What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that one is like 15 years out of date,e-bike tech has come a long way,of course they tend to be expensive and you could pick up a used motorcycle for cheaper than an e-bike...

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
purpur thats a decent speed . is the motor in the axel? heard of them never really looked into them
Yeah. Its pretty large. You can see it in the axel. Its a brushless motor. Lithium battery pack behind the seat. I also have an Aluminum Cannondale mountain bike I think its a 2000. Its like new. My buddy bought it new, upgraded the components, rode it once and put it in his basement. I got it for maybe $300, with rotten tires and covered in dust

picture.php

And that's a Felt Beach Cruzer

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
like the seat on the black one looks more comfortable. was just looking electric bikes and saw a link where tour de france riders cheated with them. electric motors and batteries have come along way.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
You want the pollen those Anthers drop. The odds of you getting any seeds from those is unlikely. Keep in mind that moisture kills pollen. If you wanted to try to pollinate using Anthers they need to be 100% dry and there needs to be pollen on them.:)

Yeah, I only get like 5-10 each time with that amount. It doesn't pollinate the other ladies in the cab, only the one I select. There is still genetic variation in the 5 - 10 seeds, leading me to believe that although each anther or grain of pollen is similar, they are genetically different from eachother.... Not sure which. (pollen grains or the anthers containing them) Are these variations recessive traits of the female (pollen) or the one being pollinated? We can try to point them in the right direction, but there are so many variables, it's still kind of a crapshoot. I will try to pollinate with a single anther as an experiment. I'll have to wait until next time, as they are all mixed now:( I hope you get your AC fixed, buddy!

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Ive got a big rack of Saint Louis style ribs on the barbeque. Gonna slather it with some Bulls Eye, then sprinkle it with ground hatch and chipotle chile. Sweet and spicy.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here's what a real bike looks like...well over 10,000 miles...not a single original component except the headset...3rd set of wheels,i have no idea how many drivetrains i've been through...3x9,2x10,1x11,8 speed internal hub,single speed....
hauled literal tons of stuff with this bike,still rides like new...
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
fishstick all them miles you rode ever crash or wipe out? when i was younger cruising to the beach had towel on handlebar and it sucked in the front tire. it endo'd i went over and fractured my elbow on the pavement.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
of course i've wrecked my fair share of times but no,i don't really wreck all that frequently...i ride in remote areas too frequently to do anything overly risky on a bike...going fast is for youngsters...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, I only get like 5-10 each time with that amount. It doesn't pollinate the other ladies in the cab, only the one I select. There is still genetic variation in the 5 - 10 seeds, leading me to believe that although each anther or grain of pollen is similar, they are genetically different from eachother.... Not sure which. (pollen grains or the anthers containing them) Are these variations recessive traits of the female (pollen) or the one being pollinated? We can try to point them in the right direction, but there are so many variables, it's still kind of a crapshoot. I will try to pollinate with a single anther as an experiment. I'll have to wait until next time, as they are all mixed now:( I hope you get your AC fixed, buddy!

I'm not following you?. My point was using Anthers to pollinate is not the best option. The anther is where the pollen comes out of. If there's no pollen left no seeds.

There not genetically different. There will be different phenotype's. The genotype will be the same. The genes your pollen carries will be the same.

Phenotype refers to the traits an individual actually shows. Like color, structure and smell.

Genotype refers to the "genetic potential" of an individual: what kind of genes s/he carries.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Well, I was wondering if each pollen grain on each anther are the same, or if each pollen grain is different and dictates the pheno variation. It seems like the phenotypes are genetic variations themselves as they are not identical. Sure they have the same parents, but like us, we are not genetically identical to our siblings (except for paternal? twins). Wouldn't their genes be, at least, slightly different in the different phenotypes?
Or, on a different train of thought, is all the male's pollen all the same, and the interaction with the ovule creates these variations?
Perhaps dominantly and recessively as they mesh, maybe.... Genetics are crazy, man!

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Good morning Gents. Beautiful day here at work.

I'm starting to get excited about all th different types of stains I'm growing this year. I'm getting ready to go in ground here.

I'm going to make the most crosses this summer that I ever have. Its gonna be work, but fun. I've got hazes, sativa, kush, and indica. Over 50 males to work with and probably at least 75 females. I'm getting serious about my pollen bank. Wow I'm gonna have some awesome crosses.
I will likely be putting out testers this autumn.

I hope you all have a great day!

Latest posts

Latest posts