What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New job, ETS MEP questions

Griffin_Labs

Hey everyone, new here, love the forum and wanted to introduce myself and ask some questions.

I just recently learned that I will be moved into the extracts lab once we have it finished. This is more then a dream come true for me, as this is exactly what I want for my future. We are kind of hoping that is in early january, and that I will actually be working in the lab then.

Right now I am a lead on the harvest crew and have been wanting to move into extracts since I got in the industry this year. I have been doing tons of reading and studying. That kind of sums up my brief history and now I'll get onto the questions.

Has anyone used the ETS MEP cls? If so thoughts, and tips? I like the machine. It seems that it will be a nice little work horse to do all the bulk processing for us. My personal favorite cls is made by Precision Exraction, so hopefully we will upgrade and add that machine to our lab.

Is the MEP able to produce some of the more connoisseur quality sugar wax and live resin? It seems everyone who uses the MEP, products, suck or looks terrible for the most part. And then the quality goes up seemingly overnight and I've noticed that it's because they switched over to the precision cls. This has happened to 4-5 companies in Denver.

Any tips on things to learn, watch, or study would also be greatly appreciated. I have been doing as much reading as possible, so that once our consultant leaves, I will have a chance at obtaining the lead Extractor title or lead tech, which I think would be great for my future and resume.

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Is the MEP able to produce some of the more connoisseur quality sugar wax and live resin? It seems everyone who uses the MEP, products, suck or looks terrible for the most part. And then the quality goes up seemingly overnight and I've noticed that it's because they switched over to the precision cls. This has happened to 4-5 companies in Denver."

What diameter columns does the MEP run? Too large and you don't get effective washes according to GW.

Griffin_Labs

I will look into how big they are, that is very interesting because they do seem wider then the one's I've seen. Thanks, SkyHighLer

pnw bb

I strongly recommend looking elsewhere for extractors. neither of those are worth much if your trying to process bulk material in a timely manner shooting for high quality. check out bizzy bee beasts. i feel like these are the best designed well thought out and versatile machines on the market. im biased because its what i use but i know first hand it changed the game for me. on multiple levels. quality. daily production. versatility.

Griffin_Labs

Appreciate the reply pnw, I will look into those, I told my boss and our consultant told him we are probably going to be needing a new CLS, so I'd love to get something ahead of its time.

dybert

Hey everyone, new here, love the forum and wanted to introduce myself and ask some questions.

I just recently learned that I will be moved into the extracts lab once we have it finished. This is more then a dream come true for me, as this is exactly what I want for my future. We are kind of hoping that is in early january, and that I will actually be working in the lab then.

Right now I am a lead on the harvest crew and have been wanting to move into extracts since I got in the industry this year. I have been doing tons of reading and studying. That kind of sums up my brief history and now I'll get onto the questions.

Has anyone used the ETS MEP cls? If so thoughts, and tips? I like the machine. It seems that it will be a nice little work horse to do all the bulk processing for us. My personal favorite cls is made by Precision Exraction, so hopefully we will upgrade and add that machine to our lab.

Is the MEP able to produce some of the more connoisseur quality sugar wax and live resin? It seems everyone who uses the MEP, products, suck or looks terrible for the most part. And then the quality goes up seemingly overnight and I've noticed that it's because they switched over to the precision cls. This has happened to 4-5 companies in Denver.

Any tips on things to learn, watch, or study would also be greatly appreciated. I have been doing as much reading as possible, so that once our consultant leaves, I will have a chance at obtaining the lead Extractor title or lead tech, which I think would be great for my future and resume.

Hey There...

The MEP is a fantastic machine and can produce any of the consistencies you're looking for... I know lots of top tier processors running MEPs and they all make consistent fire.

I also have one on order, but have not personally run one, yet.

Griffin_Labs

Thanks for bringing up the bizzybeest, i'd never heard of it and it looks like its going to be my favorite. I checked out a few instagrams of people running it, and definitely want to know more. @mrspectre if you have any stuff you could send me about the heavy producing machines, I'd want something that can handle at minimum 100lbs a day.

Dybert I am beginning to think you are right because I see a lot of decent wax that's I believe is made with the MEP on IG. That is something I wanted to hear, I can't wait to finally be able to get my own answers.

Can anyone give me a breakdown, or any info on how the metrc side of extraction labs in CO works? That is one of the only parts I have zero experience doing, and am curious how time consuming it is and what all you have to document and do on the extract side before and after you blast and package.

Zipsort

I wouldn't base your judgment on systems by what you see people posting in instagram. At the end of the day its #1 experience #2 technique #3 your equipment

And yeah, METRC is a bitch for a MIP in CO. Its flooded.

MrSpectre

So we build all our systems alacarte and then have them certified in that configuration for your facility. Here is our “intro” prompt for purchasing a Beest in case anyone else is curious as well :).

Riddle me this... If you can answer these three questions it will help me design a machine for you:

1) What is your desired end product: shatter, wax, crude for distillate? What is your intended solvent?

2) What is your desired capacity per day and per week?

3) What is your budget? How soon are you looking to purchase?

Latest posts

Latest posts