What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old-school Indica's for pain

Mr.Miner

I am in a bit of a quandary...I am a med patient in NJ and I have tried every frigging strain that the dispensaries have for pain.
None of them worked or the joint pain/inflammation (no pun intended) that I have due to Lyme's Disease. Each one seemed to have the same hybrid-like effects but none gave me that couch-lock, deep pain relief, and anti-inflammatory effects that I need for late-night usage.
I am going to be getting a recommendation for Mass., and Maine, and most likely Rhode Island from my doc, here, because I am willing to take the drive for something that will work. I don't want to continue dicking around with dispensary nonsense or the black-market crap-shoot...I wish we could grow here but I can't take that chance, either...
Long story long- can anyone in the states that I listed recommend a shop where I can find a real, old-school type of indica for great, night-time pain relief? Thanks very much!

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Look for a Mazar or the Black Domina cross, the Critical Mass CBD strain is great too.

FireIn.TheSky

You probably need something high in CBD, CBD is good for inflammation and pain buy it does not give you a high feeling.

THC is what you need to feel a nice hugh but it does not offer much in the way of pain or inflammation.

It's doubtful you will find anything good in a dispensary, dispos cater to the drug market, it's a farce they sell hot and trendy names and supply fuck all to help real sick people.

Any state sanctioned medical marijuAna selling is purely for profit disguised as being actually medicinal.

Fuck the man, just grow your own medicine.

Mr.Miner

^ Nothing, really, thanks though... I wasn't able to find any of the suggestions and the dispensaries wares are mostly sativa-leaning hybrids. Can't grow my own here- yet...But, I am headed to RI to a club next week with hopes of finding something great for pain and inflammation.

Farm Hero

White Widow was always great for horrible muscle/nerve pain for me. Rick Simpson even mentioned that variety, but mine was the Black Widow actually now that I think about it from Mr. N

XXX_710

Pre-98 Bubba Kush (which prolly won't be at a dispensary)
Lime Kush
White Widow
Sensi Star

It sounds like you need to be consuming RSO or dabbing concentrate to get a larger dose. I carry a wax/shatter pen around with me for breakthrough pain, and I eat hard candies that contain RSO.

Easy7

Veteran
THC does wonders for pain eating it. Lasts a long time as well but I care for larger amounts eating verses smoking.

Coastal seeds has some northern lights #1 crosses. Black domina x northern lights #1 should knock the socks off. Not sure about their selections as there are zero reports that I have found. They also have a hashplant x nl#1. Both those should be quick flowering and heavy indicas

Mr.Miner

Thanks for all the suggestions. Much appreciated. With winter coming I can already feel the stiffness and pain accelerating...Thanks again!

burmese

mazari indica//purple mazar auto//, pain generally, superior for my stomach pain one time//within minute pain go away//
hash plant generally

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Blue Dream & Early Girl both helped my brother during his fight with pancreatic cancer. he was supposed to be taking 5 oxycontin a day for his pain, but got by up til his death with one pill & a few bowls of good weed per day. if he had taken 5 a day like they wanted, he would have died months earlier.

Rondon

Any of the pure indica hashplants out there do the trick for me. DNA's L.a.Confidential...Cataract Kush..L.A. Affie (real deal clone if you can find it)..Bubba Kush...just about any of them are awesome for my pain. Like opiates without doing opiates. Got me off of an 8 year opiate prescription problem actually. And I thank the plant for that.

Easy7

Veteran
I found bubba to be a bit chatty. Suppose there are different vibes from different cannabis, much like some opiates knock some out and others get tweaked.

Something real heavy could get depressing after some time. Best thing for me is a day time strain and a night time. Duration is also helpful. Any paranoia edgy strains would surely complicate matters.

Robney

Mr. Miner - if you are going to come to dispensaries in MA, and you are specifically looking for effect, I'd suggest looking at Garden Remedies. Knowing what they grow, I know it should taste better, but the effects of each strain have been pretty on point. They run a strain called cornbread that is bubba crossed to OG, I think that strain may help you. It was certainly one of the more indica smokes I've had in a while.