What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SSSC Lot M69 F2

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
ATTENTION: Pretend the thread is titled SSC Lot 69 F2 - as it should be.
ATTENTION - Part 2: Pretend the 1st 'ATTENTION' isn't there. These may now be SSSC Lot M39. (Oh, the mystery)

Whoa there! Before any panties get bunched, I know there wasn't a Lot M69 put out by SSSC. At least, I cant find a single mention of it online. I feel as though they might be a mix of SSSC lines. Ex. M30 x M39.

These seeds were donated to the Bay for auction a couple of years back by Curbsideservice - if memory serves me.

They were labeled as above and created by someone with the nick BigSur51 - again, if memory serves me.

Ive already F3'd them in an open pollination involving 4 ladies and 2 gents (I think). No pics from that as I mangled the girls to fit them in a 2x3x5 tent laid out on its side.

They all looked to be finished in between 8-10 weeks. I let them go around 12 so that the seeds would be fully matured.

The ladies - #1 I call Stink Fruit, #2 Pine, #4 was somewhere between SF and Pine with some garbagy back notes and #6 is Black Licorice. They all smelled rank in early-mid flower.

Im hoping some old heads or someone familiar with BigSur51(?) can chime in and help me figure out if these plants were made from actual SSSC stock and, if so, which lines.

Limited research tells me that black licorice seems to be most likely found in Durban and pine possibly in N. Lights (Basic 5?).

Lot 69 #6

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ill get pics of the others through the end of the weekend.

Last edited:

FireIn.TheSky

There was a link I found one time when researching these to one of those private canna boards.

It was the cabana board I think.

FireIn.TheSky

In curbside infomational post on these he said the original breeder was a guy named seedman/ssc

The strain is called lot 69. The f2s were made by big sur.
So there is no indication these are of sssc genetics.
The info he ripped came from the cabana.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
I got a chime in in private - someone who has a connection to BS51. Theyre gonna drop him a line to find out whats what.

Interesting, Fire. So regardless of the origin of the parents, these were most likely only shared with a relatively small group of people? Im OK with that.

Sucks if the "SSSC" was a typo, or worse, a blatant theft. I really just want to know whats in them.

EDIT: Was this the post you referred to Fire?

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=6904396&postcount=1117

Seems it was a typo. Don't know why the "M" was added, guess someone had sssc on the brain.

The post refers to autoflowering traits and difficulty with cloning. The closest Ive experienced with AF traits is 1 plant was preflowering pretty heavily. But, a couple months in a 1 gal pot can do that. No issues cloning so far. All 4 ladies have been cloned twice at this point.

Interesting that it says its an indica. I would guess a hybrid as they were a bit stretchy (2x). Only 1 of them didn't stretch much.

FireIn.TheSky

No that is a different post the post I w as referencing was by curbside in the seedbay listings thread.

The post by curbside had the same information from the top half of that post.

The reason why I remembered all this is because I wanted to buy these when I thought they were sssc genes, later finding out they were not from sssc I passed. They look good though.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Thanks guys.

I came across this https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=249786 thread by Idiit. Scroll through it, and a picture starts to develop of who has knowledge of these beans.

Seems highly likely they are from SSC (Seed Swap Club) originally.

Im on this. Hopefully, in a few days ill have some solid info. Im gonna go buzz Charlies ear.

I might need to change the thread title - if 'they''ll let me.

EDIT: Fire, these may be as good as any SSSC beans considering the players.

Ill let y'all know what I find out.

Side note - These database errors are killing me.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Hello wildgrow. Nice healthy plants in your garden.

Here is the info that I have on Lot 69. This came from an older seed catalog:

Lot 69

If you have additional comments about this strain please click the link below to add them to the CGI.

Add additional comments about this strain

Region
Strain Lot 69
Type Indica
Origin
Breeder SeedMan/SSC
Description Pics by HeatherBud
Grown over 16 weeks - week 8 of flowering

Clones of the clones, the plants and buds got smaller and flowered quicker (6wks) due to its auto flowering trait.
Specifications 6 from clones
8 weeks from seed.
Comments This is one of the stickiest plants I've grown. Stinks like hell as it matures.

A special plant in my opinion but the auto flowering side of this strain might make it difficult cloning for beginners. It took longer to clone each time but flowered out quicker each time as well.

I'm not sure what it's made of exactly but it's got Blue strains in the make up I believe. The stems had the redish stripes.

The seeds are just awesome, big with distinct black markings. A dear friend of mine said he could pick them out of bird seed.

The hash yield from Lot 69 was fantastic!

I entered this strain in the Australian version of Cannabis Cup and out of 14 entries it came in 6th. Lot69 was rated very well for taste and smell but presentation let it down. The buds weren't prepped for competition as I only found out it was on a week or so before the Cup took place.

Lot69 came in first of 6 strains in the SSC Challenge grow. It's a hardy strain that wasn't phased by rough treatment such as an over nute as seedlings and were severed from the main root ball when transferred to flower...it was my first serious grow and I made some mistakes along the way. But this plant just kept thriving.

