What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

new coco grower multi strain

M

MagusMan

Sup Icmag i was wondering when i could start feeding every day
i need too feed the plant bottom left higher feed because its very pale
here is a pic they are on ec1.3 and i am getting slight tip burn so do i feed ec1.2 now temps 24c humity 53%
also i want to veg the plants until the 4 just about fill the whole tent these were topped at node 5
i am getting an aeroponic cloner this week so i can take cuts
thanks for looking

Last edited:
M

MagusMan

i have bought a new Aero cloner too take clones this week.i have 48watts of t5 too light it.

M

MagusMan

Hey Icmag i need some help i topped at the 5th node and the two tops are about 3ins long
should i top them again so side branches catch up sorry for noob question i have never done it before

Last edited:

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I personally wouldn't worry about it. If you're trying to keep the canopy even, try low stress training the two tops.

M

MagusMan

hey justsometomatoes i was trying to get lots of tops try and up the chance of a better
yield lst is tying branches down yes

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Every time you top the plants you temporarily stunt the growth while the plant catches up. In the long run you end up with more side branches because you have more than one stalk for them to grow from, not to mention more colas. Every time you top though, the colas will be slightly smaller than the one(s) you had before topping. Most plants max out around 2 or 3 toppings so it makes no sense to do more than that. So the trade off is you have to spend more time in veg and get smaller colas but yield more in the end.

Yes, LST is tying the branches down without breaking them to train the plant to grow horizontally. If you're looking to increase your yield, this technique will help you do that. SCROG is a variation of LST where you use a screen or net instead of just tying the plant down to get an even canopy.

Last edited:
M

MagusMan

Update

Update

here is an update pic of plants today they were fed ec1.3 on the 21st
of jan. and today they were light ish so i fed em again ec1.3 ph5.8
they got 1.6lt each :woohoo:i am getting into this :biggrin:
here is the pic thanks everyone another thing how much do i take off the bottom of plant befor flowering.

Last edited:
M

MagusMan

Cheers justsometomatoes when they start too take off in veg its great watching them grow
bet if my enviroment and experience in growing it will be better.

M

MagusMan

plants flipped last night. still think i should have topped & vegged longer
they will be under 400watt metal halide for first 2 weeks of flower then i will switch
too 400watts of hps for flower.would have used 600watts in flower but there too hot for my room. thanks for looking...

M

MagusMan

hey everyone had a bit of a security issue.so cut plants down & clearing house out peace Magusman