What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The NEW C99 brother Grimm

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Recent reg version had no prple from a13, nor did i get purple from f2 back in day.. apolo11 back then had a purple tinge outdoor though. That apollo11 was from spice bros.

Could it might have been related to temps?
Many strains changes color outdoors, in areas where it get's colder later on in the season.

'Boogieman'

I understand it's not the origional C99 but does it have a sativa buzz? Its hard to find a good sativa that finishes outdoors in my climate.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Mr Soul wrote the following about Princess and the breeding of C99.

I tend to disagree with Mr Soul about it being legitimately HIS work, his creation. He found seeds in a Sensi Jack Herer bud which are most likely to be an F2 of Jack Herer. So "princess", the plant he strove to reproduce in seed form, was probably a Sensi Jack Herer pheno; and he used a male from the same seeds in the breeding process to create C99.

To back up my point, I have a sativa dominant Jack Herer clone that grows dense resinous buds that smell of pineapple and spices, that are ready in 49-53 days, and has a soaring sativa high. Sounds fairly similar to princess if you ask me.

G `day NH

You missed the part where he crossed the Male Jack to Shiva Skunk .Then started crossing that to his Cindy Clone .

So he out crossed then back crossed . Not straight f gen .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

G `day NH

You missed the part where he crossed the Male Jack to Shiva Skunk .Then started crossing that to his Cindy Clone .

So he out crossed then back crossed . Not straight f gen .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Hey Elmer. Yeah I know that he crossed that male to a Shiva skunk female in an attempt to introduce stronger branching. I was just making the point that his main goal was to reproduce princess in seed form.

Bobbertqp

Ive grown brothers Grimm Cinderella xx. Its the most potent strain I've grown. Zero smell perfect for back yards . I'll be crossing ghost train haze 1 over a branch .

LostTribe

Premium user
New c99

New c99

im working a new original bro grimm c99 line at the moment.

LT

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
Flowered 1 c99 (reG) from the new release, disappointed. End up throwing it all out. I then flowered out their Apollo XX and in the last few weeks it completely purpled out on me, the most I have ever seen in any plant. Dont know if that is a trait that the Apollo strain had in it? Its currently curing but I dont think its going to be worth keeping either. Disappointed because I went crazy and picked up several different packs from them.

The new Grimm purp is not what to seek! The green girls are very nice smoke. I am working with older Grimm Cinderella at the moment.

Kinkao

some NEWS after a all this time .... :)

after so many males over 6 beans,i decided to pop some more, to ahve a chance to find a good lady ...

from the only 2 females i had:

#1 wasn t really interesting about the high
#2 came to be a keeper , type of medecine u can smoke all day and have your stuffs done without worrying about them .
effect didn t put me on the munchies and kept me aware all times, with no paranoia inducing ( am sensitive on that detail )
the landing is super easy , just like you didn t smoke.

taste / fruit punch bouquet with woody smoke, with peper at the end.

smell / fruit/flower salad

2 phenos were same VERY bushy /full of bud site / mid airy bud / early and productive , bag appeal wasn t anything special .

i am EXTREMLY surprise with the effect , very cerebral and happy going , peace in mind .

NO PURPLE on both phenos , even with nights at 12 celsius

Males /

i kept 1 male over the 5 , wich came to be bushy, would pop polen on root limitation , greasy stinky on roten fruit , pest resistante , vigorous . i liked the dude so i kept it hehe !

I took his polen , and dusted :

A ghost train haze i got in Denver when she won the cup in 2014 ,vigorous , pest resistant , mold resistant , productive with a fine hazy danky taste , and a nice citrusy fruity smell when sunny , and more skunky when colder .

Also dusted selected phenos of Chemdawg special reserve x Nepales , a strain Leo Stone ( aficionados) gave me for projects, i was lucky enough to have 100 seeds, i found about 10 keepers for further breeding plans .

That polen also hitted the True OG from Elemental seeds which i had in denver in 2014.
I have 2 phenos of those True Og, very similar looking plant , #1 tasted earthy floral and citrus at the end , #2 full thick citrus from beginning till the end , both with what i call Buddha head glowing effects , deep peace feeling. #2 is a little more psycho active .truly amazing plant .

plus some others

------

i wanted to give a try to the feminized version of C99 from the Grimms , and Appolo xx wich i had as a freebie.

So now i have 2 C99 fem and 1 apollo xx in veg and they are about 6`.

Will see if that grapefruit pheno of the c99 will appear on the fem version ...

