What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Year, New Ace Plants: New Golden Tiger, Haze x Hond., Pan Haze, Skunk Haze x GT

deepwaterdude

So I'm a soil guy, try to keep it soil + water only with a little fish emulsion/kelp extract as needed. Im too lazy for the work of making teas and stuff. I do throw down BioBizz's humic acid during flower and also cal-mag for a few specific calcium thirsty strains I have. My soil is just recycled soil, after I finish flowering I add guano, kelp meal, alphalfa meal & compost/ewc while it rests in a bin in a warm closet. I introduce coco + perlite as needed. I keep about half my soil in pots growing plants, other half rests in a bin in the closet letting the amendments settle and microbial life build up. Using this tactic I always have a batch of soil ready to flower.

Works for me. I've never tried hydro, closest I've done was coco... stuff grows too fast for me. By that I mean it can get out of hand with sick plants so quick. This method is more work upfront.. but pretty much smooth sailing.

:tiphat: thanks for dropping by dwd, and thanks for taking an interest!

NC

Hey, Man, I appreciate you taking the time to give your recipe. Very inspiring in its simplicity and obvious donk-producing effect on the plants. If I can just get my pH right for the rest of my grow I'll be happy;)

Ncali

Veteran
Gypsum and/or sulpomag are also needed, forgot to mention that. Little bit goes a long way, absolutly essential. Calcium and sulfur are super important! (And mg for coco, don't need as much mg if one where to use peat moss instead of coco coir)

DWD im really happy to share info. Peeps make organic soil such a hard complicated thing sometimes. Cheap stuff can be had, & I dont need a laundry list of stuff either. Kelp, alfalfa, a phosphorus source, some compost as a fresh source of microbes, humates (humic/fulvic acid to facilitate phosphorus availability, to stop P bombing soil), and trace mineral stuff like a little extra (1) calcium and (2) sulfur for: (1) cell development (2) organic compounds (terps!!!). Good kelp pretty much has the rest of the trace minerals(And a bit of humates I've been told). Good quality, old compost will have humates too. Extra mg for the coco coir, which I like better than peat. Perlite is to airate, a very little amount is needed though. I use just enough to avoid anaerobic conditions near the bottom center of my fabric pots.

That isn't info I developed at all. I just listened to smarter farmers than I, then did my best to duplicate their best practices to the best of my ability in a simple way. I dont have weeks of time to invest in soil batch production. I could mix my stuff and immediately throw seedlings in there no problems at all. Or flower. Or veg old moms. Whatever, it's all good. It's cheaper than buying bottled nutes, around a half dozen things on the list, better quality & easier.

I'd rather spend my $ on beans (ask dubi)

:tiphat:
NC

Last edited:

deepwaterdude

Gypsum and/or sulpomag are also needed, forgot to mention that. Little bit goes a long way, absolutly essential. Calcium and sulfur are super important! (And mg for coco, don't need as much mg if one where to use peat moss instead of coco coir)

DWD im really happy to share info. Peeps make organic soil such a hard complicated thing sometimes. Cheap stuff can be had, & I dont need a laundry list of stuff either. Kelp, alfalfa, a phosphorus source, some compost as a fresh source of microbes, humates (humic/fulvic acid to facilitate phosphorus availability, to stop P bombing soil), and trace mineral stuff like a little extra (1) calcium and (2) sulfur for: (1) cell development (2) organic compounds (terps!!!). Good kelp pretty much has the rest of the trace minerals(And a bit of humates I've been told). Good quality, old compost will have humates too. Extra mg for the coco coir, which I like better than peat. Perlite is to airate, a very little amount is needed though. I use just enough to avoid anaerobic conditions near the bottom center of my fabric pots.

That isn't info I developed at all. I just listened to smarter farmers than I, then did my best to duplicate their best practices to the best of my ability in a simple way. I dont have weeks of time to invest in soil batch production. I could mix my stuff and immediately throw seedlings in there no problems at all. Or flower. Or veg old moms. Whatever, it's all good. It's cheaper than buying bottled nutes, around a half dozen things on the list, better quality & easier.

