What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

6-Benzylaminopurine (BAP) to Possibly Increase Budset and Productivity of Marijuana

S

swisscheese

I came across www.mbferts.com and am going to try out some of their pgr's including bap6 and they have the best triacontanol guide on the web that I have came across. Check it out they have the biggest selection of pgr's and salts outside of the bulk companies like haifa.

dizzlekush

no thanks
Habeeb that is the most irresponsible and misrepresented quote ive ever seen. you should be ashamed of yourself. The "blind and possibly kill" part is about methanol and potassium hydroxide, and has nothing to do with the cytokinin, and those quotes are separated by 2 paragraphs which each talk about separate things.

Potassium chloride will kill you lickety-split, doesnt mean it has no value in a garden.

dizzlekush

yes, but it is exactly 50X more expensive than buying it in powder from the same place

http://www.phytotechlab.com/detail.aspx?ID=141

with one you get 1/2 gram for $26
for the other you get 25 grams for $26
so its either $1 per gram, or $50 per gram.

i just posted how to make your own formulation on the last page. The BAP i used for my formulations was even the BAP from the exact same place, just the powder, not the crazy expensive liquid solution.

cchem

I came across www.mbferts.com and am going to try out some of their pgr's including bap6 and they have the best triacontanol guide on the web that I have came across. Check it out they have the biggest selection of pgr's and salts outside of the bulk companies like haifa.

You've gotta be kidding right.... It's as easy as hell to dissolve Tria

Dissolve in alcohol, n-butyl alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, ethyl ether, chloroform, petroleum, polysorbate20 (Tween20). The solution may need heating to improve solubility (one quick burst in the microwave will do it). Store in a cool dry dark place. Ideally in a refrigerator at 2-8deg C.
18 pages to dissolve Tria:) and it's ppm or PPM - not Ppm.... Scary!

S

swisscheese

You've gotta be kidding right.... It's as easy as hell to dissolve Tria

Dissolve in alcohol, n-butyl alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, ethyl ether, chloroform, petroleum, polysorbate20 (Tween20). The solution may need heating to improve solubility (one quick burst in the microwave will do it). Store in a cool dry dark place. Ideally in a refrigerator at 2-8deg C.
18 pages to dissolve Tria:) and it's ppm or PPM - not Ppm.... Scary!

I've personally burned myself mixing triacontanol in the microwave with polysorbate 20 as it flash boiled up my hand. What is one burst anyway? It gives specific instructions that can be followed by pretty much anyone to get the same end result. I have bought tria from multiple sources and happened to like their guide, this is a pgr thread and people came here to learn about pgr's, not learn about punctuation and grammar. Go burn one and relax, these next 5 oil hits are for you cchem.:smoke:

humbleguy

Veteran
@gsa396
@xrob415x

Glad to see that there's some interest in the topic still. looking at the studies i've seen published in scientific literature it makes me think the optimal ppm range for BAP will be between 50-300ppm. feel free to use higher ppm, but higher ppm is not commonly found in experimentation with good results.

Ive had several requests recently to post my BAP stock solution formulation so here it is. Again i suggest learning the dangers of methanol and potassium hydroxide before working with them. A milligram scale and graduated cylinder are both fairly necessary to get accurate measurements.

READ THIS BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO MAKE YOUR SOLUTION:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=4844608&postcount=31

I just did my first BAP spray of 100ppm (along with 1ppm of Triacontanol) yesterday, about half way through the bloom phase. Stay tuned for results. looking forward to hearing results of other experimenters.

Status report Dizzle? I sprayed the same formulation on several plants in different stages with no noticeable fx. I am also interested in a root drench if you might have a stock solution recipe on hand.

dizzlekush

I sprayed the same formulation on several plants in different stages with no noticeable fx. I am also interested in a root drench if you might have a stock solution recipe on hand.

