What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hempy Bucket STYLE!!!

New fan

New fan

You're welcome man and here is a link to the gallery I want you to check out

Peace, SOG

Yea man i already checked it out. I saw the same exact thing in the grow store made by ONA for 45$. I thought what a rip off when i saw it but damn. Yea so i searched around my house and found i think the same exact one..
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=honeywell+ht+800+series&hl=en&cid=14348999505772324973&os=tech-specs
I was gonna do your mod but when i turned the fan on i noticed that baby was pretty damn powerful for as small a fan as it was. Looked around on internet and best answer i could find is it's 125 CFM. So i swapped this one out with the tiny square one i had installed on the 30th. When i hooked up the ducting and fan and everything it is pushing air out that duct twice as hard as the other fan. So i call it a success! Still looking for a square bucket i can mod this square fan to. WHat exactly did u add to ur bucket SOG? Is that some kind of super concentrated ONAor is that the liquid?

4-2-12 Day 19 Veg

4-2-12 Day 19 Veg

. Good day to all. Beautiful spring day outside and a pleasent day from the grow room. Temps have been staying anywhere from 76-at night to 80 during the day.Fan is working great. quick ? do i want my fan in the closet blowing right on the plants? Now as for my water. Im using city water. No sign of any drain spots on sinks toilets etc. To tell you the truth when i ph the plain water, the nute water, and the runoff they all dont differ that much in color. Not a noticiable difference, All right around 6. Like i said a good PH meter is on wish list for now.

I have been watering the Hempy Buckets Everyother day With Veg stage nutes at a feed, feed, water cycle. I watered the soil bucket the last 3 times with straight water. Going to give it 1/2 strength Veg stage nutes and keep it on a water, water, water, feed schedule. Hopefully this will perk the Soil plant up that looks like it went into lockout? i think. Anyways this is not a true comparison of soil v hempy.(We can already tell) . Heres the girls

4-2-12_group_day.jpg

Obviously the conditions have stunted the growth of the soil plant big time. thankfully not a big deal. I got 5 hempys right next to it.
4-2-12_Mgirl_hempy_and_soil.jpg

4-2-12_mgirl_hempy_2.jpg

This thing is LOVING this 2.5 gal container. Any idea on wether the Mgirls are sativa or indica or they favor one more than the other?
4-2-12_m_girl_hempy_2.jpg

I think by what ive read these are preflowers forming.
4-2-12_supersiler_1_and_runt.jpg

Dinafem Super Silver. The runt looks like she might make it. I think the roots have hit the rez as growth has increased big time.Now these 2 and the White Widow are feminized but the 3 Mgirl are bag seed.

4-2-12_White_widow.jpg

White widow. Going to be transfered to a larger Hempy in about 2 weeks
4-2-12_group_3.jpg

Glowing @ NIght![/SIZE]

Appreciate all the help SOG and everybody else.

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Yo Matt, listen to sog, he's a good guy that finally had enough of the other place. Ok last time it gets mentioned in here, SWEAR :D

If you want, you could take a whack at topping or supercropping that big plant in the smaller pot. To top, just cut the main stem SLIGHTLY below the top bud. To supercrop, envision which way you want the plant to fall, and pinch 90degrees opposite. So if you want it to fall directly away from you (12 o'clock), pinch at 3 and 9 oclock, then gently push the mainstem to 12. I would pinch/supercrop on the 3rd node if it was my plant :D

Keep it up, and try to read as many of the stickies and 100k+ view threads over here as possible. :)

would topping be same as fimming? bc at this time there is no top bud? i think i kno what ur talking about.The very top growth cut just behind it to promote two shoots? correct? Know for the supercropping, u lost me bud!

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Lol my bad :D

Supercropping is breaking/folding a main stem to keep it from getting too tall, and to encourage the lower tops/shoots to grow.

Topping is cutting the mainstem below the top of 'the newest growth', effectively cutting the newest growth off.

Fimming is cutting that newest growth along with the main stem. More times than not, when I tried to fim, I just ended up mangling the top leaves, and cutting above where I needed to. I do best with supercropping and or topping.