Last edited:

Happy Times

after so many males over 6 beans,i decided to pop some more, to ahve a chance to find a good lady ...

#2 came to be a keeper , type of medecine u can smoke all day and have your stuffs done without worrying about them .
effect didn t put me on the munchies and kept me aware all times, with no paranoia inducing ( am sensitive on that detail )

2 phenos were same VERY bushy /full of bud site / mid airy bud / early and productive , bag appeal wasn t anything special .

i am EXTREMLY surprise with the effect , very cerebral and happy going , peace in mind .

Males /

i kept 1 male over the 5 , wich came to be bushy, would pop polen on root limitation , greasy stinky on roten fruit , pest resistante , vigorous . i liked the dude so i kept it hehe !

A ghost train haze i got in Denver when she won the cup in 2014 ,vigorous , pest resistant , mold resistant , productive with a fine hazy danky taste , and a nice citrusy fruity smell when sunny , and more skunky when colder .

Also dusted selected phenos of Chemdawg special reserve x Nepales , a strain Leo Stone ( aficionados) gave me for projects, i was lucky enough to have 100 seeds, i found about 10 keepers for further breeding plans .

That polen also hitted the True OG from Elemental seeds which i had in denver in 2014.
I have 2 phenos of those True Og, very similar looking plant , #1 tasted earthy floral and citrus at the end , #2 full thick citrus from beginning till the end , both with what i call Buddha head glowing effects , deep peace feeling. #2 is a little more psycho active .truly amazing plant .

plus some others

------

i wanted to give a try to the feminized version of C99 from the Grimms , and Appolo xx wich i had as a freebie.

Nice, those crosses sound fun

G

Males /

plus some others

------

Subscribed. I am trying to find some CindyXX seeds to try this flavor. SHN has none and neither do the banks listed on the Grimm homepage. Following on IG to try and see when more hit the banks. I’m not in a hurry since I’m in veg on a couple E Glue plants at the moment.

LostTribe

Premium user
Subscribed. I am trying to find some CindyXX seeds to try this flavor. SHN has none and neither do the banks listed on the Grimm homepage. Following on IG to try and see when more hit the banks. I’m not in a hurry since I’m in veg on a couple E Glue plants at the moment.

Try something else the grimm is bunk. its now a hybrid, I guarantee it. See "cinderella the come back".

LostTribe

Premium user
yuck, no gracias. glad I got some worked C99(f4s)as freebies off the sBay back in my early days donated by JLP. heavy thick tropical pineapple taste and just a rocket racy high, floppy bastards though, couldn't hold their weight for anything. actually ran my keeper phenol for quite awhile before I lost it to either pm or mites. should crack some of the f2s someday, which technically f4 x f4 would make it an f8 then? is that how it works?

Please do and get some back to the community. JLP had great C99. The new seedbay could use some.

LT

travese311

From what I gather, Princess has been kept alive as a clone, and Soul retrieved her from friends for the new production run of C99. He then grew out a bunch of original Cinderella seeds and selected a new male to be the father of the new issue of C99 (with Princess as the mother.)

While Bros. Grimm claim the new seeds are "identical" to the originals, this is not entirely true. From what I can tell, going by Soul's own descriptions of the Cinderella breeding process, and the BG Instagram page, the observed differences between the old C99 and the new are owing to a different father plant. In fact, if I'm interpreting correctly, the old Cindy (the seeds they first sold as C99) was actually the P.94 generation (~94% Princess genes, the result of the 3rd backcross of of Princess's male progeny to herself, so [Princess x P.88]). The NEW issue of Cinderella 99 appears to be an actual 4th backcross, in which an original P.94 male was grown out and selected to pollinate Princess and produce the new seeds for sale, which would now be P.97. It seems that Mr. Soul became enamored with this particular male due to its impressive structure and floral production, and used it in the reissue of C99 as well as several other of their new/old crosses. Here is a picture of the father from the BG's Instagram page:

picture.php

So while the new issue is technically still original genetics, and theoretically closer to Princess genetically than the old version (P.97 vs. P.94), the new seeds do NOT contain an identical gene pool as the old ones. Soul himself states in the above IG post that he's NEVER seen a male like that before, so in a strain that has already been cubed to produce more or less stable, uniform plants from seed, choosing a male that clearly had enough outlying genes among that 6% of variation to produce a unique phenotypical expression was bound to shift the avg. phenotypical expression of the offspring compared to the prior issue.
420pm. Nice :)