What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canna Coco???

SoulRebel

Just wondering if any of you out there have had any experience with this lovely medium which I am truley gratefull to have found. I use the stuff that is loose in a bag and it works wonderfully and is easy as it can be. You would have a hard time to overwater this stuff, and it's very forgiving ... just make sure to leach it about every 3 wks to avoid nutrient lockout. I handwater in 3 gal. buckets just like I did with soil, only without the problems of fungus gnats and a slow drying medium. I use beneficials in the root zone and they just thrive in the coco ... just use RO water or they all die!!! I just highly recommend the stuff to all out there who like to keep it simple and easy. One love...

... S R... :joint: :joint:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yes indeed canna's coco is some of the best. in fact i have had great sucess with the whole canna program, starting with canna coco A+B, rhizotonic, cannazym, pk 13/14 and bioboost. that combo really rocks and is easy as pie for anyone to work with. add equal amounts of A+B all the way though just changing the dosage as needed. although i must say, hesi is also making a damn good coco nutriens as well as a zym product that's cheaper then canna. :D

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i tend to give new coco slabs only ph corrected water first off. i will fill the tank with plain ph'ed water and let that run through the newly planted clones into the coco slabs, till they are soaking wet and water is gushing back. then i measure the water that's gushing back and if the ec is not over 1.2 i'll start using nutes right away at a low dose for new clones.

in the last years canna's slabs have always been around 1.0 ec, which is very cool. but it's still best to fill the medium with just ph'ed water once off as it gives you a clean start in the medium and lets you know what kind of salt levels you have in there.

the ph level can be anywhere between 5.4 and 6.3 in the new coco, the ph soon adjusts to the level you are feeding with.

G

thanks gm. do you start with ro water for the initial soak ? and would you dump the res after a few cycles then start with fresh water for first feed ?
any thoughts also on the compressed bricks/blocks which expand when soaked, seem better value for growers of pot in pots :D
B'cuzz and Bionova are a couple i v seen who make the compressed type for sale in euro.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts