What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Node spacing?

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
I posted the question in cannabis growing

Ive never run seed plants indoor before. I have plants about a foot tall, and the node spacing is weird.

there is a shoot a few inches above my soil. The next shoot is 6 inches above that and a few inches above that is the main top.

I know a picture would help out a lot with my question, Im not sure why the spacing is so far apart? Would topping the plant help out to bush it out more?

The strain is Dosido x unknown.., Its what i planted from clone Dosido, last fall my outdoor plants i plucked a lot of seed... , i did not find one male flower and didn't see any bananas before harvesting.
Thanks

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
I went from 4 inch containers. placed seed in a cup of filtered water for 2 days, then a wet paper towel in a bag. 1-2 days later had a tap root of 1-2 inches

R

Rab.C

i am on my first grow and topped my plants and the 2 tops that came up were 3ins
i was going to top them again but didnt now they are 2.5ft long now

this is my serious kush topped once

Last edited:

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
I know what topping/pinching is, The seeds were in 4 inch containers for 3-4 weeks, they are into the first week into 1 gallon pots. I hope to see the sex within the next 2-3 weeks.

The males will be destroyed on sight!!! lol

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Combination of genetics and environmental influences like light intensity, light spectrum, temperature, and lights on/off temp differential. Ive seen some ridiculous node spacing on seedlings that honestly makes me lol thinking back. Some people think the node distance being far apart indicates males but its not what ive encountered, ive had some lanky ugly females too from same batch of seeds lol.