What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Favorite grow podcasts old or new

beta

Veteran
Thanks so much, great link, do you know where to find episode 1 to 6 ? I just downloaded at least 10 episodes to listen to while I work today!

Subscribe to the show in your podcatcher of choice, the old episodes are available in the podcast feed.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Thought I would update. I regularly listen to several podcasts now. I'm going to do a little review of some of casts I listen to.

THIS IS ALL JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION.

While I am Subscribed to several podcasts, There are definitely podcasts that I don't listen to every episode.

Here is what I podcast I am currently subscribed to: Cannabis Cultivation & Science Podcasts by KIS Organics, CannaInsider, Dude Grows Show, Growcasts, Free Weed with Danny Danko,
Let's Smoke Cannabis, Marijuana Today Daily, NCIA Cannabis Industry Voice, Oregon Buds, Shaping Fire, The Adam Dunn Show, Great Moments in Weed History, Grow Green Podcast, The Potcast

All have their own strengths and weaknesses.
I'll give a summary of a few and later I'll come back for my thoughts on others.

I have listened to every episode of two: kis organics, and the Potcast( minus the heirloom Genetics episode that won't download or play.) They are by far the most informative. They really go in to detail. And if one of your favorite cannabis growers, breeders, or soil gurus hasn't been interviewed, then they surely will be soon.
Both of these guys are excellent interviewers and the sound engineers are on point!

Adam Dunn show I listen to every new episode for the past year or so and I'm working my way thru the archive.
Like Adam himself says, his show is the opposite format of the Potcast, and KIS.
No real structure- just guys talking everything weed. But Adam has been in the game for years- you know his strains- he knows everyone and likes to get EVERYBODY'S side of the story when it comes to the origins and histories of strains.
Adam show is recorded live and it shows. They seem to have a lot of sound or connection problems, but such is life when recording live.

There are a lot of nugs of info scattered out thru the episode, but like stated no show structure.

They usually have a show every Friday, but have only released three shows since April 15th. I'm sure their 4-20 is hectic.

The Dude Grows Show-
They by far put out the most episodes.
Sometimes two episodes per weekday- One grow talk cast and one culture cast. I myself am more interested the grow talk so I listen to every new grow episode and will listen to the "wake and bake" episode only when something looks interesting in the description.

The Dude, Scotty, and Guru are growers. Guru knows his shit. He seems like an encyclopedia when it comes to indoor.

Scotty slings his product Recharge pretty hard. No fault there, I would too in his position. Couple of weeks ago I heard him say he didn't know the advantage of adding amino acids to a plant, and Guru had to remind him that there are aminos in his product Recharge.

I've heard Dude and Scotty say that they are no experts, but that is what the show is for- To have a place to learn. They have a wealth of knowledge from members of the community on their website.

They sometimes have excellent interviews: Jordan from Auto flower.net, Mr Soul from Brothers Grimm (though the latest Soul interview won't work on their website nor Castbox), Jeff lowenfels, etc.

I gotta go for now, but I'll try to get back for some more reviews.

zif

Veteran
I hate to be negative, but one serious con re: The Potcast is that Heavy Dayze has a very poor understanding of plant breeding.

When he's asking questions about history, culture, personal experience, etc., he does a great job. When he gets into breeding specifics, it usually gets embarrassing fast. :puke:

It's too bad, because if he took some time to learn the actual basics of traditional plant breeding (and not on instagram!), he could be making an incredible podcast.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I hate to be negative, but one serious con re: The Potcast is that Heavy Dayze has a very poor understanding of plant breeding.

When he's asking questions about history, culture, personal experience, etc., he does a great job. When he gets into breeding specifics, it usually gets embarrassing fast. :puke:

It's too bad, because if he took some time to learn the actual basics of traditional plant breeding (and not on instagram!), he could be making an incredible podcast.

Don't worry about being negative. Critique away!

