
kopite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenintheThumb View Post
Alkaline you're wrong...the male you're spitting so much gobbledygook about is the Blueberry male steve selected in switzerland; which really isn't a similar environment to mexico.

The b130 male is dead and despite what Ulysses thinks the rumors of its death haven't been exaggerated, it isn't going to return like Jesus.

It was the male selected from 400 individuals that contained half the genes of ALL his new releases. Yeah he selected only one male for all of his lines (true blueberry, grape kush, OTM, F-13 all those) and now it's gone. Hope he won't make that mistake again and that he doesn't move to the next generation but pops more seed from that filial generation. (anyone know what generation the vanilluna was selected from, f4?)

what is it with you and telling people they're wrong? I know most people have a chip on their shoulder but you sound like you're carrying the whole field!, anyway why is Alkaline wrong ? the only point I can see is about switzerland and mexico... which is moot as the grow was carried out indoors was it not ? and whilst it was 400 plants the male was chosen from 60 males... I do not know how high up the mountain they were but as DJ states the enviroment and light cycle didn't effect the selection

Quote:
Red was able to orchestrate the necessary requirements to produce a very large selection process. This grow consisted of about 400 plants (over 200 Blueberry phenos and over 100 Flo). Out of these there ended up being over 160 Blueberry and over 70 Flo females and about 60 males that made the initial cut. Copies of each of these were cloned and meticulously maintained by the crew. This actually turned out to be a slight overkill, but a testimony to the absolute dedication of the crew.
Quote:
The Process

The main room was divided in two with the Blueberry on the left and the Flo on the right. The plants were relatively huge considering how long they’d been in veg. Lush growth dominated as three distinct Blueberry phenotypes and two distinct Flo presented their development, along with a small number of unique anomalies. Of course, all individuals were numbered and labeled and notes were made over the course of several inspections during the flowering cycle.

During this period all of the males were isolated in a separate room and watched closely to enable the best selection from them. From this particular gene-pool, I find it relatively easy to select the best males as they tend to express their traits regardless of environment or light cycle. There were so many to choose from during this process that the difficulty became who to cull out. Most of the males were at least to some degree resinous with glandular stalked trichome, some more than others. This usually makes it easy to test certain profiles such as overall flavors.

Only after the most desirable males are selected (i.e. all the others rejected) are issues of structure and growth pattern considered. Sweet, fruity and floral expressions are most desirable, but attention is paid to other possibilities as well. Top quality candidates of indica, sativa and mutant anomaly are picked by process of elimination. Then those with the best structure; hollow stems, good color and flower density, become the final candidates.
would seem odd though that all the plants died (culled) at same time don't ya think....... since Chim has stated he got his as clone not pollen.

Kopite

Last edited by kopite; 07-12-2009 at 03:57 PM.. Reason: damn seplling

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:04 PM #9
Mr. Alkaline
Your Changable Self is Constantly Becoming a Reflection of your Most Dominant Thoughts

Mr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to behold
I was under the assumption that the seed was created in Switzerland...since the bb's and flos were arduously sifted through and used to make lots with.
...the seeds went everywhere?....then, DJ and Red took some of the beans inside a grow room.????

Sorry if I am out of bounds and causing massive confusion Greeninthethumb.
I'll leave this topic alone...no worries

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Favorite Quotes]:
"Most, if not all, hybrid plants, if regrown, will not be the same as the original hybrid plant, thus ensuring the dependency on seed distributors for future crops."
"...If you're not finding good plant lines, from today's available lines, you're not growing the right seed."

Old 07-12-2009, 05:35 PM #10
Mr. Alkaline

Wink One more thing before I leave...

Two 'things' actually.

First, I SHOULD admit that I have inserted "frog dna" into the gaps of this subforum for about 3 years now.(like in jurassic park, the movie)
-And in situations like within my last couple posts,...I am glad and...in a sense, very thankful to Greeninthethumb for calling me out for a fact-check senario. You see, I've always had a wild thought remain in the back of my mind...to-not-go 'post crazy', and make my opinion into the a large stone which reaches/permeates threads...with tons of misinformation, theory, hunches and imagination. (end topic)

Lastly, I'd like to cut and paste from a post I formed last year, which dealt/crept into environmental similarities between Oaxaca and various coordinates inside Switzerland.
I really got into the material by accident...where my mind kinda drifts in 'one' direction for a few days...similar to A.D.D....but, more like Attention Drift Anomaly(ADA)...made that btw.

Here's the cut and paste, which is actually 'only' the bottom paragraph of the original post...I believe I was really into 'Sacred Sites' that particular week...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sacred North Mountain Range Hotspot of Oaxaca:

www.sierranorte.org.mx/en/climate.htm
Oaxaca’s Sierra Norte...
Quote:
... is unique in terms of its biodiversity and serves as the entry point to two large regions with contrasting characteristics: the neoartic and neotropical. The flora and fauna of the warm and cold climate mountainous areas join the tropical species of the hot and humid climates. This biological diversity embraces 7 types of terrestrial vegetation: perennial tropical forest, mountain mesofilo forest, oak forest, pine forest, tropical caucifilo forest, sub-alpine hawthorn and meadow (Rzedowski, 1978).

The Sierra Norte’s altitudinal gradient runs from 100m to 3300m above sea level, thereby constituting the largest corridor of natural forest and jungle in Mexico. The 400000 hectares of sierra are controlled by indigenous communities (Zapotec, Chinantec and Mixes) through approximately 60 communal properties.

From the deciduous tropical forests with cacti and a wide variety of endemic species, you can climb through pine and oak forests, considered one of the most diverse areas in the world (WWF, 1995), to the mountain summits where one can find sub-alpine meadows similar to those found in Switerland.

The Sierra Norte mountain range is recognised as an area of biological significance because the variety of micro-environments found in the region support a diverse abundance of flora and fauna. The elements that determine the existence and location of these micro-environments are the different topographic, altitudinal, geological and climatic zones within the region.

The indigenous people of this region, the Zapotec, traditionally have a strong bond with their natural environment. The “lord of the mountains”, a Zapotec deity known as Guzio, is said to live within the Sierra Norte, and to take care of the mountain people.
[The name Zapotec is an exonym coming from Nahuatl tzapotēcah (singular tzapotēcatl), which means "inhabitants of the place of sapote(edible fruit).-wikipedia]

There are five general vegetation groups found in this region:
*montane cloud forest
*tropical evergreen forest
*pine forest
*pine-oak forest
*oak forest
-These vegetation groups are independently and collectively floristically rich with an estimated 2000 plant species in total.

Many of the plants found in this region have medicinal value and of the many species there is a high level of endemism, meaning that they are found no where else. -This is critical when many species are threatened.

[Favorite Quotes]:

2 members found this post helpful.