What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is wrong with these leaves ???

Hubbleman

Veteran
Buddy got these leaves:

picture.php

There nice and green but got this yellow skeleton marks on it.

It's been under LED for sometime, 60 cm distance. I got a feeling shitty LED light bleaching it or something. :whee:

Hubbleman

Veteran
Here

I tried it once.

I had this bag of super cheap supermarket soil laying around.
I flushed it and amended it with some good organic amendments.
(Atleast I thought I got the synthetics out of it...)

But no, I was wrong. I planted into it and after a short while I was running into issues. Know as Synthetic Death. It can happen when you mix synthetic and organic nutrients. My plants where clawing like crazy and were showing several other overfertilization/lockout issues.

I managed to pull the plants through. But the soil was pure crap also. After a few weeks it turned into this compact block which took forever to take water in...

I won't be doing that again.

Dude said he experienced same problem, a lock out

My friend used shitty time release fertilised soil for seedling , and proper organic soil for veg growth . 2 got mixed up - organic soil + cheap nute from seedling pot, I hope the shitty time release nute have finished cycle .

We checked today and the plant hasn't changed, it didn't get better but it didn't get worse too. Fingers crossed plant will recover.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Mix up a half gram of magnesium sulfate in a gallon of water. Spray a couple leaves. Check tomorrow and see if the yellowing goes away on those leaves.

If it does, either foliar spray the plants or add a half gram/gallon of epsom the next 2 waterings. :)

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Mix up a half gram of magnesium sulfate in a gallon of water. Spray a couple leaves. Check tomorrow and see if the yellowing goes away on those leaves.

If it does, either foliar spray the plants or add a half gram/gallon of epsom the next 2 waterings. :)

Do this

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I still think it's the start of a magnesium deficiency, so I would do what Douglas recommended. Which is what I recommended the first time you asked. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Check your PH, I wanna say magnesium gets locked out in soil above uhhhh 7.2? I'm also pretty sure excess calcium can cause magnesium lockout, and vice versa. If you do a foliar of the epsom and it doesn't help, that guarantees it's not magnesium, I just have a hunch cause that pattern of the leaves looks familiar. It also reminds me of manganese, but the veins would be dark green with the leaf coloring instead of light veins.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
That solves a problem that had me scratching my head for nearly 3 years, much obliged :tiphat:
Seriously, I bookmarked his post, cause I know that will come in handy again. Make sure ya rep him! Seems like so many magnesium deficiencies, and if it's cause of the light that would explain a few of them.

troutman

Seed Whore
I give my plants Epsom salt each week whether they need it or not. :tiphat:

I just add a tablespoon per gallon of water.