I'd rather spend my $ on beans (ask dubi)

NC

Sounds simple, but once you scratch the surface there's a lot of wisdom from experience there.
I'm working up another bean order, even if I could use a small break. Can't help myself! Worse than smoking:biggrin:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi NCali,

Glad you are starting to notice the improvement done in the 2nd Golden Tiger feminized version compared with the first older Golden Tiger regular release ;)

Happy that you also appreciate the qualities of our Panama Goddess parental plant, as you well know she does magic in outcrosses and her introduction into Panama breeding has been a major refinement and improvement in the line.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Great Grow Ncali ! Your ladies are looking lovely, keep it going my friend.

DeepWaterDude, Buying seeds is seriously addicting and enjoyable. I'm waiting on a couple packs now. They make my search in my mailbox exciting! I'm pretty sure my last order is going to be a re order next payday. Some beans you just need more of. I hope there is plenty of the Auto Malawi's too. I need two packs of them as well. Peace

Ncali

Veteran
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

So things are progressing nicely in the garden. The Chang Mai are female, mostly lol. One threw a nice set of preliminary big ol' ball sacks, plucked them and the rest of the gonads are female. If more balls come, I will cull it. This is par for the course in Thai genetics. Small price to pay for a lovely end result, very Thai expressions these two!

attachment.php

Pan haze = beefy buds
attachment.php

attachment.php

Skhz x gt very frosty already, great resin production
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180220_120200.jpg
    20180220_120200.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 9
  • 20180220_120229.jpg
    20180220_120229.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20180220_120254.jpg
    20180220_120254.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20180220_120318.jpg
    20180220_120318.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 9

Ncali

Veteran
Green Haze x Honduras, should be an epic plant. Wonderful cross, the Green Haze flower timeline seems to be sped up a bit. Great looking bud structure too.

attachment.php

Golden Tiger Gen2 fem, so lovely. Thai calyx on Malawi structure, lovely

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180220_120349.jpg
    20180220_120349.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20180220_120424.jpg
    20180220_120424.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 18

Ncali

Veteran
Sorry for lack of updates. I'll update more this weekend with a good camera.

Here's just a teaser of sk Hz x gt

attachment.php

attachment.php

The Chang Mai x mal should probably be only grown outdoors. These two plants are way too big.

attachment.php

Again I'll have a full detailed thread update in 24 hours time!!

NC

Attachments

• 20180226_175800.jpg
    20180226_175800.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20180302_184302.jpg
    20180302_184302.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20180302_184212.jpg
    20180302_184212.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 7

Kaskadian

Veteran
Incredible work! Can’t wait to see the rest of the pictures this weekend, thanks for the teaser.

Ncali

Veteran
Panama Haze update

Panama Haze update

Thank you for the kind words fellas, and pardon for the lack of attention to this thread.

So this is a very fast growing plant, shes at about 9 weeks and I suspect 2 more weeks before she is fully mature. This was a lot faster than I thought, she is a very 'Panama' phenotype. I will probably enjoy this plant and continue to search for a more even haze expression. Smells are of lemon, incense and sharp acrid, metal terps.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• panhzwhole.jpg
    panhzwhole.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 16
  • pznhzbud1.jpg
    pznhzbud1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 14
  • panhaz2.jpg
    panhaz2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 15
  • panhzbud3.jpg
    panhzbud3.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 14
  • panhzbud4.jpg
    panhzbud4.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Ncali

Veteran
Skunk Haz x GT 1&2

Skunk Haz x GT 1&2

So the skunk haze gt hybrids are fantastic looking plants, they need more veg time to really yeild though. They stretch about 2.5x, they smell like fruity skunks. Think Pepe 'Le Pew and the Koolaid Man had a love child... its lovely. They are pretty fast, probably another 1-2 weeks also, a total of about 10 weeks? That's fast for GT plants, I think one may need a week or two longer than the other. The fruitier smelling (more like the skhz mom) is the faster and lower yielding plant.

