What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba Kush x PCK

Mountainkush

10 weeks 18/6 from seed and topped many times. Another week and they will go in the flower tent I think. Just waiting for them to gain in height. The one on the right with rounded leaves takes to topping much better than the other which kept trying to pick one main to focus on. Like my PCK did. Both have much more space between nodes than the pure PCK I grew and much more flexible stems.
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi YukonKronic,

Hope you have been enjoying your Bubba Kush x PCK harvest this fall and winter ;)

You are right, there's a good amount of recombinated traits in this double indica hybrid, showing trait variations between the afghani Bubba Kush and the Pakistani regarding plant structure, flower structure, pigmentation and terpenes. This allows growers playing with bigger populations to find the prefered combination of traits between these 2 hashplant strains.

For example, the bud you posted in post #8 has clearly more afghani Bubba influence:

On the other hand this one from your post #18 is clearly a very PCK pheno:

Wish you you found interesting the different genetic combinations that produce thsi indica hybrid. Thanks a lot for your feedback! :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Ditsöwo,

As i explained in previous post, high recombination of traits between Bubba and PCK can be found in this limited edition. Most of the plants produce a pleasant anxiolytic effect that relaxs the body , inducing munchies and sleep, yet with a lucid non introxicating head effect.

The pakistani is slightly more dominant in the hybrid than Bubba, but you can easily find good Bubba looking and tasting phenos by exploring more plants, they can easily be found in 1 or 2 packs. Thank you very much for your feedback and hope you have been enjoying her this Xmas and winter ;)

After a few weeks in the main jar at 62% rh, here is what i have:
Very relaxing effect almost inmediatly, mainly in the body, the mind works fine with it, oposite to speedy sativas that helps for physical work but to me personaly don't let me think straigh, this one relaxes me but despiste one slow down a little i can do math or what ever, makes me hungry but not too sleepy, in resume, deeply relaxing with barely side effects. The taste 😂, i had bad luck, i can't get anything that remind me to bubba Kush, its the same taste y got with some of my (Malawi x PCK) x erdpurt, goes a lot to the PCK side, very fruity, i had the original PCK, Malawi x PCK and violetas and i think i can recognice its flavor, and i know bubba Kush flavor too, maybe if i grow it with bottled nutes or improve my organic gardener skills, but in past runs bottled nutes doesn't change the flavor just makes it stronger. I gave my friend 2 seeds and this is one cut, very good plant and smoke but i wanted the bubba taste 😂 hope that the other one have it

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
10 weeks 18/6 from seed and topped many times. Another week and they will go in the flower tent I think. Just waiting for them to gain in height. The one on the right with rounded leaves takes to topping much better than the other which kept trying to pick one main to focus on. Like my PCK did. Both have much more space between nodes than the pure PCK I grew and much more flexible stems.
View Image

Hi Mountainkush,

Glad to see you are also about to explore this one ;)

Pure indicas (even 100 % indica hybrids) are quite slow in veg and they need longer time than sativas or sativa hybrids to reach a decent size and to produce a strong branching.

As far as i can see in your 2 plants, both seem to be very Bubba dominant phenos (at least based on their growing traits) but with longer nodes and better branching.
We will see what flowering phase brings! Best wishes for the flowering.

Mountainkush

Thanks Dubi,
Those just went to flower on the 14th. I’ll get some better pics when they start to flower. Should be interesting since they look so different in person.

YukonKronic

Hey Dubi thanks for feedback on phenotypes. I found all phenotypes to be pretty interesting with lots of coffee and pine terpenes in the two green phenotypes but was interested in the PCK berry terpenes so kept the two colourful phenotypes thinking they were more likely to exhibit PCK influence.

I found both of the coloured pheno's desirable in their own way with both being effective relaxant and the more purple PCK pheno the most effective in that regard.
I'm happy to say that the pink afghani pheno I judged my favourite for its outstanding berries cream and coffee terpenes and clear headed relaxing and social effect has survived being frozen for hours at -20C and a five minute trip thru -40C to a warm place. Amazing plants.

GT and Kali China didn't make it nor did Zam (or Purps or Animal Cookies.. sigh) but some Zam x Purps and ZamxGuatemala made it as well. It appears the hybrid vigour that Zam brings to crosses can allow some incredible hardiness to develop for tropical plants. A (ZamxPurps) x BKPCK (Purple PCK pheno) also survived but is struggling in recovery.

Ace seeds doesn't play around when they select for vigour and hardiness.

Last edited:

Mountainkush

2 weeks into flower and my bigger one is doing great.
The smaller one on the right in the last picture I posted has started putting out female, male and some mixed preflowers.
Sad to have to trash it after 12 weeks but it gives me more room to spread out the others. Shit happens, time to get high!
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Mountainkush,

I'm very sorry to hear one of your Bubba Kush x PCK went hermie, my apologies.
We didn't find any hermie sign when we tested this F1 indica hybrid years ago
but there's always a very small chance to find an intersexed individual, both Bubba Kush and PCK produce very infrequently offspring with hermie traits, but it can happen.
Please, send me a pm or an email and we will send you a replacement.

The other one in flowering is looking great :) Looks more Bubba Kush dominant at this stage. Best wishes for the rest of the flowering.

Mountainkush

Hi Mountainkush,

I'm very sorry to hear one of your Bubba Kush x PCK went hermie, my apologies.
We didn't find any hermie sign when we tested this F1 indica hybrid years ago
but there's always a very small chance to find an intersexed individual, both Bubba Kush and PCK produce very infrequently offspring with hermie traits, but it can happen.
Please, send me a pm or an email and we will send you a replacement.

The other one in flowering is looking great :) Looks more Bubba Kush dominant at this stage. Best wishes for the rest of the flowering.
Thanks Dubi,
This ones doing great. I really appreciate the offer and I’ll definitely take you up on it. At least it was the small one that went. And it really did give the others room they needed. My Tikal is dragging her ass and taking up a lot of space, but it will be worth it.

StrongTree

Those are getting some pretty colours. The rose sounds cool. Can’t tell what mine smells like yet.
this one got a bit of the classic bubba smell starting to come through...but floral hash thing is still the most noticeable

she's well ripe here at 7 weeks...maybe harvest tomorrow...flowers are hard...mature trichs showing....and the terps are heavenly and the rosy color has spread...this plant has been a joy to grow :biggrin: