What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The hemp seed hub: A thread for those who seek seeds and infos on hemp

sadpanda

ellis haha thats awesome!!! ive just discovered TLC myself so im excited for you that youre able to scour through hemp for gems :) :)

Very cool to find this thread! Industrial hemp seed is not difficult to find if you possess a valid grower's license/registration.

We've been working on unique hemp varieties for a couple years now and provide seed to registered growers in US states with active industrial hemp programs. All varieties we produce are below 0.3% THC when using approved testing protocols and when sampled 30 days before harvest--final CBD % ranges between 10%-15% depending on variety. All CBD:THC ratios are 20:1+, with some lines producing outliers that hit 60:1+.

picture.php
picture.php

We have some exciting lines for growers in 2017, including non-Finola related autoflowering varieties that can yield over 5 tons per acre in a season (two harvests a summer on 1' centers), CBG predominant varieties, and CBC predominant varieties. Our 2017 releases are 100% feminized in order to promote peaceful coexistence between hemp farmers and the large rec / medical grows present in our state (Oregon).

picture.php

Very cool to find this thread! Industrial hemp seed is not difficult to find if you possess a valid grower's license/registration.

What country are you in ?

Easier said then done. Although I'm in Canada and Industrial hemp production is fairly common it requires a minimum 10 acre plot amung other things and all I really want is a plant here and there and a collection in the fridge. The 'approved varieties' are great but limiting. I have a number of multi-purpose varieties that are fiber/seed/drug type or drug/seed type which would never be approved :\

oldchuck

Veteran
He's in Oregon. I'm in Vermont. A hemp license here costs $25 to register with the Ag Department. The state has the right to test but has no capacity to do so.

What country are you in ?

Easier said then done. Although I'm in Canada and Industrial hemp production is fairly common it requires a minimum 10 acre plot amung other things and all I really want is a plant here and there and a collection in the fridge. The 'approved varieties' are great but limiting. I have a number of multi-purpose varieties that are fiber/seed/drug type or drug/seed type which would never be approved :\

What's that strain with the pink pistils?

One of the very few decent Therapy phenos we found. We got tired of hearing from other growers that half the Therapy line was 1:1, so we improved it with one of our favorite breeding lines and are making it available in time for the greenhouse production season in Oregon. We expect to see about 500k of the resulting offspring grown outdoors in S. Oregon next summer :).

chilliwilli

Waterboy
this hemp grows in lower austria, not neusidler see, but in the same region.
first saw them in 1996, at this time it was cultivated by a farmer. the farmer talked to me after seeing me several times in the hemp. he complained that always ganja seeds where thrown in the fields and he then cuts the hemp early(think july). i'm pretty sure he thought i will do the same.
a lot of the farmers in our region tend to talk not much with strangers and when they do they talk in cryptic, one ore two words sentence. but when i got it right he talked about wild austrian hemp mixed with an industrial hemp but i can't remember which one. the farmer cultivated the hemp for fun i think, because at this time he only cut the field down and let everything on the field. but he was realy frustrated about the ganja in the hemp.
in 2016 it was growing wild, the 3. pic in the 2. post show a lot of reeds with little hemp, this was a corner of the cultivated field in 1996.
i was not at the field from about 2000-2016 and today it looks like the hemp is growing wild.
in early july you got the first flowers, so i think the blooming is triggered by the solstice, if that is possible. the flowering is long i think, at begin of september the last male are alive and seed get ready and the last white pistils are seen at the females. the plants look sativa like to me. narrow leafs, airy buds, long flower, tiny black seeds. some individuals have bubblegum smell in mid flower.
i tested one outstanding resinous individual with strong bubblegum notes and was suprised to feel a little onset when smoked, followed by an relaxing empty head. so i think there is some cbd in it.
sam_skunkman got some samples for the dna project, hope he shares some info when he knows.

does anyone know if cannabis can start flowering triggered by the solstice?

Thx willi

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
does anyone know if cannabis can start flowering triggered by the solstice?
Thanks for sharing all the pics!!
It shouldn't be the solstice triggering flowering... theoretically absolutely possible but very unlikely to happen in hemp. More likely, it's the age and/or the size of the plants which trigger flowering. Like an auto, just a little bit later ;) .

PS Your nick reminds me of the second plant species which grows so well on my veranda: Super hot chillis (Habanero, Scotch Bonnet, Bhut jolokia, and Trinidad Scorpion)! Great against certain types of pain too, if you dare putting those pods on your skin LoL.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Thx for the info.

Yes my username and pic comes from the chilli.
Google my username and add chillies, i always have to laught when i see them.