Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > DJ Short and Legends Seeds > The Blue Notes

Thread Title Search
The Blue Notes Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2020, 04:16 AM #51
TyroneShoelace

TyroneShoelace is just really niceTyroneShoelace is just really niceTyroneShoelace is just really niceTyroneShoelace is just really niceTyroneShoelace is just really niceTyroneShoelace is just really niceTyroneShoelace is just really niceTyroneShoelace is just really niceTyroneShoelace is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraculous Meds View Post
No reduction in clone generations so far. Also, its both on offspring on the male side, havent really noticed auto in the female side.
Thanks! That's good to know. Feel better about dusting everything with the Flo2 male.

AC/DC1 x Flo2
Special Sauce2 x Flo2
CBD Mango Haze2 x Flo2

Harvested some of the SS2xFlo2 seeds and they are very small.

The MH look like they will be a bit larger, but they're not quite fully baked yet. Will be coming down next Sunday, right at day 77.

Not much to report. BCM1 seedlings are growing. They have a very broad leaf at this stage, but I expect that to change as they mature. They're quite vigorous and happy especially given that they are not quite getting enough light. Hope to take some clones in the next week or two.

I did learn something recently after a series of mistakes. Figured i'd share.

I have been cloning in one of those plastic seed/clone domes with cells for sponges. So far I'm 100% after 42 cuts taken. Technique is feeling good. But I've noticed that once transitioned to Coco, about 5% of plants stall shortly after transplant. Another 5% go for a few weeks before stalling. Typically the stalling is accompanied by a small colony of springtails taking up residence. The sponges get ultra slimy and almost disintegrate. This is causing the roots to rot right where they meet the plant. No bueno.

Initially I thought I might be able to remedy this by removing the sponges from the rooted clones before planting them in Coco. In retrospect this was a stupid idea, but sometimes you gotta learn the hard way. I didn't kill any cuttings, but I sure did make them suffer from the root damage.

Eventually it dawned on me that I could preserve the entire technique I'm using, but replace the sponges with Coco. I can't check on root development as easily as I used to. Have to wait til I see them coming out the bottom, but as long as it works, I'm happy.

In other news, I've been dreaming of the Blue Heaven for since I read about it years ago. The description sounded like the perfect herb for me. Anti Anxiety qualities in cannabis is the holy grail for me. Part of why I love CBD strains. Managed to snatch up some New Berry by way of an SSG Sour Goat acquisition (LBSDxF13? F-yeah!). Only 4 NB seeds to play with, but after the experts set me straight on my seed germination technique, I feel confident I will end up with something from the pack.

That's all for now.
TyroneShoelace is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-08-2020, 11:13 PM #52
Miraculous Meds

Miraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyroneShoelace View Post
Thanks! That's good to know. Feel better about dusting everything with the Flo2 male.

AC/DC1 x Flo2
Special Sauce2 x Flo2
CBD Mango Haze2 x Flo2

Harvested some of the SS2xFlo2 seeds and they are very small.
<a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=82356&pict ureid=2008680" target="_blank">View Image

The MH look like they will be a bit larger, but they're not quite fully baked yet. Will be coming down next Sunday, right at day 77.
<a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=82356&pict ureid=2008681" target="_blank">View Image

Not much to report. BCM1 seedlings are growing. They have a very broad leaf at this stage, but I expect that to change as they mature. They're quite vigorous and happy especially given that they are not quite getting enough light. Hope to take some clones in the next week or two.

I did learn something recently after a series of mistakes. Figured i'd share.

I have been cloning in one of those plastic seed/clone domes with cells for sponges. So far I'm 100% after 42 cuts taken. Technique is feeling good. But I've noticed that once transitioned to Coco, about 5% of plants stall shortly after transplant. Another 5% go for a few weeks before stalling. Typically the stalling is accompanied by a small colony of springtails taking up residence. The sponges get ultra slimy and almost disintegrate. This is causing the roots to rot right where they meet the plant. No bueno.

Initially I thought I might be able to remedy this by removing the sponges from the rooted clones before planting them in Coco. In retrospect this was a stupid idea, but sometimes you gotta learn the hard way. I didn't kill any cuttings, but I sure did make them suffer from the root damage.

Eventually it dawned on me that I could preserve the entire technique I'm using, but replace the sponges with Coco. I can't check on root development as easily as I used to. Have to wait til I see them coming out the bottom, but as long as it works, I'm happy.

In other news, I've been dreaming of the Blue Heaven for since I read about it years ago. The description sounded like the perfect herb for me. Anti Anxiety qualities in cannabis is the holy grail for me. Part of why I love CBD strains. Managed to snatch up some New Berry by way of an SSG Sour Goat acquisition (LBSDxF13? F-yeah!). Only 4 NB seeds to play with, but after the experts set me straight on my seed germination technique, I feel confident I will end up with something from the pack.
<a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=82355&pict ureid=2008679" target="_blank">View Image

That's all for now.
Nice scoop on the newberry and sour goat. Cloning in straight coir is the best option, I never did dial that in. If sticking with cubes, check out oasis cubes, I like their structure.
Miraculous Meds is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-22-2020, 02:18 AM #53
TyroneShoelace

TyroneShoelace is just really niceTyroneShoelace is just really niceTyroneShoelace is just really niceTyroneShoelace is just really niceTyroneShoelace is just really niceTyroneShoelace is just really niceTyroneShoelace is just really niceTyroneShoelace is just really niceTyroneShoelace is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraculous Meds View Post
Nice scoop on the newberry and sour goat. Cloning in straight coir is the best option, I never did dial that in. If sticking with cubes, check out oasis cubes, I like their structure.
Thanks MM! I'll keep that one in the arsenal if coco doesn't work out. So far high humidity is keeping all the BCM1 clones perky and dark green.

I found something interesting with the Flo F5 #1 male. He was sporting one single female calyx at the beginning of this thread. Now I'm wondering if I should still be calling him a he? I guess I'm going to clone this branch and flower it out.

Temple Flo - DJ's one-time-only release

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2020, 09:13 PM #54
TyroneShoelace

Update

The pandemic kind of screwed things up for me, but I'm getting back on track. I still have a few Blues in the stable, thankfully.

Here's New Berry #2. Looking a bit funky. Has a very rich dank stem rub. Love the funk.

I've been stalled with cloning, unfortunately. My res ended up with some bacterial nastiness that persisted even after being disinfected. I'm going to give it another go, and if that fails I'll be switching to oasis cubes.
Temple Flo - DJ's one-time-only release

4 members found this post helpful.