What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Haze x Honduras

Kaskadian

Veteran
I thought I’d chime in really quick to comment that the largest PH x H is over 50cm now! This particular plant went from approximately 12cm to 50cm in under two weeks of 11/13. 10-12cm between nodes. Wild stuff...

I’ll be updating with detailed pictures soon since we are closing in on two weeks since flip. Still no signs of flowering anytime soon.

Kaskadian

Veteran
Guys this is going to be a multi-reply picture heavy evening... we are here at 14 days since flip. I would do this in one post if I could but for picture adding reasons, I'm stuck doing multiple posts -- I will be doing one post per plant to keep things clear and simple. I'm also going to dial this back to once a week picture updates since we have such a long ways to go. No point doing a full update like this every few days. Still feeding 1/4 strength and the rest of the stats remain much the same.

I'd love to hear some feedback regarding potential phenos if anyone has anything they'd like to note. I'm an amateur when it comes to landrace genetics so I'd greatly appreciate any notes regarding structure, potential phenos, etc. <3

A couple group pictures:

Attachments

• group1.jpg
    group1.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 14
  • group2.jpg
    group2.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Kaskadian

Veteran
Purple Haze x Honduras #1

This is by far the largest and "stretchiest" of the 5. Has a strong woody + spicy/sage aroma when rubbed.

Attachments

• phh1-22118.jpg
    phh1-22118.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 14
  • phh1-221182.jpg
    phh1-221182.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 15
  • phh1-221183.jpg
    phh1-221183.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 13

Kaskadian

Veteran
Purple Haze x Honduras #2

Strange pleasant smell.. can't quite put my finger on it. Will update if I can figure this one out.

Attachments

• phh2-221183.jpg
    phh2-221183.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 14
  • phh2-221182.jpg
    phh2-221182.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 13
  • phh2-22118.jpg
    phh2-22118.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Kaskadian

Veteran
Purple Haze x Honduras #3

Spicy incense/fruity smell. Almost like papaya or ripe mango. Very sweet!

Attachments

• phh3-22118.jpg
    phh3-22118.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 10
  • phh3-221182.jpg
    phh3-221182.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 13
  • phh3-221183.jpg
    phh3-221183.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 12

Kaskadian

Veteran
Purple Haze x Honduras #4

Spicy woody smell, not overly potent aroma.

This one had a strange knot develop in one of it's stalks. Everything above the knot was having twisted growth and mutated looking leaves. I'm not quite sure what this was from, but I ended up removing the branch below the knot and everything else seems to be fine. No pests or any other irregularities.

Attachments

• phh4-22118.jpg
    phh4-22118.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 13
  • phh4-221182.jpg
    phh4-221182.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 13
  • phh4-221183.jpg
    phh4-221183.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 12

Kaskadian

Veteran
Purple Haze x Honduras #5

This was the runt of the litter, it's definitely just as vigorous as the rest of the lot! The only plant that was not topped. Beautiful growth, bright tropical citrus smell with floral notes.

Attachments

• phh5-221183.jpg
    phh5-221183.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 13
  • phh5-221182.jpg
    phh5-221182.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 15
  • phh5-22118.jpg
    phh5-22118.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 15

Kaskadian

Veteran
Getting some pre-flowers going on here folks... I'll be the first to admit that I'm garbage at IDing preflowers. I spent many years growing mostly from clones so this is definitely an area in which I need to improve.

If my predictions are right (could absolutely be wrong -- I'm not good at IDing preflowers), it looks like excellent M/F ratios!

PHxH #1
FEMALE *Confirmed 2/26

PHxH #2
FEMALE *Confirmed 2/26

PHxH #3
FEMALE *Confirmed 2/26

PHxH #4
MALE *Confirmed 2/26 + removed from flower room

PHxH #5
FEMALE *Confirmed 2/26

Attachments

• phh1.jpg
    phh1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 12
  • phh2.jpg
    phh2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 15
  • phh3.jpg
    phh3.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 10
  • phh4.jpg
    phh4.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 13
  • phh5.jpg
    phh5.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Kaskadian

Veteran
Evening all,

Calling today day 1 of flower. We have a lot of pistils showing up now. I believe I have 4 females and one that I still can’t determine yet.

I’m not sure exactly how long these will go for, but with purple haze (OT’s Haze) being a 16-20 weeker, and Honduras being a 13-14 weeker I know it’s gonna be a long road. Looking forward to the next 91-140 days.

Happy to have you all along for the ride!

Kaskadian

Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hey folks,

Plant sex is now 100% confirmed on all 5 plants. I ended up with 4 females and 1 male out of my 5 beans. Killer ratios! I chopped down the male in the flower room, but I have two rooted cuttings that I took off of him previously. I may use those rooted cuttings from the male to do a PHxH seed run at a later point.

PHxH #1: Female
PHxH #2: Female
PHxH #3: Female
PHxH #4: Male (removed from flower room)
PHxH #5: Female

Strain:
Purple Haze x Honduras
Germination: 100% (5/5 Popped)
Sex: 4 Female 1 Male (80% Female)
Grow Medium: 70% Coco 30% Perlite
Nutrients: 1/4 Strength Daily
Water: PH'd Tap Water
PH: 5.8
PH Runoff: 5.9
Lighting: 600w HPS
Light Schedule: 11 on 13 off
Temperature: 25.5C/78F

Here's another pic to give you folks an idea of the stretch that's going on.

