What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

QuestA

You are going on a walk, there is no place to hide, you dont get a minute to be alone, want to be every second witness, and you can do shit to this, SHE dont like it either, dont blame me, need finally peace of mind..

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I's so stoned, I just found myself thinking about drying with some light so they eat their dinner.

I'm so stoned, I just came round as the screen timed out. I thought that was an hour...

I'm so stoned, I think I might have narcolepsy

G

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbgv7ntfRUQ

[YOUTUBEIF]mbgv7ntfRUQ[/YOUTUBEIF]
Massive Shockwave - Everest region Avalanche

Used to occasionally watch avalanches bring down large areas of snow from the sides of the mountains in Valdez ("Alaska's Little Switzerland"). I would see them best from my office window. True force.

One of Conoco-Phillips corrupt Alaska CEOs, Jim Bowles, died in an avalanche while the feds were looking at him for a conspiracy indictment re. the bribing of our legislators by Bill Allen of VECO.

Avalanche saved he and his company from what would've likely been a big story about who was in on the bribery with Bill Allen. Wish the avalanche had left him for the courts.

But yeah, water, whether tidal waves, or avalanches, is a force to be reckoned with, but beautiful from a safe distance.

G

I received a relatively inexpensive Chinese laboratory ceramic cook top, with magnetic stirrer. The stirrer (if activated) only goes down to 100 rpm, at the slowest. Fortunately, I don't really need the 'stir' function. Tough it might be nice later..

The rheostat for heat seems fickle as all hell.

Trying now, in a 71 degree room in the house, to find a specific setting for 200 f. to 210 f., to mark that spot with a Sharpie.

So far, my interest in internet or forum has allowed sufficient time to not check it's somewhat unpredictable temps with an IR heat gun every 30 seconds, but it is definitely a fickle device.

The most annoying feature thus far, is they seem to have coated the shiny cook-top surface with some sort of finish (?) that when it reached into the 300-375 f. range, put off a putrid (possibly toxic) odor & smoke.

Brought back memories of the toxic Chinese-sourced pet foods, and the children's toys that were found to have lead paint on them.

I'll cook it off for a while, and, if the thing continues to be a PiTA, for the ~$50 I have into it, I can donate it, or return it to the sender.

There's good used equipment on-line, at a store I have since located, including cooking glass and ceramic laboratory cook-tops (with excellent, adjustable stir function), for about 2.5 times the cost, but bona fide gear, and probably doesn't emit toxins when turned on.

I think the extra $80- or so in cash would've been worthwhile.