What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bangi Haze x Ethiopian regular limited edition

YukonKronic

That site is whack. Albino weed would die without chlorophyll. The pic they show just looks light bleached. There are mutations that cause chlorophyll not to be produced but not over the entire plant or how could it live?

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Looks like that picture got cropped.

Here is what actually looks like the original and not the whole plant seems white:

667122809b2a2dcf2640a3213f8898c3.jpg

Anyway, how would it be flower if the plant wasn't growing anymore. Their statement does not make any sense. The green parts of that picture prove there are still some chloroplasts in them.

In any case, I'll let the plant grows and find out soon enough whether to keep it or not.

Consolidated

Hi BenoitV - just my two cents- my favourite Panama × banji haze, started as trifolietet and changed my mind totally about terps and cannas.

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Ready for sexing, will put the "big" one in the flower room later tonight if I can find some space with that GHxM jungle and repot that rooted cut in a 1 gallon smartpot for a potential mother plant. As you can see, secondary branches are not trifoliate.

Let's hope it's a female, if not, next seed...

attachment.php

Attachments

• P1010313.jpg
    P1010313.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 30

BenoitV1984

Veteran
So that one is a male, I left him at the window under natural light to save some pollen in the freezer.

I sow another a couple days ago and I another trifoliate coming.

Is it happening a lot with this strain?

I'm tempted to sow another one, I have the feeling I'm getting another male :p

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
I have the purps, animal cookies, white widow, ZamxPurps, GT , Guat/Zam, regular Banghi Haze, BKxPCK, Subcools Qleaner, Zam and I think I still have some Northern lights seeds as well as regular Afghani that are hardly worth mentioning considering i have no idea of their quality or provenance... hit me with ideas guys.

sorry if this is so late as to be moot...

but personally i'm looking at bangi haze, eth, honduras, and maybe super malawi haze or even red sapphire, each for their notable caryophyllene content...

perhaps that animal cookies would be a good match for the eth or the bangi haze, considering i see highish caryophyllene content in cookies crosses at dispensaries; og kush, too, but honestly i am not a giant fan of most og kush crosses... the high is not my bag, and truth be told for modern commercial hybrids, i much prefer chem crosses (like stardawg) which tend to have huge caryophyllene content. can you tell what my favorite terp is???

anyway, it might be a way of keeping the sativa oriented high but also the b-caryophyllene content. sativa-chem crosses i've seen i had high hopes for, but they screw up with the terp content imo... none of the chem or awesome aftertaste leftover.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi BenoitV1984,

Guess it depends a lot on the line. Plants producing 3 branches per node are relatively easy to find in Bangi Haze line, although i didn't see this trait much in BH hybrids. Most of the times, the Bangi Hazes seedlings showing this trait were later males, but the trait is also quite common in ErdPurt line (for example) and we have had excellent ErdPurt females showing the 3x trait with more or less consistency during their whole growth, and producing great flowers without hermie traits.

A pity the first Bangi Haze x Ethiopian was a male, i'm sure you will find great females in the rest of the pack :)

BenoitV1984

Veteran
It’s going to be close to sex the second one in the flower room since the Green Haze x Malawi are approaching the finish line. Anyway, if it’s a male, I have enough mothers to find a replacement for the next session and I will find female later when I hunt for a Purple Honduras Haze female.

Looks like I will be able to finally compare my two Tikal phenotypes alongside Killer A5 and Oaxacan x Panama. Maybe I’ll even have a spot left for Panama x Malawi :)

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
bump, not many reports on this... anyone else grow this and can describe the effect?

i really like dubi's description, sounds real nice so far

ArcticHerbsman

Bangi Haze x Ethiopian

Bangi Haze x Ethiopian

Hey Nepalnt21, i grew out three girls of homemade cross and liked the results very much. They both brought their best assets to the cross as far as i could tell. Bangi is fast and stimulating, Ethiopian is kind and healing and the effect they produce together is warm and happy, creative and uplifting. My first impression upon smoking it was that a warm, red light was lit inside me and elevated my spirit. Sounds cheesy now, but especially the Ethiopian i find have this healing aspect that kind of sets your head straight, and this was still there in the cross, but more pronounced even cause of blending with Bangi, i guess. Of course this is subjective experience and difficult to describe from memory, but it did make a very good impression. I have some more growing now, and at the moment its my best candidate for daytime, clean and uplifting smoke, can absolutely recommend it.

This was from just a few plants, so they should be very interesting from Ace with a proper selection for parents. Actually would like to check them out myself, luckily my mailbox is closed for the winter. Heheh:smoke:

All the best!

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot for your positive feedback on your Bangi Haze x Ethiopian :)

I'm also surprised Bangi Haze x Ethiopian has not been more widely grown, it's one of my absolute favorites for daytime smoke as you pointed out, love the warm, uplifting and super well focused effects of this almost pure sativa hybrid.

Just 2 packs left on our website and once they are sold out this limited edition will be commercially discontinued.

ArcticHerbsman

Hehe, made me laugh, thank you, dubi! You are much to kind, and besides the great selection of genetics you are offering, i also thank you a lot for your advice and generosity here in ace section. I been reading here for many years since i discovered ace seeds, and its been most helpful and enjoyable!

Shame that the bangi x ethiopian didnt get more interest, maybe after its been missing for a while demand will come, what to do. Wish you and everyone peaceful holiday and all the best for new year and season.

Samuel Caldwell

Hey friends, it's been awhile. Hope all is well.
I finally got around to my BHxE seeds. I only started two and got one female. Around 4 1/2 weeks of 12/12, she's smelling super sweet.

BHxEfull.jpg

BHxEbud.jpg

​​​​​​​

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great to see you back Bangi Haze x Ethiopian Samuel Caldwell :)
Glad to see you growing this old limited edition and enjoying with her so far, she is really beautiful and advancing fast!