What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Reusing PBZ soil

gotnoname

like it or not people use Paclobutrazol and other pgr, question is has anyone reuse soil that was fed with pbz to start a new crop (veg) ?

reason is that i have a lot(over 24000 gallon) of soil/coco which;

-pbz was introduced early in flowering
-plants were grown in pots
-soil was flush with good run off for a least 10 days
-soil has been stored in a big pile outside for less than a year

and would like to use for outdoor 2019

BongFu

like it or not people use Paclobutrazol and other pgr, question is has anyone reuse soil that was fed with pbz to start a new crop (veg) ?

reason is that i have a lot(over 24000 gallon) of soil/coco which;

-pbz was introduced early in flowering
-plants were grown in pots
-soil was flush with good run off for a least 10 days
-soil has been stored in a big pile outside for less than a year

and would like to use for outdoor 2019

I think you should definitely reuse that soil so its stuffs up your crop and smokers don't end up with your shitty PGR gear:):laughing:

BongFu

I think it stays in the soil a long long time.
Exactly how long I can not say but there are research papers out that could help answer that.
Seems microbes can help the process along.

https://www.intechopen.com/books/biodegradation-and-bioremediation-of-polluted-systems-new-advances-and-technologies/biodegradation-of-paclobutrazol-a-plant-growth-regulator-used-in-irrigated-mango-orchard-soil

It even stays in pots and lines... Good luck with using microbes to break it down. If you're too stupid to grow without the need to use PGRs you stand zero chance of properly recycling your soil. I'd suggest you throw it all out and buy new stuff.

gotnoname

microbes sound good !
I dont think pgr increase yield, I use it to have more consistent looking flower, less fragile and easier to harvest/process..

BongFu

microbes sound good !
I dont think pgr increase yield, I use it to have more consistent looking flower, less fragile and easier to harvest/process..

You of course realise that they also reduce oil production significantly and PGRs are harmful to human health?

BongFu

Does it reduce the potency when you use it?

By about 30 percent. PGRs like paclobutrazol are GA pathway inhibitors. The GA pathway is central in the production of thc and other oils. Shut down the GA pathway and you shut down essential oil and secondary metabolite production. Dumbest idea in cannabis history. Pack of retards flog toxins that significantly reduce medicinal oil production in a medicinal crop. Pack of other retard growers go ooooohhh look at that. Because Im a lazy bastard who cant grow I can pump my crop full of toxins and still get a bit of a result. Duh!!!