What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Launchpad

G

This thread will act as my LAUNCHPAD for my grow journals. Every grow I start will be started in this thread and moved to a separate thread as it takes on a life of its own. So pull up a seat and get comfy.

To start things off I am trying my hand for the first time with Coco Cubes as my medium. Its a sterile fully organic medium made out of Coconut husks. This stuff gives the best aeration around and can be tossed after its used, no waiting for it to dry out like Rockwool.

Strains being used are:
(4) Humboldt Express & (4) Purple Sticky Punch from Tuk Tuk Seeds.

My last seed of (1) Who's Your Daddy from DNA

My last seed of (1) Sour Mist from Resevoir Seeds

All seeds were germed at the same time and the Tuk Tuk Seeds all jumped out of their shell in a day. Excellent vigor. All we're transplanted into rapid rooters and placed into a humidity tray. One of the Purple Stickie Punch's is tri-foliate so lets see what it does.
680humidome-med.jpg

680sprouts-med.jpg

From the Humidty tray it goes to the Coco cubes. A 1/2 tsp. of Mychorizae goes into the holes before I put the plugs in for root development. I built a drip system just for the Coco Cubes since they dry out in about a 1/2 hour. It runs constant.
680manifold-med.jpg

680manifoldtop-med.jpg

680manifoldinfridge-med.jpg

Thats the start. Updates will be weekly. So be patient.

Blatant

G

Looks great B-man glad to see your finally taking photos

P.S. get yourself a labelmaker !

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
nice

nice

blatant is taht a home system if it is we need to get a mcgyver
forum going stoners are a crafty bunch in between munchies and
naps lol
peace chucky:D

G

Home made indeed. After about a half hour of staring at the parts and scratching my head I came up with that. Seems to be doing the trick.

Blatant

G

Excellent B am looking forward to watching. Those coco cubes will be interesting I've thought about using them also. Best of luck with your girls to be.

Go Cali

G

Coco Cubes

Coco Cubes

Blatant,

I likw what I see, and i intend to watch more of your grows. I am definately interest6ed in the tuk (squared) genes and how they grow. I have vertical space constraints.

I am interested in your success with the coco cubes. My hydro folks did not have much success with them. I used organic coco cubes. I found them much better and work great with the xtreme coco starter plugs. I was not very lucky with the rapid rooter starter plugs. You can have mine if you want them. They are still sealed. I use the xtreme starter cubes for seedlings and nothing for clones, except lava rocks, and lotsa nutes; Gh 3-part series along with floaliccious (sp), nuts, and root juice.

Good grow.

peace

Avid

hieagle420

Cannabis Creeper
Veteran
Looking good man... didnt you want a clone of my G-13??? i cant remember if it was you are someone else...PM me if you do.. check my gallery and see if anything else intrest you my friend... Check out my closet.. Keep It Green and Stay Safe.. HE

188Closet-med.jpg

G

Avid Lerner (AL) as i will call you. Nice of you to drop by.

Like you I am interested with the Outcome of these Coco Cubes. They seem to be dong good so far. With all that O2 readilly available I should have some great growth rates with them. I'll gladly take those Rapid Rooters off your hands. One mans trash is another mans treasure. In a lil while there will be room for a certain Widow for my launch pad. :abduct: I too like the Lava Rocks. I have a Vigorous SAGE going on in some. Holds things in Place better than Hydrotron.

hieagle420 whats up bruh?
I think that was me asking about your G-13 but I don't think I was asking for a clone. I was asking which one it was (Airborne or Pacific). Nice stuff you got going on in your grow. I'll take a peek and see if anything interests me. By the way whats BS#1?

Blatant

hieagle420

Cannabis Creeper
Veteran
Hey Blatant,
Teh g013 i got is Airbourne g-13.In the process of getting pacific G-13...
the BS#1 is Blue Satallite #1 have had that over 2 years... never will leave my closet... Taste like Grape candy.. doesnt yeild that much.. and nice up high..
The SD is Sweet Dreams, GF X SB id Grapefruit X shiskaberry, and of course the TW is Trainwreck.. just to let you know... Keep It Green and Stay Safe.. HE

G

knock knock

knock knock

Just found the thread Blatant...think I'll pull up a seat for this one...that's an awesome lineup of strains you have going, and Tuk Tuk has a few which tickle my fancy. Happy growing to you and best of luck with your garden ;)

G

Week 2

Week 2

Looking good Hieagle. I may have to drop you a line about one of them girls. Also Welcome Blue Velvet. I'll do my best and Tickle you with these Tuk Tuk beans, they seem to be doing just fine and are starting to get going now. The Sour Mist and Who's Your Daddy Are keeping up with the pack. All looks good and is on its way.

680manifold_week_2-med.jpg

680manifold_top_2-med.jpg

Blatant

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
just marking territory

just marking territory

~ got my little spot right ova here in the corner... sour vaporbonger anyone? ;)

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
It's so nice that you're posting pics Blatant. This should be fun. One of these days We'll get a digital camera over here and I can show you guys how I do things. I'll be watching.

GreatLakes THC

G

Looking forward to it GL THC. Ever since I got me a Digicam I wanna take a picture of everything. Plus I can right this off as a business expense. Double Wammy.

Blatant

G

Week 3

Week 3

OK now, its three weeks from seed In my new rigged drip setup. I had a couple of seedlings drop out of the race. The Sour Mist and one of the Humboldt Express' had trouble making it so I yanked them. What we have left is Three Humboldts One Who's Your Daddy And Four Purple Sticky Punch's. Besides those two bumps all is well and they are starting to show a root or two on the bottom of the cubes. With that said lets see what we got to look at. :chin:

Heres a Purple Sticky Punch that is Tri-Foliate. Please be a chick. I'de like to clone ya.

Thats all Folks. More next week. :wave:

Blatant

KRS Juan

"They grows up, and they grows up"

Lookin good hombre. HE 3 looks like a midget. I always like the runts the most.

-KRS Juan-

nice idea with the homemade drip system, I had some beans in cubes and forgot to water them one night and the next morning they were dry and shrivvled. I thought I had a tri-foliate going but it seems to of straitened it self out (is this usual?). Good luck with the grow :D

King

Looking good there Blatant. That is a slick little starter system you made up. Are these babies going into the NFT?