What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco white widdow..questions???

hey dudes..i got some white widdows in coco under a 600 hps...they were sprouted from seed...i think they are almost ready to go...

I got em cloned..the clones are powering...

i am tying them down ready for a scrog...they are 4 and a half weeks from cutting..

My questions are...

Do ya think they are almost ready...??i think they revegged for a couple of weeks, but they have been flowering for about 7 weeks...

before i turn the clones under the 600 hps should i have any of them above the screen??i mean, should there be stalks popping up through the screen??or should i have evrythiong under the cscreen??i am gunna have them in 50 ltre pots

I would say they are just about ready any day now even though I cannot see their trichomes up close. You can follow trichome ambering for harvest. And it would be fine to then afterwards move those clones into flowering chamber as your light is strong and your yields are high. The question is, how big were the plants that are now finished almost when they were first put into flowering. The clones are more mature than the seedlings, so I say go for it. Looks like another big coco yield, how many gallons?

hi slickster, the plants that are flowering are in 50 litre pots(not sure how many gallons that is)..I am keen to get the screen grow happening, the differance between the top buds and the bottom ones is heaps, so a more even height is the go i feel...i can't believe how fast the clones wack on the structure in coco hey...i have to tie evry day or atleast evry second day

i also have a bush coco grow happening, i will post some pics when i get it a bit closer...lets just say that the hot aussie sun and the big pots full of coco are a fukkin awesome combination

cheers lads

That is just over 10 gallons per pot, no wonder they are big monster plants.

An outdoor too, do you have any fungus gnats attracted to the light coco outside?

no..don't seem to have to many problems so far..there have been ants..but they dont seem to do any harm..mabye chew up some roots to build there tunnels...but i spray them once a week with confidor to stop any pest breeding on them....
yea..the plants are about 5 foot tall i spose...they are in 50 litres but i transplanted at about week 3..so id be surprised if they have filled the pot....
but im going to veg the clones in the 50 litre pots for a couolle weeks before turniong to make sure they fill her up[

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
great job yes_i_cannabis

to see how coco does in the hot sun is very interesting. Bonecarver is having to cover the pots to keep the sun from heating it up too much. but you don't seem to have any problems with the heat, maybe because of the huge amount of coir lol.

anyway great stuff can't wait to see more.

edited to add:

7 weeks of flowering time is not enough to get the best from the WW in general. not that it will not be worth it, but it will be more worth it to wait till 8 weeks or even 9. in those weeks the ww will turn white with crystals. but if you feel it really is ready, then check the trichome heads under a scope. you should see at least a few amber colored heads amongst the mainly milky trich heads, the more amber trichome heads there are the stronger the narcotic side of the weed comes out. so it's up to you what kind of a high you wish for.

just do make sure you give them 5 days of just water before you chop them, it will do wonders for your taste.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts