What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Myco/Mychorrhizae Products: What Do YOU Swear By And Why?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
We know having a mychorrhiza network in the soil will bring nutrients from areas the roots cannot reach. (runononsentence) So, as far as products you can buy off the shelf, what do YOU keep around constantly and always use? What does your experience strongly recommend?

Pros?

Cons?

How and when do you recommend it's application for maximum effectiveness?

Thank you for sharing your insight. :tiphat:

Drewsif

Wallace Organic Wonder, because I didn't grow up with plastic growstore ripoff weed that tastes like snake oils and cost hundreds of dollars a lb to grow, I grew up on a farm, with dirt and manure and wise decisions assisted by people who want to improve the world not just their pocketbooks.

Pros? It cheaper than hydro store bullshit and actually works

Cons? It still cost money

https://wallacewow.com/products/wallace-organic-wonder-best-mycorrhizal-fungi-for-sale-1-pound

Use after tilling and anytime I think the roots have formed something substantial. During transplant into the soil. Of course I'm new to the closet slave environment, I know most indoor people don't like dirt or endosymbiotic microbes or good tasting weed. But they do like patting themselves over the back after fulfilling another checkmark on the "I did it" sheet. So expect a bunch of recommendations for "Cannabis specific" garbage at 100$ an ounce.

X

xavier7995

svrn

I use to use great white until they got bought out by Monsanto.

These days I use Dragonfly Earth Medicine. Great product and great people to boot.

GreenGuy

BioAg VAM

BioAg VAM

We know having a mychorrhiza network in the soil will bring nutrients from areas the roots cannot reach. (runononsentence) So, as far as products you can buy off the shelf, what do YOU keep around constantly and always use? What does your experience strongly recommend?

Pros?

Cons?

How and when do you recommend it's application for maximum effectiveness?

Thank you for sharing your insight. :tiphat:

I've tried a few myco products, including Great White..

The only one that's actually proved itself to me is BioAg VAM - I use at every transplant, sprinkled at the bottom of the hole and patted on the root ball to ensure contact with the roots.

Easy to apply and not too expensive.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Well, it definitely has what cannabis is looking for. Plus a little bit of a few others. :)
Glomus intraradices..........104propagules/gm

Drewsif, I looked up WOW and you're right, it's only the myco cannabis uses and nothing else. Thank you again. :)

BombBudPuffa

Veteran
Photosynthesis plus

Pros...incredible growth response in 24 hours. Absolute best product I've tried as far as inoculants go.

Cons...Smells like a fart

Cvh

Supermod
For my Myco's I use this product:

http://www.growcenter-noord.nl/grow-myco-50gr-p-5808.html

Bio Myco of Bio Grow is a mycorrhizal complex supplemented with soil bacteria to be used in the roots of the plant. From different manufacturers, there are various types of mycorrhiza joined together in order to obtain the widest possible range of mycorrhiza strains. The best mycorrhiza have been selected and these are manually mixed in order to obtain an optimum symbiosis of life in the soil. In order to ensure a soil life as well as possible there are special soil bacteria, either rhizobacteria, added.
The combination of mycorrhizal and rhizobacteria guarantees that there is provided a smart start to plant seedlings or cuttings. The mycorrhizal fungi will continue to grow with the root ball from the moment that the spores come into contact with the roots. Bio Myco contains, in addition endomycorrhiza spores and rhizobacteria also seaweed extract, maltodextrin, humic acids, yeast extract, formononetin (0.01%) and clay.
For achieving the best results in the garden, it is necessary Bio Myco to be used as follows:
*For the planting of a plant, the seedling or a cutting, 1-2 grams of Bio Myco applying directly to the roots in the planting hole.

Analyse per gram:
Glomus intradadices (Endomycorrhiza sporen)
Glomus clarum (Endomycorrhiza sporen)
Entrophospora colombiana (Endomycorrhiza sporen)
Glomus sp. (Endomycorrhiza sporen)
Glomus geosporum (Endomycorrhiza sporen)
Glomus mosseae (Endomycorrhiza sporen)
Glomus etunicatum (Endomycorrhiza sporen)
Glomus mosseae (Endomycorrhiza sporen)
Bacillus subtiles (rhizobacteriën)
Paenibacillus azotofixans (rhizobacteriën)
Bacillus pumilus (rhizobacteriën)
Bacillus polymixa (rhizobacteriën)
Bacillus megatrium (rhizobacteriën)
Bacillus lichenifmis (rhizobacteriën)

Cvh

Supermod
And for my bacteria's I use this:

https://www.growcenter-noord.nl/grow-bacto-50gr-p-5807.html

Bacto Bio Bio Grow is a bacterial complex for use in the irrigation water and is specially formulated to stimulate the development of beneficial soil organisms.
Bio Bacto is a soil conditioner with large amounts of rhizobacteria that fix nitrogen in the root area, freeing phosphate and recovering minerals from the decomposition of organic matter. Bio Bacto contains a combination of different types of soil bacteria, either rhizobacteria and Trichoderma fungi in addition to seedlings, young plants, cuttings and to protect vulnerable plants against external attacks. In addition, contains Bio Bacto sugar (dextrose), seaweed extract (Ascophyllum nodosum), maltodextrin, yeast extract, soluble humic extract, 17% humic acids and the natural substance Myconate, which stimulates the development of the added endomycorrhiza tracks. The joint operation of the rhizobacteria and fungi promote plant health by improving soil fertility and increasing availability of minerals in a natural way.
For achieving the best results in the garden, it is necessary Bio Bacto to be used as follows:
Bio Bacto give you approximately 1x weekly note to your plants, where you follow the dosage of 1 gram per liter of nutrient solution. To be used in each phase / stage of the plant. Also, to use Bio Bacto as a boost for your plants. You see that the plants are assisting a day less whether they are subject to different stress conditions than the bacteria provide the plant that extra boost.

Analyse per gram:
Bacillus lichenifmis (rhizobacteriën)
Bacillus megaterium (rhizobacteriën)
Bacillus poymyxa (rhizobacteriën)
Bacillus subtilis (rhizobacteriën)
Bacillus thuringiensis (rhizobacteriën)
Streptomyces griseovirides (actinomyceten)
Trichoderma harzianum (bodemschimmel)

Cvh

Supermod
And I also give a few times some AACT (Actively Aerated Compost Tea) during a grow for Bacteria and Funghi. (Google for funghi dominant compost tea if you want the max in Myco's).

Just fill a nylon stocking with some compost/soil and hang it in a bucket with water with some organic nutes added in and add a aquarium bubbler (uses only like 2-5w). Let it bubble for 24-72 hours.

AACT is as almost free to make!

https://microbeorganics.com/ (This is Microbeman his website, a must read, just brilliant.)
https://www.kisorganics.com/blogs/news/the-ultimate-compost-tea-guide

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Well, it definitely has what cannabis is looking for. Plus a little bit of a few others. :)
Glomus intraradices..........104propagules/gm

Drewsif, I looked up WOW and you're right, it's only the myco cannabis uses and nothing else. Thank you again. :)
Douglas can you elaborate on that?

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
I try to have a compost pile going for teas to inoculate the soil and to mix in before planting.
The stuff Drewsif recommended could speed up the process for decomposing wood chips and building soil.

Latest posts

Latest posts