What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Glue #4 from GGStrains

SocalNugz

Uu
Another thing I noticed about the duds that I've encountered is that the stems tends to stay green and healthy looking no matter how u stress them. Oh just to be clear when I'm referring to duds , I'm talking about larfie buds and has a lot of brown hairs on them. They may look decent when in late flower, but it lacks the thc that normal gg4 has and density. Here's a top pic of the two.

The one on the right looks like a dudded out plant.
Ive had it happen a few times usually very early on not sure if its stress or slight overwatering that causes ot bit they look just like the one on the right.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ya those are bx2 with reveg stress.

I think it may be possible to get 9 leave on gg4 in certain conditions but too be clear I think
Too subjective to make positive ID 100% on that judgment. Anyway all subjective via online,
we can only give our best guess no definite. Wish I could rub the stems and see her but no smellavision ha!
If I wasnt in the middle of bullshit moving I would get you a cut off mine dog, then you could compare.
All I got are two bonzai moms in solo cups atm riding out the storm of my current troubles.
Time will tell.

Dog Star

Veteran
Thanx Tony a lot,you are always cool bro,

as you sees i go delusional after i smoke some of that bud and later goes
to count leafes in thread..

i feel shame now..

Think its a best thing to wait another round,we will see then do i made her
same or she can grow with 5-7 leafes..

But a smoke is ultra high,every joint is incredible potent and those sugar leafes
will be perfect for new batch of BHO.

Kind regards Tony

DS

bigdiesel

It's week two for my gg4 and she's yellowing. Do you guys run high nitrogen nutes in the first couple weeks of flower?

Here is a canopy shot. Cookies kush on the right.

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey big diesel. Look out for broad mites. The symptoms look just like that plant. Better to rule them out first. Use a magnifier to look at the new leafs real close. Good luck

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All plants will yellow a bit in the 1st 2-3 weeks of flower. Some show it more than others. I see it all the time on plants that are making the transition to flower. I do not do anything. it corrects itself.. Your pic looks just like this. It shows on all new growth. I would not be concerned about that.

picture.php

Last edited:

2ppl

Uu

The one on the right looks like a dudded out plant.
Ive had it happen a few times usually very early on not sure if its stress or slight overwatering that causes ot bit they look just like the one on the right.

Thanks Socalnugz!! Yah I figure it would be a dud, freaking eh , paid 14 bucks for that dud! I got 3 of them in a tray, I should've checked for the small leaves syndrome when I first purchased them. It's my fault for blindingly trusting midnight farms cuts. Time to dump those std girls lol

I don't know what causes the dud but it came dudded already when I bought it. It must've come from a dud mother , freaking Mother Dudder!! Haha!

I'm planning to veg the gg4 for 4-5 weeks using tomatoes cages, 9 per tray ... They are about 14 days in veg roughly 10-14" tall , I topped them once already and most of them have 4-5 tops . Would u guys recommend topping them again for 8-10 tops or would it yield better with the 4-5 bigger colas? Thank you for your time and response! Much appreciated!

I ran the gg4 twice and the second run , I used lower nute ppm in flower and the nugs/colas did stack and fill in a lot better

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
Another thing I noticed about the duds that I've encountered is that the stems tends to stay green and healthy looking no matter how u stress them. Oh just to be clear when I'm referring to duds , I'm talking about larfie buds and has a lot of brown hairs on them. They may look decent when in late flower, but it lacks the thc that normal gg4 has and density. Here's a top pic of the two.

Did it get hit with pollen? I have never seen that I read the dud thread take a cut retry

2ppl

No it didn't get hit with pollen, I really don't know how or why it dudded. But I have seen clones from dud mothers always turns out duds. If u guys read one of the first threads on gg4, I forgot who it was, but his plant has the dudded look big time, I think everyone asked him what ec he was using cuz it didn't look like unclefish or jw cut. It was big nugs but u can see it was larfing out big time.

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
The dud cause is unknown for sure as far as gg4 is concerned. I've given out clones to one friend and he grew a dud.

My best guess was early overwatering and never recovered. Like root rot type issues. My clones and eventually the mother grew out completely fine on my end. Not a single flaw, that wasn't caused by something I did or didn't do at least. Flowers were perfect. Yield was strong. Tested high. Friend had to toss gg4 from me and I'm scratching my head over here.

I came to that conclusion after I had a gods gift go dud on me from the get go after a fresh transplant into its first pot. Same dud traits as glue. Bright green stems no matter what, weak lateral branching, small leaves, slow to develope. Upon throwing out there were few roots compared to what I consider normal. I treated it like everything else. Only victim to dud ding. Either it wasn't ready for a pot yet and I drown it enough to rot it or was already a dud as a rooted clone. I'll never know for sure. I've had 1 branch on 1 sour dub plant go dud. I've grown out over 100dubs all sizes n multiple methods. Still just one branch. It's a real crazy phenomenon IMO if you can rule out bugs and diseases then wtf is going on with these duds?

Just bored over here thought I'd chime in with my dud experience with the glue and known related "dud prone" genetics.

SirSmokalot

Veteran
Looking at my veg tent laughing at the appearance of the gg5
She grows a lot like a dud gg4 structure wise. But I assure you not a dud not even close. But I figured I'd share the pic I took
Side by side
Gg4 on left gg5 on right.
picture.php

Note the gg5 has extremely lateral branching. And until they saw hid light, weak brittle stems. Now they are straight raging under hps after a week or two. Still super lateral that's just the growth pattern. Interesting stuff... for me anyways.

oti$

I've got 2 gg4 right next to each other, day63, one is throwing foxtails the other is not. 3 gal coco maxi no additives 2 week flush. I thought they looked like they'd be good at 63, but the one is throwing the foxtail with white pistils...thoughts?

Edit* they are in a 1k vert donut. Temps 70/80 max, but usually 75ish lights on....

2ppl

I don't see the pic bro! Thanks for sharing!!! Here's a pic of my duds lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 12

EastCoast710

She HATES to be rootbound and will get stunted badly.
She likes, and absolutely needs her leg room with lots of root space.
I use 100glns of soil for a 3lb plant. If I wanted a 5lb plant I would need 200glns.
If I wanted an even bigger plant I would need 500 -1000glns of soil per plant.....
and a healthy early start.

for soil ya.. in coco..as long as u water enough u can grow trees in 2 gallons

Dollar

I could never tell duds in veg. They all looked the same. My dud issue was solved when I increased the nutes. I was so influenced by reading posts about GG4 likes low PPM. So I set the PPMs low around 1.5EC. I had duds every time directly under each light. The ones with the fluffy huge, airy with tons of red hairs everywhere. That was a long time ago. Since I jacked up the nutes I haven't had a single dud. Every body has dif environments and systems. For mine 2.6EC is ideal. Also I cant run GG4 with other plants on the same rez cause she does not like extra calmag in flower like most OGs I run at 5ml per gal. She just shuts down. Extra mag and she goes nuts. I grow in rockwool, ebb and grow with CO2. Hope this helps someone!

SirSmokalot

Veteran
Can get 1lb of glue from 5 gallon coco container.
Crazy the difference. 10+ gallons for soil.

SocalNugz

The dud cause is unknown for sure as far as gg4 is concerned. I've given out clones to one friend and he grew a dud.

My best guess was early overwatering and never recovered. Like root rot type issues. My clones and eventually the mother grew out completely fine on my end. Not a single flaw, that wasn't caused by something I did or didn't do at least. Flowers were perfect. Yield was strong. Tested high. Friend had to toss gg4 from me and I'm scratching my head over here.

I came to that conclusion after I had a gods gift go dud on me from the get go after a fresh transplant into its first pot. Same dud traits as glue. Bright green stems no matter what, weak lateral branching, small leaves, slow to develope. Upon throwing out there were few roots compared to what I consider normal. I treated it like everything else. Only victim to dud ding. Either it wasn't ready for a pot yet and I drown it enough to rot it or was already a dud as a rooted clone. I'll never know for sure. I've had 1 branch on 1 sour dub plant go dud. I've grown out over 100dubs all sizes n multiple methods. Still just one branch. It's a real crazy phenomenon IMO if you can rule out bugs and diseases then wtf is going on with these duds?

Just bored over here thought I'd chime in with my dud experience with the glue and known related "dud prone" genetics.

Ive hayd the same experience. I think its tied to early over watering too they seem to show early on usually the weaker clones or the ones that lag behind in the cups. They're very easy to spot and cull. I ALWAYS make like 6 eztta clines just because of this with the glue.

SocalNugz

2.6 ec !!!!!!! Holy moly man!!!! Thats crazy high!!! i dont know how ya pull that one off. I find my best yield was right at 1.6 2.5 p per light under regular 1k lights. At 1.8 2.0 she was burnin good.