I don't like to cut the mains after flower, and will only top in bloom if I see that a certain shoot wants to get waaay taller than her friends. I supercrop right up through the stretch (like 4weeks of 12/12)

oneshot

If you don't want to get drastic, just do a nice Low Stress Training to them. They are the perfect size for that right now.

someotherguy

Veteran
mornin' matt, i'd suggest you forget the FIM, LST, topping and supercropping until you get through a grow or 2.

and not because you can't do it but because it's better to limit your variables as you learn and to add them, one at a time, as you gain experience, ...if you do too many things at once you won't be sure which worked and which didn't.

peace, SOG

i agree with what SOG said there (go figure), but from my personal experience, it was good for me to try different things. I didnt, however, try different things on the same plant. Pretty much every plant i ran was slightly different in some way too see how the plants responded. I am way too impatient to wait a whole cycle to try some different techniques! This whole growing thing....oh boy did i catch the disease!

so in summation, change only one variable on a plant if your going to, and definitely just leave one plant alone entirely!

thanks for all the info fellas. Sog i think that would be best to just let em grow this first run. I was only asking because 3 these pots are quality seed that wasnt cheap and as any grower would, want to obtain the most i can. The girls are getting BIG. Within next week they are gonna have to be moved to the floor where they can "breath". Anyone have any input on this stem?
4-4-12.jpg

4-5-12 day 22 Veg

4-5-12 day 22 Veg

Happy Easter to all. Hope your upcoming weekend is righteous! Well the plants are doing simply wonderful. Growing a mile a minute it seems. They are absolutly beautiful. Definitly the prettiest plant I have ever grown. No gonna worry about or do any kind of HST or LST as this is my first grow and i wanna take things simple the first time.
I have been watering the Hempy Buckets Everyother day with the technaflora recipe for succes. I have cut back watering the soil plant to every 3 or 4 daYS til the soil is dry and crusty. It has only got 1/2 strength nutes every fourth feeding.

4-5-12_gettin_big_.jpg

Things are getting real crowded up here on the shelf. Im thinking within the next few days everybody will be dropped to the floor the shelf taken out and the light dropped the appropriate distance. This will provide much adequate space for the Plants.
4-5-12_new_thermometer.jpg

Bought a much needed Min/Max thermometer and Hydrometer i think.Someone correct me if im wrong. 8$ @ walmart
4-5-12_new_fan.jpg

also bought a much needed clip on fan. It's not oscilating but i think it will do the trick 10$ @ walmart
4-5-12_Mgirl_hempy_2.jpg

Mgirl Hempy#2. absolutly flourishing in the 2.5 gal buckets. Looks like shes gonna be way bigger than the smaller black hempy
4-5-12_Mgirl_Hempy.jpg

Mgirl Hempy #1. Had to Stake Her up today. Opened the grow closet for watering and she was leaning over. Tied her up wit twisty tie.

4-5-12_Mgirl_Soil.jpg

Soil plant is coming around.

A great couple days of growth the plants are loving it. My temp got down to 65 in closet today is that too low? what is lowest i want them to get?

just a quickie!!

just a quickie!!

a quick update if i may. Things have been going awesome. So awesome that the plants are overcrowding this shelf. so i took it out and dropped everybody to the floor. Before i did so, i took a measurement of the distance from plant to bulb and it was 18". I dropped plants to floor and compensated and plants are 18" from bulb. Was this the correct thing to do. heres a couple of pics. In doing this i am doubling my grow area and it seems when i dropped the light i am shining alot brighter on all the plants.! Temps have been 74 aT night and 78 during the day simply beautiful. Will update with much mote specifics in a few days..
picture.php

dropped the light moved power cables and took out shelf!!

picture.php
Everybody is in their final Positions!!
picture.php

I transplanted the small solo cup of White widow x Big Bud into a larger 10 liter bucket with a perlite:vermiculite mix.

How close should i Have my light to the plants? Now three of these are a week apart and im trying to get the younger ones to catch up. I put bricks underneath them to raise them up closer to the light just a bit. Is this okay. Or would i want them further down to grow taller toward the light? anyonne who can answr i would appreciate it. I am in the middle of fan and +light shopping. Looks like veg room might be ready in time to cut clones in few weeks! :)

oneshot

Sorry I missed the reply, Dyna-Gro Pro-TeKt is the best. 5ml/gallon. It's amazing.

You want to try to keep the canopy as level as possible. Keep the tops even. Stretching is something you want to avoid if possible.