What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

preventing early spring flowering with clones

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Why dont you guys, just pick a day in the summer a head of time for when u will be moving plants outside, and then look up what the light schedule is like for that day, and then veg your plants indoor under that same cycle? That way, there is no jurrastic change in light when they go outside, so they shouldnt start to flower right..?

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
what Im wonderin is how to put my veg chamber on 15-9 and make all my mothers start flowering from switching from 24-0......

im in the southern hemispher and am starting clones Oct 1st Veg for 3 weeks on 13/11 by 26th the photoperiod will be 13 hours of daylight a day, btw round here we only get upto 13.50hours MAX light thats in the middle of summer, would this work, i dont wanna fvck round with this reveg shit :D thanks for help the thread has been good help already

H

Huey69

im in the southern hemispher and am starting clones Oct 1st Veg for 3 weeks on 13/11 by 26th the photoperiod will be 13 hours of daylight a day, btw round here we only get upto 13.50hours MAX light thats in the middle of summer, would this work, i dont wanna fvck round with this reveg shit :D thanks for help the thread has been good help already

Pretty much any strain will start flowering if you put it under 13/11 light...

querkle

If yer cutting is on 18/6 it will need to be placed outdoors, or in a 15/9 room. You will need to grow it out for a month or two, genetics will tell if it is gonna start blooming. If it does you need to leave it under the 15/9 schedule till it reverts to a vegetative state( takes a month)... If the genetics are more sativa dominant they shouldnt trigger under 15...

Once you have the clone on 15/9 keep it there, or you will have to go back through this process.(always have one set aside for future runs)..

do you start the mendocino madness under 15/9 ????

What light do you have them on now? If it's been 24/0 then they will start to flower at 15 hrs of light.....

sorry, I'm late to this thread too...
JJ, is this the absolute rule for every strain, cuttlings or seedlings? i have some orangekush/hashplant seedlings coming up I want to flower early (they didnt make it last year), so should I just start them on 24/0 and plant them outside in may/june? or is this wishful thinking

after re-reading the thread again i think i should explain further...
i just started to crack my seedlings but i from last years exp. and stuff ive heard on the web, hashplant/kush is late flowering for the upper midwest (which is where im located)
my lease ends on my apt on May 15th...the light time during this period is 14.33
so...suggestions on what i should do to prevent early early flowering...or encourge early flowering? or am i just in a pickle because i have to put them outside early? i was going to start them on 16/8 but should i just go with 14/10?

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
from personal experience i start taking clones off the mother, right around the next 2-3 weeks, when weather permits(no more frost) i begin the transplant straight into ground... light cycle inside is 18-6... i have NEVER HAD PROBLEMS WITH PREFLOWERING!!! mother nature always takes its course, after the moon cycle and the days begin getting brighter the plant WILL AUTOMATICALLY KNOW to GROWW!! last year i had mine outside by the beginning of may they grew 2 6ft twice in veg, had i let them grow they would have been 12ft no questions asked!!!! and this was in the high latitude of MAINE... 18-6 then right into the ground u will have no problems, u dont need any supplement light outside, the sun is good enough, plus its free =)... good growings

wdr

Veteran
Hello, :wave:

I have read all this thread, but still i dont know to many about right photoperiod for my clones. :( Some ppl prefer 24, some 15/9 some 18/6.

I plan put my clones outdoor in july first - this is 16/8 in my latlitude (50N) , mother will be grown from april.

I think about 15/9, but i never try it before.

ill be thankful for any advise

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
My veg chamber has been at 24 hours, just wonderring if I switch it to 16-8 will they all start to flower? Im trying to get it ready for the outdo season....

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
if the sun rises at 6 and sets at 8, but you want to give um at least 15 while inside, would it be better to have the extra light in the morning or the evening in order to interupt light cycle as little as possible? so like 5-8, 6-9, or maybe a little of both like 5:30-8:30?

Fast_Pine

if the sun rises at 6 and sets at 8, but you want to give um at least 15 while inside, would it be better to have the extra light in the morning or the evening in order to interupt light cycle as little as possible? so like 5-8, 6-9, or maybe a little of both like 5:30-8:30?

A little of both.

LLCoolBud

My veg chamber has been at 24 hours, just wonderring if I switch it to 16-8 will they all start to flower? Im trying to get it ready for the outdo season....

I am in the same boat as you GET MO! :fsu::noway::wallbash:
I didnt have this problem when I grew outdoors last year but don't want to to happen as im running early flowering and Afgahni strains! Someone please tell me how I scale back the light from 24/0 to 16/8 or less without triggering flowering???

chongsbuddy

Veteran
sunrise,sunset/twilight?

sunrise,sunset/twilight?

i agree with the fact that you have to match the indoor and outdoor times out.on june 1st where i live sunrise is at 5:37 am and sunset is at 8:56 pm,now twilight is 5:02 in the am and 9:32 in the pm.now that is 1 hour and 12 minutes between the sun shining and the faded light of twilight.this confuses me.does that extra hour and 12 minutes give light to the plants enough to make a difference?because its over an hour!i was thinking of going in between(15 hours 18 minutes,16 hours and 30 minutes,in between would be15 hours and 54 minutes.i have my moms at 16/8 right now,which is almost the same.any thoughts about this?i dont know whether to use 16/8,15.5/8.5,15/9.im thinking 16/8 0r 15.5/8.5.that hour of twilight is screwing me up.

LLCoolBud

It doesn't have to be exact, as long as your close add 30 mins to the morning and 30 mins at night and you should be fine a minor difference in light schedule will not trigger flowering unless your plants are extreme photosensitive which is pretty rare.

Fast_Pine

It doesn't have to be exact, as long as your close add 30 mins to the morning and 30 mins at night and you should be fine a minor difference in light schedule will not trigger flowering unless your plants are extreme photosensitive which is pretty rare.

I agree..

Latest posts

Latest posts