When you say "the same formulation" what are you referring to?
What ppm of BAP did you use?
Did you co-apply it with anything (other PGRs, surfactants, adjuvants etc.)?
What stages of growth did you test BAP at?
edit* Where did you source the BAP? (seller) edit*

IIRC root applications of BAP are usually at much lower levels (e.g. 5-30ppm range), and usually have less benefits when it comes to growth enhancement. To make a stock solution for root applications you can use the last formulation i provided but simply minimize the amount of MeOH you use in the formulation. This makes it harder to keep the BAP completely dissolved in solution once the stock solution is diluted down to working levels. MeOH is the least phytotoxic solvent im aware of, but even it is very toxic to the roots (no so to the foliage)

I have seen very dramatic effects when applying 100ppm BAP to the foliage, in all honesty its probably been the most dramatic response i've seen my plants have to any PGR (except maybe for heavy doses of dhMJ). So hearing that you've seen no effects really surprises me.

Im keeping all results of my PGR experimentation private ATM. This thread is mainly to give others the stepping stones to do their own experimentation.

Last edited:

yesucan

uestion for Dizzle

uestion for Dizzle

So what is your opinion on using Jaz spray (Me-jasmonate) in addition to GA:BAP (1:20) possibly in different weeks of a flowering cycle? You appear to have some experience with jasmonates. Optimal application week timing and concentrations would be great. Also, final question do you use Triacontanol? It is hard to find a good guide for optimal pgr usage while also avoiding the expensive snake oil salesman.

S

swisscheese

So what is your opinion on using Jaz spray (Me-jasmonate) in addition to GA:BAP (1:20) possibly in different weeks of a flowering cycle? You appear to have some experience with jasmonates. Optimal application week timing and concentrations would be great. Also, final question do you use Triacontanol? It is hard to find a good guide for optimal pgr usage while also avoiding the expensive snake oil salesman.

Jaz rose spray I have personally tried and thought it decreased my flavor and didn't really notice any positive benefits to it over using triacontanol and bap6 and iba as my main pgr's for increased health, vigor, increased trichomes, and yield. If you foliar spray triacontanol the plant looks much happier a week later max and I personally have tried it as high as 10ppm in foliar applications. Personally though I have been feeding it(not spraying) at 1 to 2ppm every time I water and have been noticing the same benefits. There's a good triacontanol guide on www.mbnutes.com I already mentioned it in this thread and it's geared towards medical cannabis growers. Actually it's on www.mbferts.com then you click on triacontanol and the guide is at the bottom of the page I tried pasting the link in here but it isn't working for some reason.

ASUN

Hey Dizzle, do you advise on any particular time of day to apply BAP, what stage of growth and duration would you suggest.

omera1

i think the best time for 6bap is not in flower ! in my opinioin its more effective in early growth @ 1000ppm and more. theoretically, this leads to an increased branching.
6bap in growth and meja in flower <--- will try this on the next run....

cchem

i think the best time for 6bap is not in flower ! in my opinioin its more effective in early growth @ 1000ppm and more. theoretically, this leads to an increased branching.
6bap in growth and meja in flower <--- will try this on the next run....

I guess the one thing that gets me about forums is that the vast majority of trials are purely anecdotal and lack qualitative and quantitative checks and measures with photos and final yield weights, and lab tests for resin production against controls etc. This thread is about as pear shaped as I've seen. Sorry but just a very obvious observation. If it isn't side by side under controlled conditions (i.e. a control to measure by where there is only one varying factor) with critical data to support claims it simply doesn't stand up as science. Cytokinins (e.g. 6-Bap) are critical in cell division and when applied extraneously can be beneficial in budset on various crops - I'll stick to the academic, peer reviewed papers - it's been interesting watching this one unfold I must say. Peace all.

humbleguy

Veteran
I recently re-applied BAP at 200ppm in week 2 of flower and had deformed twisted growth develop at all terminal tips. This twisted growth was then overgrown by a surge of newer nodes. The entire plant "thickened" up and I noted a concentration of trichomes on stem tissue. I think I applied too early as I would have preferred the results closer to week 3 and 4 of flower. The controls are all much bigger and will out yield the BAP applied plants but I feel this was due to my own application error and not the BAP. I'll try to get pics.