Shall dig back and find some of the reports from the Challenge grow on this strain and add them in due course HeatherBud

I was gifted these beans by my good friend back from the days of CW , ArtfulDodger. If I am not mistaken , Arty won the seeds at an auction on Cannabis World.

I ended up with a male and 4 distinct phenos if my memory is right. I will have to look at old notes.

I can try and post photos if that will help and I can figure out how to do it.

Have a Groovy day!.....
big

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Thank you for dropping in and shining some light. Hopefully some others can help fill in some missing bits.

Do you know if the seedman credited as the breeder is still around somewhere? Not that its very likely that I could find him.

Did any of the aromas ring a bell? Even if not for these specific seeds. Do you remember anything from 'the day' that would have fit any of them (black licorice, pine, sticky fruit)?

You don't have to go out of your way, but any other puzzle pieces would help me try to make a... ahem... educated guess.

They were really trich covered and sticky and made a nice pile of sift. And they were really stanky early through mid flower. I almost thought I had some old skunk genetics in there for awhile.

If you can upload them, I can help you get them posted. And thanks again :tiphat:

Kind of spooky how I decided to ask for some info at just about the same time so many people from early on entered idiits cohiba thread.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Well I got a bit of info. Someone seems to think they may be SSSC Lot M39 - Skunk1 x Basic 5. They seem to remember it being passed around back in the day.

I can believe it given the strong stank they put out. The 'Pine' and 'Stink Fruit' girls would seem to fit the bill. Im still somewhat perplexed by 'Black Licorice' though. So perhaps whatever they are could still be a cross of SSSC strains or Lot M39 crossed to something else. I may never know - and that will bug the living shit out of me.

There is someone else on IC who has some 69 beans, so maybe at some point those will get grown and provide a 'ah ha' moment.

EDIT: By the way, if these are what theyre currently thought to be, they won a contest mannny years ago.

EDIT No. 2: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7422381&postcount=50

vince514

seeker of greater knowledge
Veteran
If it is original M39 your in for a treat that is some of the best resin producing plants to make hash whether it's solvent extracts water extraction dry sieve or rosin she's a winner.. just give her a chance..
Good luck

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
If it is original M39 your in for a treat that is some of the best resin producing plants to make hash whether it's solvent extracts water extraction dry sieve or rosin she's a winner.. just give her a chance..
Good luck

I got a good amount of sift from them.

Hey wildgrow, m39 has much sativa in it. This looks more like the early hash plants.

Not to argue, but Skunk is afghan and 2 sativas - lets say 25% afghan. Basic is mostly indica - lets say 75%. Put those together and it looks like 50/50. Even if its 40/60, there should still be plenty of short expressions.

I highly doubt the breeder or F2 maker will happen by, so we can never be sure if there was any kind of selection done. Maybe the F1 pack these were made from had a predominance of shorter plants.

The lit says good for indoor and outdoor - maybe some original selections were done for shorter sat plants so that they would be appropriate for indoor growth.

One other thing I hadn't mentioned was that the blk licorice plant had a full 2nd flush of fresh pistils at 10 weeks. She took a lot of bending to control her stretch. They all did, but not as much as her.

It would be nice if someone with an old notebook showed up.

Whatever the case heres...

M39(?) #2 - 'Pine'.

picture.php

picture.php

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Sorry but what you think skunk is not even close same with northern lights.

So are you saying SamS is lying about the genetics of Skunk? And that NL isn't mostly indica?

What are Skunk and NL then? Enlighten me and everyone else.

rhinoman 1

No Sam has been very precise in his discription of skunk 1. Northern lights on the other hand the story has changed over the years. They say nl was afg/hawaian at the time period Hawaiian grows were more than likely Colombian and Thia . So skunk was Colombian mazur and Acapulco gold all I'm sayn is crossing these two together did not produce plants like that.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
No Sam has been very precise in his discription of skunk 1. Northern lights on the other hand the story has changed over the years. They say nl was afg/hawaian at the time period Hawaiian grows were more than likely Colombian and Thia . So skunk was Colombian mazur and Acapulco gold all I'm sayn is crossing these two together did not produce plants like that.

"They say" and "more than likely" are hardly definitive and just more speculation, but I do appreciate your contribution.
Maybe these are a cross of SSSC stock. :dunno:

This is really going to take a concentration of older growers with clear memories of growing M39 to settle. I had hoped a few would peek in. And if its not M39..?

Its too bad summer is coming, or else Id grow out more clones untopped and non-lst'd to see what they really look like.

rhinoman 1

Well Wildgrow the only speculation comes from the northern lights . But it does not take away from your plants they look lovely.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
They actually don't look so good, but thanks. Ive been fighting pm all year. Im winning at not losing.
They were healthier and more densely flowered under t5s. They are starting to get rather pungent now.