What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Potent, Mold resistant strain for Northern growers?

Gizmo

i forgot KC Brains seeds ! very cheap regular and fems seeds available and just for fun "i think i'm gonna have to go supersize" :biggrin:
( Super Size Me documentary reference)

I read good things about KC33 and Leda Uno, Spontanica and TNR seems very interesting too.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

St. Phatty

c

But generally, after growing many many strains, Dinafems Blue Widow is the fastest finishing, earliest finishing, biggest and most potent plant ive grown in 16 yrs of buying outdoor seeds.

I just grew one Blue Widow, really liked it. Meds disappeared FAST.

budchopper

kaalashnikov original

kaalashnikov original

Has anyone tried any seeds from Kalashnikov seeds? they seem to have some really great strains that is made for the northern outdoor grower. they are only 24$ for a 3 pack of Fem seeds. i think it will be worth a shot to just see if they are a hidden gem. i know i found one this year with the incredible bulk. when i bought it there was no threads at all that i could find about it for any guerilla growers but i took the chance and bought 1 single seed from herbies and Wow what a winner it is.here is the strain that has peaked my interest:

Tuned by five years of efforts to cross breed an AK phenotype with Altai Sativa strains, Kalashnikov Original is a very strong strain with extreme resistance to the elements, mold, fungi and humidity. Kalashnikov Originals quality is reliable and stable; the crop is very fruitful and productive in terms of final product. The flowering takes 55 to 65 days and the plant is very much resistant to October cold, when the peak of the crop's blooming (if growing outdoors) takes place. Doesn't require extensive care of any sorts, just the basic stuff any grower can provide.

yes it is good outdoor plant,hardy and not prone to mold..can get
real big if you treat it right..however late in maturity ripe buds should be protected from heavy rain with tarp or plastic cover, which
of course needs to be removed asap when rain stops..you got greenhouse then you are golden..

Cox Jared

Ace seeds rocks. Grew their oriental express - kick your ass trippy high, grew outdoor in Hawaii wet shitty condtions. Held up no mold

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ancient OG, is nice..I've run Super Silver Haze SSH/SSDH in very "moist" conditions and extremely resistant to PM, pest's..and yields HUGE w/ excellent potency..still a favorite of old school growers here in the 831!

Good growing!

Manivelle

Veteran
thank you mega.
seems it out of stock everywhere. their catalog has changed a lot since last time i checked it may be 3 years ago. and the price too :) . things are going fast these days.
too fast for me i'd say . i think i'll wait till this lady come to me by herself. the gentic seems interesting . i'm going to dig for some grow report. by the name i thank it an old og line from old school growers.. but it catch my curiosity.

Cloud Dancing

Did someone mentioned any danish genetics? If it comes to cold climate/fast finishing/ mold resistance strains they're hard to beat in my opinion.

Danish Gold, Royal Dane, leb27, b3n7 to mention just a few.

Manivelle

Veteran
danish and canadian are the best for mold resistant strain. i'm sure i have already mentioned them somewhere on the forum

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
But generally, after growing many many strains, Dinafems Blue Widow is the fastest finishing, earliest finishing, biggest and most potent plant ive grown in 16 yrs of buying outdoor seeds.

Grows to 10'. Yields 1-2lbs and is finished in all of her fruity goodness by sept 20. ....and with potency thats acceptable. I grow it for commerical reasons because its yeilds so big so fast and the patients beat my door down for it.

I have 1 freebie seed of Dinafems Blue Widow. May just pop it now to get it outside with the quickness.
The GG#4 did very well outdoors in Massachusetts. Finished by Oct 5th.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

'Boogieman'

I have 1 freebie seed of Dinafems Blue Widow. May just pop it now to get it outside with the quickness.
The GG#4 did very well outdoors in Massachusetts. Finished by Oct 5th.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Blue Widow is my staple outdoor strain. I have grown it every year since 2012. It finishes early October to mid October at the very latest with a great yeild and good potency.

I'm looking for new outdoor strains with potent effects that finish relatively early. I'm also trying Durban Poison, Bangi haze, pineapple chunk, and special queen #1 this year.

therevverend

Veteran
A lot of these strains are solid outdoor strains but finish too late for a real northern grower, north of 45 degrees N. KC Brains has some nice phenos but his strains were too variable for me. Leda Uno is a good one and had decent mold resistance. The problem was that the finish time was variable and I had a Spontanica in my Leda Uno seed that finished in late October and molded like crazy. In the north if your strain doesn't finish exactly when it's suppose to it's a lost year.

Royal Kush has been a good one for me. Finishes by Oct 1, at a lower latitude Sept 20. Good not great mold resistance I've harvested it before the autumn rains hit. The last few years it's the one strain that's consistently finished early enough along with large high yielding plants that put out big mold free colas.

Mine is a Fort Bragg clone crossed with a Mendocino diesel type male. I believe Royal Kush is available in seed form from G13 labs. Haven't tried their version I'm curious what it's like if it's good I might have to pick up a pack to cross with my version.

Latest posts

Latest posts