What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Using Clonex Solution and Roots Excelurator in EZ Clone Machine

Hey All.

Thought I would throw this out there.

EZ Clone 30......holds about 6 gallons of water the way I do it.

I normally use 6 gallons of water + 24 tsp Clonex Solution and have bangin roots in 7-10 days.

This time, I thought I would add a lil RE. So this time it was,

6 gallons water + 24 tsp Clonex Solution + 6 mL Roots Excelurator.

I am here to report that I noted NOTHING different at all. No positive and no negative effects. Still had roots that were real nice as always in 7-10 days. Couple strains that are slower to root were still slower to root.

Next time, I will save my money and just use Roots Excelurator in my nute feedings.

:tiphat:

M

Mr. Mountain

I have used Clonex, and Power Clone. Both work, but imo I get better results with Power Clone. It is very expensive, but even hard to root strains or woody cuttings quickly sprout massive white root growth.

Give it a try, I did and have never looked back. My 2 EZ 60 and EZ 120 are Power Clone only!

Mr. M

S

snuggles

Pure water will root just fine in 7-10 days. Even w/o the cloner. Why use any products?

100% agree!
i couldn't notice any improvements through clonex in comparison to pure ph-balanced water at the rooting process in my cloner. it can improve rooting with rockwool, hortis ect.
but as long as temperatur, ph and ec are on correct levels for the young clones they will root just fine and not longer or faster than with any magic wondersolution additionally thrown in.

rgds,
snuggles

I hear you guys on plain water. But I think using Clonex Solution in the cloner, you get more roots than had you just used water. Also, when using just water, or a weaker Clonex solution, I have noted yellowing in the lil ones while in the machine. They were green when I cut em.

So, IMO, you get a few more roots and maybe a seemingly healthier clone using the Clonex.

JMO tho ;)

Doesn't surprise me about the house and garden. I won't use it because they won't tell you whats in it. Clonex isn't to bad, I have used it before, to be honest with you though, its just an even more watered down than most nutrient solution. I would recommend Dyna Gro KLN, to anyone using a cloning machine. It has both the important rooting hormones in it IBA and NAA, and it also has B1 which may or may not be helpful. I can't believe how much they charge for clonex, which is mostly water. Do yourself a favor, use your normal veg nutrients and water them down yourself.

HSNORML

I just finished a crop of cuttings using a clone King and KLN rooting solution and about a little more than two weeks the cuttings were well rooted.
Kevin Gorman Executive Director
NORML (High Sierra Chapter)

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
I've been using KLN in my homemade aerocloner for 3 years almost nonstop. I turn it off every couple months for a half hour to change out water, kln and pucks. KLN FTW!