What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Reservoir Sour Diesel IBL / SD IBL

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
The seeds I popped were from 2011, so that's right around the same time. ONly 6 came up out of 10 for the CD IBL. There was 7th but it was weird and runty. Never really grew.

of the Sour d's, there were 11 in the pack and 10 popped up.

So.... good luck! They might be ok.

Oh I kept mine in a tight glass jar in a cold fridge. No rice.

i usually just put seeds in soil and watch em grow- but any suggestions for these old seeds?? - i heard sandpapering the end a bit- i was thinking of doing that, and put em in a glass of water overnite, b4 putting em in soil...

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Instead of sand papering the seeds directly, place a small piece of sand paper (80grit) in a container along with the seeds and keep them in your pocket for a day. The rattling around will scarify the seed enough that water easily penetrates the shell but will not eat through the shell.

I've sand papered the end of some seeds too much and more than likely killed the seeds. They did not germinate. DOH!
I use the containers the seeds came in if it's suitable.

manpan

I just put them in a glass of water over night and that did it. It was really warm, tho, at the time when I did it .. mid to high 80s. So maybe putting the glass on a warm surface would help.

The seeds swole up and started pushing tails the next day.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I just put them in a glass of water over night and that did it. It was really warm, tho, at the time when I did it .. mid to high 80s. So maybe putting the glass on a warm surface would help.

The seeds swole up and started pushing tails the next day.

hey - did exactly what you said - in a shot glass of water, sitting on top of a electronic box which gives off some heat ... all the seeds are now at the bottom of the shot glass - good sign?? i hope so..

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Zach it can def be a good sign in my experience. Now anticipate the radical (the white tail looking thing that comes outta the shell) once that baby pops out its game then once the cotyledons and true leaves are exposed then you have a success ;)

I still have a pack of the Chem IBL that I want to pop. Almost popped them this round, but decided to go with one of my own crosses. Sour Patch Kids x Cherry Chem.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I still have a pack of the Chem IBL that I want to pop. Almost popped them this round, but decided to go with one of my own crosses. Sour Patch Kids x Cherry Chem.

You gonna do a journal on that x? Sounds like candy flavored smoke with some dank chemmy tones in there

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
put '4' seeds in water... chem ix,sour diesel, sshdh, and a chem bx2, all by our 'favorite' breeder ...rez... all sank, and put em in soil, and '3' have come up... chem ix hasn't peeked thru yet... will still give it a few days b4 trying another seed...

Latest posts

Latest posts