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Free weed with Danny Danko has rebooted after 2 1/2 year hiatus. Put out by High Times, and we all have our own feelings bout HT, but there is some info there

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
CannaInsider-
Each episode is basically an advertisement for a different product or service in our industry. Don't let that steer you away- without sponsors we wouldn't have great podcasts. There some great interviews, and we all need to learn about new tech.

Matthew Kind can conduct a great interview.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Man thankfully I stumbled on this hitting the "new post" tab...

Listening to the DudeGrows stuff on youtube now...
Just started watching Adam Dunn stuff on youtube.. Definitely some quality knowledge on there. I just cant deal with the HORRIBLE quality.. They need help with their upload game for sure..
The best gems ive found is Kevin Jodrey stuff, and Smoking with Swami...
The quality is great with kevin, most of smoking with swami has horrible audio..

Try Smoking with Swami, and wonderland nursery\kevin jodrey on Youtube.

I woulda never knew cannatonic and the cbd strains came from a accidental analyzing of g13 x haze for spannabis if it wasnt for ole smoking with swami.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I have watched the first 8 or so episodes of Talking Cannabis. Guests include: Mel Frank, Todd McCormick, Sam the Skunkman, Tom Alexander, Kenny Morrow, Etienne Fontaine and more!

Does anyone else know of any Sam the Skunkman podcasts or interviews?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Try Smoking with Swami said:
I looked up Swami. Haven't watched any yet but I noticed a Dragonfly Earth Medicine episode. I usually love their interviews.
Thanks for the info!

Mr.Miner

Cool, thank you for the link over here!
That's a great list you have compiled. There's hours and hours of great listening. I love checking them out while walking my dog after work or while driving, doing chores, etc. We have come a long way since old-school radio for sure. The choices are really amazing.

The Potcast has a couple of episodes that I listen to quite a bit. The 2-part interview with Bodhi is really excellent, as well as the Bob Hemphill one. They are both amazing breeders and so cool and open and honest. It's a real pleasure to listen to them.
Thanks again! Subbed to this thread for sure.

zif

Veteran
Have you watched Hash Church at Bubbleman's World on youtube? Sam appears in almost every episode!

And Chimera on occasion as well.

I have watched the first 8 or so episodes of Talking Cannabis. Guests include: Mel Frank, Todd McCormick, Sam the Skunkman, Tom Alexander, Kenny Morrow, Etienne Fontaine and more!

Does anyone else know of any Sam the Skunkman podcasts or interviews?

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Man.... thanks for sharing the "talking cannabis"..... Getting to hear Sam the skunkman's voice finally... Such a great experience.... Turned on some crosby stills & nash and listened to the full 2 hours with my young ass and went back in time before i was even born.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Man.... thanks for sharing the "talking cannabis"..... Getting to hear Sam the skunkman's voice finally... Such a great experience.... Turned on some crosby stills & nash and listened to the full 2 hours with my young ass and went back in time before i was even born.

No prob. I had been wanting to hear him as well.
I heard that there is a recording of Sam, Rob Clarke, Adam Dunn, and others in a panel discussion.
Anybody have a link or know where I could find that?

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Something that also took my education/knowledge game to next level recently was when I saw a comment on youtube where someone said they loved that the other person was following the same channels that he was. so I clicked to see, and he was following almost like 100 channels! I didn't know so many even existed and had followed maybe 5 of them already. So I subscribed to a good 20-30 of the biggest ones that had over 1K subscribers and now my feed has so many new videos. Just another good medium that not everyone might be thinking about, many of the podcast guys also have channels.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Started listening to "The Real Dirt with Chip Baker"

I love the Mr. Soul interviews. I have heard him tell the origin story before, but but any aspiring breeders out there need to hear this

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Let's Smoke Cannabis Podcast
This is really for a very beginner.
Everywhere has to start somewhere, and if you know nothing about growing, this is the very start.

One of the guys has never grown before, and the other podcasters walk him through his first grow.

This one has it's place, just not really for advanced growers

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I wrote in an earlier post that the Adam Dunn show hadn't put out new episodes in a while... Apparently that is just on Castbox, because when I went to YouTube, there were several shows that I hadn't seen.

Latest posts

Latest posts