[/FONT]

Last edited:

Kaskadian

Veteran
Quick update folks:

Plants are doing well, now that we have some buds starting to develop I have increased nutrients to 1/2 strength. This is as high as I plan to take this for the entire grow. N is being kept low and P+K are being kept in moderate doses. They’re getting calcium + magnesium daily.

I will monitor the plants closely in the coming days to make sure they respond well to the increased nutrients.

PPM: 420 (increased from 240)
PH: 5.7
PH Runoff: 5.8
Temps: 25c

I will add some pictures when there is something worth showing. I don’t wanna drive you guys nuts with to many updates.

Cheers!

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
I like the notes its answers all the questions i would have and its organized well i love a neat thread

Kaskadian

Veteran
I like the notes its answers all the questions i would have and its organized well i love a neat thread

Thank you brother! I'm thrilled to be able to do a grow like this and if my notes help anyone else planning on running this cross then I'd be happy.

Kaskadian

Veteran
Attached pictures

Attached pictures

All the Purple Haze x Honduras clones decided they were happy enough in the cloner and are already doing some growing!

:laughing:

Attachments

• roots3418.jpg
    roots3418.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 11
  • cuts3418.jpg
    cuts3418.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Kaskadian

Veteran
Another quickie folks...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Strain: Purple Haze x Honduras
Grow Medium: 70% Coco 30% Perlite
Nutrients: 1/2 Strength Daily
Water: PH'd Tap Water
PH: 5.8
PH Runoff: 5.9
PPM: 410
Lighting: 600w HPS
Light Schedule: 11 on 13 off
Temperature: 25.5C/78F
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Plants are doing really well. They've responded well to moving up to 1/2 dose (400-410 PPM). It's only been a couple days, but my experience with coco growing tells me that I'd have seen some kind of stress by now had they not responded well to the increase.

I just gotta say though... this stretch is unlike anything I could have possibly imagined. Having never grown pure sativas before this has been a truly eye opening experience. When these were flipped to 11/13, they were between 10-15cm (4-6") tall. The largest are now pushing 120cm+ (47"+). It's just crazy... I've never experienced anything like this before. For those looking to take on pure sativas with little to no experience with these strains, do yourself a favor and get them into flower VERY EARLY! Had I waited any longer I would not have room for these plants to develop. My first PHxH popped through the coco 44 days ago. This is how ridiculous these plants can get in 6 weeks... My brother is in town for a visit and was a bit surprised to see how out of control these things have become in such a short time. For height reference my brother is approximately 193cm.

Cheers folks... when we get some more development on the forming bud sites I will try to get some closeup pictures of the action.

Kas

Attachments

• phh34181.jpg
    phh34181.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 10
  • phh3418.jpg
    phh3418.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Stretch3418.jpg
    Stretch3418.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 11
  • phh34182.jpg
    phh34182.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 9

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Kaskadian,

eheheheh things can easily go out of control when growing pure tropical sativas indoors from seed :D You are still on time to prune them ... i know it hurts, but better to top them than end up with the plants overgrowing the tent and the lamp. Don't transplant them again untill they have fully finished the stretching (approx 4-6 more weeks). You can start to increase the feeding, but if the stretching is becoming a problem then you must be careful and add very little nitrogen.

Regarding phenotypes, they look structurally 100 % pure central american sativa, with slightly bigger leaves and stems than Oldtimer's Haze and longer internode length too. The aromas you describe are different blends of the typical Oldtimer's Haze and Honduras aromas in veg. Guess we will need to wait until they are in deep into flowering before starting to confirm phenos.

Thanks for the detailed updates, really appreciate it! :)

Kaskadian

Veteran
Hi Kaskadian,

eheheheh things can easily go out of control when growing pure tropical sativas indoors from seed :D You are still on time to prune them ... i know it hurts, but better to top them than end up with the plants overgrowing the tent and the lamp. Don't transplant them again untill they have fully finished the stretching (approx 4-6 more weeks). You can start to increase the feeding, but if the stretching is becoming a problem then you must be careful and add very little nitrogen.

Regarding phenotypes, they look structurally 100 % pure central american sativa, with slightly bigger leaves and stems than Oldtimer's Haze and longer internode length too. The aromas you describe are different blends of the typical Oldtimer's Haze and Honduras aromas in veg. Guess we will need to wait until they are in deep into flowering before starting to confirm phenos.

Thanks for the detailed updates, really appreciate it! :)

Hi Dubi!

Thanks for the feedback brother! I may end up having to top the two largest; I haven’t seen a lot of additional stretching in the last few days but as you said I still have weeks of growth to take into consideration.

I’ve brought them up to 1/2 strength nutrients, but I’m keeping the nitrogen levels low. They’re still getting moderate levels of P & K with cal/mag every watering. They’ve taken well to the increased nutrients, and I’m hoping they stay happy at this increased dosage. I will monitor them closely.

The plants are lovely to view. They are growing some massive leaves! I haven’t topped any of them since they went into 11/13, do you think lower branches should be removed to help increase yield on primary bud sites? With indica plants and hybrids I typically “lollipop” the plants and remove the lower 1/3-1/2 of growth. I’ve kind of let these plants grow at their own rhythm with the exception of topping them.

Thanks for the advice and encouragement Dubi! :huggg:

Latest posts

Latest posts