What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does Cannabis Use Cause Schizophrenia?

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Any institute claiming this shit is only proving to be a prohibitionist looking to sell a fake treatment with drugs they designed...

PDX Dopesmoker

There aren't any chemicals which can separate a person's consciousness from reality. The person has to distance themselves from reality willingly because the imagined reality that the insane live within (in lieu of life on Earth) is their own creation. Even something as strong and seemingly all enveloping as LSD inebriation can't drive most people to do something as stupid as harming themselves substantially on purpose.

redlaser

Veteran
My question is what is causing all the autism and gluten allergies.

As far as gluten, id like to rule out herbicide somehow, who knows, could be autism related too.

Even though there is no round up ready wheat commercially available, they do recommend it to be sprayed to uniformly dry or dessicate, for easier harvest.

I try to avoid it by going organic, and hoping it doesn’t have as much pesticides in it, even though they allow small amounts

Trolden

im a schizofrenic and i got a fullblown psykosis even i dident smoke for 3 and a half year before that and was on my highest whit my training doing musselsups and handstand eating healty... it can come sneaking up on eryone

TruffleButler

There aren't any chemicals which can separate a person's consciousness from reality. The person has to distance themselves from reality willingly because the imagined reality that the insane live within (in lieu of life on Earth) is their own creation. Even something as strong and seemingly all enveloping as LSD inebriation can't drive most people to do something as stupid as harming themselves substantially on purpose.

I dunno man. I was known at one time to get dusted, put on my locs and go robo dancing down the middle of the street at midnight, but some people would definitely be confused enough to try and put oncoming cars in their mouth. Youre really over estimating the solidity of the general populations reality.

As far as weed making you psychotic? Well duh that's the point. It's called getting high. Those who only get "faded" are missing their giggle receptors. Genetic mutation, bad herb or both.

Dog Star

Veteran
Know a guy and his mother have full blown schyzophrenia... encountered that he when
he smokes and have some problems goes psychotic and dangerous..

so i belive if you have genetic predispositions or heredity in family and if case its
about schyzophrenia and psychotic disorders that you will need to avoid high
THC strains... CBD extracts will be good on another hand for people
that suffer from this two medical conditions..

before year or two here 20 kilometers from mine house boy 18 years killed mother
and father.. he smoked lot of weed and when police find him they put him
directly to mental house cause a boy was in hard psychotic state..
he will stay for long time in psychiatric clinic,they judge him by a law
that he wasnt sane when he did what he made..

Cannabis is not for every one,specialy if you dont have basic knowledge on how specific cannabionids have action and what they does .. am sees that on a example of that personal friend and some others where people goes mayhem cause it was made their illnesses much harder.. so there is people that need to look what they put in self or things can complicate..

Same as some person can be alergic to some food and have life treating reaction,
same there are a people that will need to cut THC but to raise CBD if they wish to
use cannabis in safe way..

soil margin

Veteran
People with mental illnesses should obviously be extra extra careful when consuming mind altering psychoactive drugs, no big surprises there. However, the idea that cannabis can cause a mentally healthy person to become schizophrenic simply as a result of cannabis use, I just don't believe. We have 50-100 years of medical evidence that should make it blatantly obvious if cannabis users were developing mental illness at significantly higher rates than healthy people.

I'm not saying it's impossible that cannabis could contribute to mental illness in a healthy person, but I've seen absolutely zero science that shows that to be likely. To me it seems much more likely that people with little awareness of their own true mental state, take high dose cannabis in some form and then start feeling like they are going crazy, then blame it on cannabis when they go to the emergency room after a panic attack or anxiety.

Dog Star

Veteran
Mental ill need to educate self first on their illness,and they need to know from where
danger stalks them,its not easy cause mental ill usually think for self they are pretty
normal folks and can sustain what normal folks usually does..

then you look good and you encounter that most of modern strains have cannabionide
profiles more on THC side.. then they use this same strains while in reality they
need to avoid them and use just CBD meds..

i know now we have a lot of strains lately with better CBD levels but this ill people
will again by some rule faster use those THC dominant ones.. if you look breeders
they also mostly breed for high THC..

We need all to be proper awared..,specialy if you share your medicine with friends..
its a good thing to ask them before you share your meds does they have history
of mental illness,mental psychosis... as this can be dangerous for them and for
you.. they can try to made bad things and suceed in their running amok..

then you will have also legal problems with goverment when they found who
gives them weed..

If aproach to today Cannabis is medical one than we need to be responisble individues
that know their knowledge good and that dont made damage to society with
unconscious acting.. those who doubt they need to read more intensive on
mental illnes and cannabionide profiles.. what they does for one that take them..

Its anyway only 1% people with schyzophrenia,others 99% dont need to be forbidden
plant cause there are 1% of critical ones that need to look good on what cannabionids
they put in self..

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
Trauma, abuse, genetics, environment and cytomegalo virus are some of the causes of schizophrenia.
Weed not do much, I think, on the contrary, good herb - whatever that is - eases the so-called negative symptoms.

I imagine, people who suffer from the so-called positive symptoms (hallucinations/psychosis/voices/thought-audibility etc) might want to steer clear of THC rich cultivars, which is almost everything on especially the black market, but who knows if it helps some, and even outweigh the side-effects some might experience, for example some dislikes the trippy, thoughtful, introvert, self teaching effects, but may eat those up to be more free of psychosis, ruminations etc.

Autism can also be an aspect of schizophrenia, which herb also helps with.
CBD, CBG and CBN are probably well needed cannabinoids to ease the psychosis, anxiety, ruminations, depression, sleep disorder (being hyper or flipping day and night), eating disorder and so forth.
Schizophrenia is such an individual and very complex vulnerability. Not enough is known about it.

troutman

Seed Whore
I say no.

If Cannabis had this effect there would be a lot of Schizophrenia people.
Would the Government allow us to use this Gateway Drug now if it did?
If you're predisposed to be a certain way then you're gonna be that way.

Gateway Drug :laughing:

ion

wanna watch a dance? ask a well-respected psychologist the definition of schizo....then ask them what consciousness is. the hubris of 'modern healthcare' in any respect or vein is less than laughable.....children playing doctor......they dont know what schizo is and they sure as bells dont know anything about consciousness. {the elephant dressed up like trump in the room. consciousness is.

is there a thread for diving down rabbitholes in discussion of....like, whats going on when you ingest grass? what do you think? y'all been smoking it long time, dont act like youve never thought of it.....;)

grass is an agent. drug is a buy/sell word, aint got shit to do with shinola. drug comes from pharma..........at any point in time, any given person, any specific plant will have an effect for then. indicas make me sweaty, hammer-heart and edgy. Zam/haze/landrace sativas release energy and clarity, and almost always calm and relaxation.........terms are relative here, but the grass is a key. maybe some of the newly-invented line of employment known as Bud-Tenders could help out the schizos by helping them choose what's best for them?

no slander is intended, i have a schizophrenic family member and good friend. heavily pharma-D up. in various cycles for both, ive had incredible conversations with them, fully diving in with them. they aint crazy, or if they are im worse.