What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

yellowing and rusting

Crazy Leaf

ive grown a total of 3 plants , one harvested , 2 at 5-6 weeks old.

each plant , the same thing , from the tip of some fan leafs it goes yellow until the whole leaf is yellow with rusty spots , going from brownish to greyish.

my run-off is always around nuetral (7.0)

i feed each with 1.5ml of both A+B , start with 0.5ml of each , to 1ml of each , to 1.5 ml of each , few days before flowering and throughout flowering i use 2ml of each. am i using to much or too little?

whats it sound like? it doesnt effect the buds at all.

none-the-less , it worries me.

any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
it doesn't seem like you are using too much A+B, as 2ml per litter is still only about ec 1.4 but to really know what's up a pic would be helpful. ideally take the shot with a flash just before the lights come on. this will make the real colors show instead of the hps glow. it could well be that you just need to give your coco a flush with plain phed water once in a while to get those salts dissolved and flushed out. do you use a zym product?

Crazy Leaf

the flushing make sense , ive never flushed really , i dont use any zym product just A+B , 3ml of GH Bio Essentials

Bio Essentials is a 'blend of micro nutrients in a chelated form , it also incorporates beneficial sub micros , as well as organis buffer"

this was recommended by the guy at the hydro shop when i thought i had a Mg Def.

back of the bottle :

EC Nutrient

Guarenteed Analysis:

Boron (B) 0.01%
Molybdenum (Mo) 0.003%
Cobalt (Co) 0.01%

Iron (Fe) 0.1%
0.1% Chelated Iron
Manganese (Mn) 0.025%
0.025% Chelated Manganese
Zinc (Zn) 0.01%
0.01% Chelated Zinc
Copper (Cu) 0.01%
0.01% Chelated Copper

also PK13/14 (yet to use though)

i wish i could get a pic but its hard , no digi cam , no credit in my mobile to email a pic , so yea sorry , thanks for replying though

B

bonecarver_OG

to me it sounds like its time for transplant. if u get this a lot - use bigger containers.

damage in the roots shows in the leafs :D

but without a pic its not that easy to say :D

Crazy Leaf

they do get root bound fast , the growers i know personally havent seen such root development , MJ grow really well in coco.

all my plants have been rootbound before transplant , so maybe that is the cause?

HYDROJUNKIE

I used to get yellow crunchy leaves from salt buildup because I never flushed or had enough runoff,....now that I use enzymes they are super healthy all the way to harvest...

Since you guys were looking for photos...

I'm having a similar problem. I'm using Supernatural Aqua nutes at 1100 ppm and 6.7 pH. I'm think cal and zinc deficiency. What do you guys think?

B

bonecarver_OG

to start with lower the ph to around 5,8 - 6,1 if u grow in coco.

take a closer pic of the leafs to see the damage well. :D

peace

G

get your ph down below 6, and are you using cal-mag? cal-mag is your buddy. Also, do you water everyday? Very important not to let coco dry out or you get salt buildups big time which causes lockout. I'm still on the learning curve with coco too, takes some getting used to.

I'll get a closer pic of the leaves. At first I thought it was just burnt from the initial foliar feeding when they were younger but now that they are into flower the new leaves are displaying the same traits. I'll try lowering the pH and go get some cal-mag. As for the watering schedule I was flooding 6 times a day but have reduced it to 4 after signs of over watering.

Finally

Finally

Sorry it took so long. I kept forgetting to get batteries for the cam. Here's the pic of the leaves. Looking better now that I added the CalMag+.

Overall they're looking dismal. It didn't help that I also found a huge lot of spider mites last week.

B

bonecarver_OG

northcoastmed - ah sorry my friend :D but if u take those pics without the hps on - it will look less yellow.or just grab the pot outside and make a pic.

but first of all this is important :D :

ph in coco - 5.8 to 6.2 is good. i try to keep it on 6 exactly.

are u using normal hydronutes? that will not work the best in coco - try getting a complete line of nutes specific for coco growing to get rid of all those issues.

best of luck

peace

G

What kind of nutes are you using and how much again? Tips look pretty burnt, and she looks like she might be trying to claw up on ya from over-nutes, but I ain't never been much hand at trouble shooting sick plants...lots of things can mimic other stuff, so imma let older wiser headz advise ya.

B

bonecarver_OG

looks like nute issues. just flush and get good coco nutes :)

there is a reason why coco works best with their own nutes. its just perfect match - no messing around at all :D

peace and luck

Latest posts

Latest posts