What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rate my freebies?

Spaventa

Veteran
Got these. Would you grow them? Or throw them? Never heard of the strains or the breeders. The cookie dream f3 is GSC x white dream (bluedream x white widow) The Bubba ‘76 is pre ‘76 Afghan x pre98 Bubba Kush.Cheers
picture.php

Spaventa

Veteran
I haven’t got an indica mother plant so if there’s a good one among them, it could be a nice addition. I need a bedtime smoke to be honest. Being a haze head means a lot of late nights! Even at 2 o’clock, everything is so interesting lol

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Nice freebies! I'm sure you can find something to counteract the almighty Haze lol

Having just sativas makes for an interesting experience.

Spaventa

Veteran
Hi Lester
It feels like I’ve been growing 10-12 week haze hybrids forever. I wouldn’t mind but I haven’t found my grail yet. I’ve got used to moderate and low yield to so if the bubba 76 does what it says it should feel really quick and high yielding. It will also hit me like a train lol

WelderDan

Veteran
Yeah, I'd grow those. The Bubba sounds interesting. The Cookie Dream sounds like it might spit out a lot of interesting phenotypes.

Good luck, you won't know until you try

J-Icky

Grow those babies!!! But if you somehow decide you would rather not, please don’t toss them away. There are plenty of people that would gladly take them off your hands and give them a grow.

bigbadbiddy

Emerald Triangle doesn't have the worst rep out there, could be decent or even great, who knows :)

Never heard of medicann..

Spaventa

Veteran
Well I’ve gone from :chin: to :yummy: about these freebies!

Yessum, do you remember how they tasted? Smell?

Anyone else got freebies? Show us here and get them rated!

JohnnyChicago

Just got a pack of Triple Nova freebies wih the LVTK pack I had ordered. The description of the Triple Nova sounds interesting:

This pheno will exhibit lime green flowers / dark green glossy fans and pea sized calyxes, biggest I've ever seen. Quick to flower at 9 weeks and give it plenty of root space and its very easy to grow to its full potential.
In short, the new Triple Nova FEM line is a Triangle Kush dom plant, with only a little BlackBerry Kush genes showing, mainly the flower structure and slight purple hues is BlackBerry Kush the rest is Triangle Kush...

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
Those are really nice freebies. Mine are usually congolese x nepali super something with 89 day flower time.

But freebies are cool..and I am not complaining at all...but not all freebies are the same. Its totally hit or miss.

TpM

green-genes77

Veteran
I like Emerald Triangle a lot, and the Bubba 76 seem like they've got some potential for something high-yielding and potent.

Looks like the Cookie Dream are Platinum GSC x White Dream so there might be some really interesting stuff in there. Looks at least "good".

Spaventa

Veteran
I like the sound of pea sized calyxs Jonny!

Pizzaman, absolutely. It’s a major consideration for me when I buy seed. I will not return to a retailer that gives shitty no name freebies. There’s one retailer I’ve used that lets you pick whatever you want pretty much but he seems to never have what I’m looking for for the actual purchase.

I got some Critical (“Bilbo”) x JH freebies that were good enough to convince me to try other strains from the breeder. The quality was there, but too much Bilbo for me and not enough JH. Apperntly it’s only marginally JH dominant which is what I thought from growing it.
The one I’m trying is the same Bilbo cut of critical x Neville’s haze, a prized old one they say. This hybrid should be more my thing because it 90% NH and only the flower time is reduced but flavour is all NH.

This illustrates how it’s a good freebies are a investment on the part of breeders and retailers because they really do generate further sales.

Spaventa

Veteran
I like Emerald Triangle a lot, and the Bubba 76 seem like they've got some potential for something high-yielding and potent.

Looks like the Cookie Dream are Platinum GSC x White Dream so there might be some really interesting stuff in there. Looks at least "good".

The Cookie Dream are F3 so should be at least descent and stable.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Nice freebies man. I have the bubba76 sitting in my fridge that I paid for lol. I'm gonna wait till you flower em out before I grow em:tiphat:

OP