What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

heat issues

RGG

Ih guys i am having temperature issues in my 2.4x1.2x2m tent, I am running 2 x 600w gavitas, 6inch air and out, 2 x 12" osculating fans with a ram air fan controller.

i am noticing after the lights have been on 5+ hours the temp is hitting 30degrees. In the summer i didn't have any issues as was using a aircon but now we are in colder weather i was hoping not to use it.

If i upgraded my air out fan to a 8" would that be enough to pull enough extra air out to keep the temps down?

BC32

Yeah, agree with above, try and get the room cooler itself if you can. I don't believe you can air cool it but maybe you can suck some of that heat directly by the glass out.

RGG

makes alot of sence when put like that.

I'll have to see what i can do when it comes to this as there isnt really great access to window/outside easily without making holes in walls or letting the whole building feel the cold.

Maybe i will have to start some window management.

troutman

Seed Whore
I wouldn't drill a hole thru the outside wall.

Even if there's a window in another room that will work if you can exchange grow area air with that room. :tiphat:

RGG

I wouldn't drill a hole thru the outside wall.

Even if there's a window in another room that will work if you can exchange grow area air with that room. :tiphat:

makes a lot of sense.

I will rig up fan and ducting so i can leave a door shut without making everything colder then it needs to be.

troutman

Seed Whore
Drilling a hole thru the door will be less damaging than a hole thru the wall. :tiphat:

Tell people it's a pet door. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts