What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Plant wilting in Hydro?

R

romanolescro

looks like severe overwatering/bad oxygenation
and maybe you caught pythium

Drop That Sound

The water level is much too high, you should have lids for the bucket, and cut out a hole for whatever size net pots. And then the level should be roughly 1/2 to an inch below the bottom of the net pot. Well below the stalk of the plant at the least.

Plenty of times I've had plants grow to big, and the net pot pop through the hole into the res. A few times won't hurt if caught in time, but left for long periods of time is like dampening off on a hydro plant. Either choke it out or it will rot.

If you tug on some of the roots I bet they will be mushy, even if they look ok, and just pull away from the root ball in clumps.

Actually.. It appears that your system is designed with the overflows up toward the top, i'm guessing the easiest option would be to buy new buckets and make the overflows lower. Unless you can figure out a way to raise the plants up from now on.

ChenBenTz

The roots are a mix of orange and white from the nutrients, but that's how its always been and all the plants are the same in this regard.

I have a huge 60L air pump, so the only possibility would be too much air (?)

The water level is much too high, you should have lids for the bucket, and cut out a hole for whatever size net pots. And then the level should be roughly 1/2 to an inch below the bottom of the net pot. Well below the stalk of the plant at the least.

Plenty of times I've had plants grow to big, and the net pot pop through the hole into the res. A few times won't hurt if caught in time, but left for long periods of time is like dampening off on a hydro plant. Either choke it out or it will rot.

If you tug on some of the roots I bet they will be mushy, even if they look ok, and just pull away from the root ball in clumps.

Actually.. It appears that your system is designed with the overflows up toward the top, i'm guessing the easiest option would be to buy new buckets and make the overflows lower. Unless you can figure out a way to raise the plants up from now on.

This whole issue could be caused by the water level being too high? My intention was to utilize the maximum amount of water possible since these 20L containers are smaller than my last ones.

And I also wanted to keep as much of the plant under water so it doesn't dry out. I'll pull it up towards the screen.