What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Favorite grow podcasts old or new

beta

Veteran
I have to say that today I listened to the single best episode of a podcast ever!

Tad really had great guest on KIS Organics cannabis cultivation and science podcast. And it was all science that we ALL NEED TO HEAR.

Great info on drying and curing, lights, humidity, lollipopping. Best science backed info we have specific to cannabis.

https://www.kisorganics.com/pages/cannabis-cultivation-and-science-podcast-episode-43

From KIS podcast description:
Dr. Allison Justice
Allison graduated from Clemson University with a Ph.D. in Plant and Environmental Science. During her time at Clemson, Allison taught greenhouse management to undergraduate students, where they focused on organic methods and production. Allison’s dissertation involved investigating the effects of a beneficial mycorrhizal type organism (Piriformospora india), where she learned that organic, sustainable growing can be easy, cost-effective, and produce aesthetically pleasing plants when done properly. Through research, Allison is elevating the standards of cannabis cultivation both indoors and in greenhouse settings. Allison also is a partner of a 40 acre hemp farm and large scale extraction facility in South Carolina.
Dr. Justice has been appointed to the California Industrial Hemp Advisory Board, through May of 2020. She was also named one of "40 Under 40 in Cannabis" by Marijuana Venture Magazine.

I listened to this episode before I saw your post and I agree 100% - Definitely in the top 3 cannabis related podcast episodes I've ever listened to from any show.

Handlebar

I listened to this episode before I saw your post and I agree 100% - Definitely in the top 3 cannabis related podcast episodes I've ever listened to from any show.
I was coming in here to mention this podcast in general. Great one.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd

Just to further the thread - Beta, what are your other favorite single episodes?

It's really hard for me to pick a favorite other than this one. I can't think of another episode that had so much valuable information.

I usually like breeder interviews - you learn alot about their grow styles, and methods, and what they were looking for in a certain strain.
We all can't use every technique we here from a breeder or another grower because alot of things just don't work as well in our specific setup, but that's why I like to listen to so many different interviews- I can learn, pick and choose techniques that work for my grow.

I've learned alot from interviews of Duke Diamond, Mr Soul, Colin Bell, Jeff Lowenfields, microbe man, DJ short, I could go on and on.

Mitch from the Adam Dunn show used to really plan good questions to ask when cannabis experts or scientist came on the show. There are a few early interviews that were excellent.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Kis organics came out with an interview with Jeff Lowenfels for their 50th episode.
Author of Teaming with Nutrients, Teaming with Microbes, Teaming with Fungi. Lowenfels is coming out with a new book this year.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I've added another podcast to my subscription list.

Homegrown Helpers. Rob Smith the creator of Atlas Plant Trainers interviews different growers.

It's a spin off of GrowCast, which has gotten alot better in the past months.

Anyone else listening to anything new?

MedFaced

Other than being completely wrong about coco being the best medium...that is a great episode...even for us Guatemalan child batshit mining enablers.:biggrin:

Good info indeed. Thanks CR!

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Other than being completely wrong about coco being the best medium...that is a great episode...even for us Guatemalan child batshit mining enablers.:biggrin:

Good info indeed. Thanks CR!

Dudes got alot of coco grow info on his website. I actually ordered the book for ten bucks. All of the info is online but I wanted a copy in paper form.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
[YOUTUBEIF]https://youtu.be/2xy-wKEUG8s

[/YOUTUBEIF]This was a good talk with Jim Freire on The Adam Dunn Show.
I think I may just stick to dry sift for a while.

SuperBadGrower

My recent favorite grow podcasts:

Cheap Home Grow has decent interviews and really enjoyable panel shows. Spartan Grown and CanCann always hit the nail on the head (edit: beginners, listen to these guys' advice!). Don't let the name fool you, it's not just about cheap growing (actually, it almost never is). "Growing with my fellow growers" is the panel show, and there are also shows with some breeders and UK growers

GML show is always nice, very experienced grower panel

GrowCast has some interesting interviews

You can find them on youtube

Last edited:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Thanks, I'll check that out.

I've been listening to homegrown helpers. Sort of a spin-off of growcast.

Also just found cannabis science podcast. (Not from KIS)

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Just listened to a great episode from growcast.

https://castbox.fm/x/1m4ei

Stephen Raisner (from growing with fishes podcast) had some interesting info on plants turning purple during the "fade". Says molybdenum levels should be around .5 - 1ppm for proper purpling.

Drewsif

Kis organics came out with an interview with Jeff Lowenfels for their 50th episode.
Author of Teaming with Nutrients, Teaming with Microbes, Teaming with Fungi. Lowenfels is coming out with a new book this year.

What's it called, Playing with Protozoa? Neeming with nematodes? Lowenfels is a fraud.