Plant 1
attachment.php

attachment.php

Plant 2
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• skhzgt2-2.jpg
    skhzgt2-2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 11
  • skhzgt2-1.jpg
    skhzgt2-1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 15
  • skhzgt1-2.jpg
    skhzgt1-2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 10
  • skhzgt1-1.jpg
    skhzgt1-1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 11

Ncali

Veteran
Green haze x Honduras

Green haze x Honduras

So I really like the bud development of this plant. With haze hybrids sometimes you get that wispy bud that's a pain to trim, a pain to grind, all your friends look at you sideways like you don't know how to grow weed (because if it doesn't look like it does in the dispensary, it must be shit right? :laughing:). This stuff is aesthetically pleasing to my eye, its smells are very subtle, spice and incense so far. She has a long way to go, she's about 8 weeks in, starting to drink very heavily:dance013:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• greenhz x hond 3.jpg
    greenhz x hond 3.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 15
  • greenhz x hond 1.jpg
    greenhz x hond 1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 15
  • greenhz x hond 2.jpg
    greenhz x hond 2.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 15

Ncali

Veteran
Golden Tiger f2

Golden Tiger f2

This Golden Tiger is BEAST. She is so solid in bud production, and manageable in stretch, smells like orange + vanilla + earth. I really am enjoying this plant Dubi. I still really enjoy both my first gen female buds (the effect is one of my favorite creeper buds) and the offspring of the first gen male looks so killer. But, these second generation plants are lovely to grow and I suspect will turn into killer end product. 9 weeks in, and very many to go.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The Thai Chang Mai x Malawi, her step sister, is a rough ride for my indoor space. I don't have the heart to share pictures yet. These plants should not be grown indoors in my humble opinion, oh my god. Unbelievably vigorous and large. Even under 400w of light, and a MH light such that it normally restricts the flower stretch, she is growing so vertically. I bent her, pinched her, straight up cut a b***h down, and yet no stopping this crazy girl. She's also ultra long flowering. It should be interesting, I dont know if it will be a successful grow for these girls, sorry dubi. A different set up, preferably outdoors, will make these girls shine. Beautiful, amazing genes, & to me it is disrespectful to not show them in their full potential.

Thank you guys for your patience. I have been inattentive in both keeping this thread up to date, and keeping up in the numerous good grows going on here at ACE. Time to surf some threads!

NCali

Attachments

• GT3.jpg
    GT3.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 13
  • GT2.jpg
    GT2.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 13
  • GT1.jpg
    GT1.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

oldbootz

Veteran
Haha Ncali

Dont get too bothered by how plants look. Its all just an experiment with the genetics in different environments and sometimes plants vigor and stretch can catch you by surprize. Especially if you are used to 99% of seedbank plants that stretch 30% and you drop some thai malawi with 400% stretch. The honduras x haze looks quite productive, should be a good yield!

deepwaterdude

Wow, Ncali, very healthy girls, and fast! Appreciate the update. Digging the Green Haze x Honduras and GT, very nice. And 1 difficult girl out of the bunch you got is still a great ratio!

Ncali

Veteran
Greetings icmag friends:)

Thank you for the kind words & encouragement everyone! I will cave and give a photographic exhibit of what I was alluding to in my previous posts. Here is a photo side by side comparison of two gene pools, as seen through four plants. These four plants entered the flower room in the same week.

These two skhz x gt were planted at the same time as...

attachment.php

attachment.php

... these two Thai Chang Mai x Malawi girls.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Just a fun illustration of worked modern lines vs more "wild" gene pools I guess. These two Thai Chang Mai x Malawi are bent over via LST, the 'tops' shown are actually side branches. They are hungry as hell. The first pic will probably finish indoors, the second plant is probably not viable for my indoor grow space and my time window. She just keeps stretching. . .

They are fun to play with and grow, eternally grateful Dubi.

Have a blessed weekend all!

NC

Attachments

• 20180309_175954.jpg
    20180309_175954.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20180309_175852.jpg
    20180309_175852.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20180309_175918.jpg
    20180309_175918.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 10