What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

Crazy Chester

Both my C99 keepers are more than capable of that. They are my go to if I start out the day w some indica or I start to feel sluggish. A few tokes of either and its like a shot of adrenaline within a few minutes I am roaring to get busy and get moving.

View Image

View Image

My #4 is fully seeded this run with a few branches that got reversed and the rest hit w a selected male. The #1 I hit lowers w both male and reversed pollen. The #1 is getting really nice this time finally might get to try some decent buds off it. Its got a totally different bouquet and effect than the scary more haze influenced girl. The haze one has similar background smells to SLH after a 3 month cure.

I will update with some new pics as they are at 38 days now. Also need to get some proper cured bud pics up from the #4 the current pics don't do her justice.

LT

That's close enough for me - if it has those classic terps and busts through other highs. No tolerance would be A+ too.

In other news, you successfully reversed?! :dance013:

Nice! :woohoo:

LostTribe

Premium user
That's close enough for me - if it has those classic terps and busts through other highs. No tolerance would be A+ too.

In other news, you successfully reversed?! :dance013:

Nice! :woohoo:

Yes indeed. I had accidentally flipped the timer to outlet and didn't see that the light was on too late until 2 weeks had passed. They flipped back into flower immediately. I only sprayed lowers and that's the only place that went full on male. I have since removed the lowers so the rest of my buds don't get completely seeded.

I also used some selected male pollen on the same plant. These are just for me and some select friends. I plan to find a male and save the rest for back up. I want to reverse the #1 but this run will be the first run for that one that didn't get fully seeded or messed up. It still got a bit of both pollen sources as well but I tried to keep it on the lowers. That plant has some very sweet smelling scents, while the hazy sort of scary 4 has a bit of spice to it yet also sweet fruity but a different fruit.

G

Do you find small yielders like this in the line typically? I had 2.

C99
picture.php

picture.php

LostTribe

Premium user
Do you find small yielders like this in the line typically? I had 2.

C99
View Image
View Image

Never to that extreme the #4 is about it and even that one is much more sativa leaning than the originals I ran. But when you keep inbreeding lines that have been created with both indica and sativa you can expect that the further away from an F1 Parental generation they get the more variable the offspring.

My peak are normal sized buds. Found one identical to one of my old mom's that produces spear shaped buds but they sort of medusa out with multiple tops per site. This one is low smelling so far hoping she will improve in the final week or so just getting full w hairs just starting to turn at day 41. I really wanted to find more flavor in these as well as the joey week.

Happy Times

Yes indeed. I had accidentally flipped the timer to outlet and didn't see that the light was on too late until 2 weeks had passed. They flipped back into flower immediately. I only sprayed lowers and that's the only place that went full on male. I have since removed the lowers so the rest of my buds don't get completely seeded.

That’s awesome, good to have some sort of continuation of that best lady from such a large hunt

LostTribe

Premium user
Peak has an earthy smell leaning heavily grapefruit on this pheno but I want to run more of these. Maybe the citrus is 1/3 or less. Its a starts. A smoke test is in order at about day 50.
picture.php

I have another line I have been testing which looks very promising. I made them around the time of the gno3 release and had given several friend packs to hold onto and one of them did. They may be like the 7 I have been holding onto but I cracked one of them a while back and it is almost done and looks very promising.

I cant say the same for the rest of the fms pack they all have the same growth and flavor. No side branching and there is a bug killer smell to all of them that tells me all I need to know. I don't plan to revisit this offering.

LostTribe

Premium user
I have been pretty busy lately and trying to free up some time to get more pics going. I have continued cracking multiple cinderella genetic lines over the past 6 months. Waiting on a few smoke reports before I make any decisions on if or where this project will continue.

Stay Tuned!
LT

Fitzera

I liked peaks Sweet C99 quite a bit, it was the first of the jars to be empty from the last run. The one I grew was more on the C99 side, but with very strong productive branching, similar flowers to that of C99 and the smell was leaning towards grapefruit. So I picked up some more of his new C99 crosses to check out
Kush x C99
NL x C99
Haze x C99
Sweet C99 x NL

He didnt reveal anything about this Haze hes working with other than it's got promise. I dont think any of these could be disappointing

LostTribe

Premium user
Found this in some seed I had given to a friend a long time back for safe keeping. Visually it represents classic cinderella but the flavors are still falling on a not sweet side. But I have hit her with a bit of pollen off the Lost cut.

The high off of her is a bit more stoney and I happen to forget to put my car into park the other day before getting out thankfully I was able to jump back in before hitting anything. I was a mess and found my way home.

The combination of the racy scary trip from a few too many tokes on the Lost combined with the dude is my car in park may prove of use.
picture.php

picture.php

LT

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys what is new in the world of Cindy?..
.?:sasmokin:I miss that old ...

girl

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
She was all about a lush bowl of tropical fruit:dance013:With the trippy high and finished perfectly in 50 days yes 50 days you are done it’s all over goodbye start again

Oregonism

Last year I chimed in about my Peak c99 being Peppery which to me was really reminiscent of the Jack H taste , although I let it go around 8 weeks.

I read somewhere that Peak used a parent plant from Dizzle kush [frost bros] and lo and behold take it for what its worth but Seedafinder mon has a listing for a "Spicy C99" from Frost Brothers.

........."The c99 is famous for its pineapple citrus flavors, this line adds a little change of pace in the flavor department. Momma was a spicy fat topped reminiscent of Jack Herer with its spicy/fruity taste, she was found in F3 generation. She thre some nice juicy tops out and packed a wild punch to the head."

I wonder if the less fruit taste is a big part of the Peak pool? If Peak worked at least two gens, its got F6 at least by the time we got it from the original soul offering .....

Kinda interesting that I might not be crazy about the pepper taste lol. In fact I love the pineapple flavors but the last ten years in state, where some say pineapple is from....its weak with good taste imho, so I kinda grew away from it, but always loved that taste.

Crazy Chester

Last year I chimed in about my Peak c99 being Peppery which to me was really reminiscent of the Jack H taste , although I let it go around 8 weeks.

I read somewhere that Peak used a parent plant from Dizzle kush [frost bros] and lo and behold take it for what its worth but Seedafinder mon has a listing for a "Spicy C99" from Frost Brothers.

........."The c99 is famous for its pineapple citrus flavors, this line adds a little change of pace in the flavor department. Momma was a spicy fat topped reminiscent of Jack Herer with its spicy/fruity taste, she was found in F3 generation. She thre some nice juicy tops out and packed a wild punch to the head."

I wonder if the less fruit taste is a big part of the Peak pool? If Peak worked at least two gens, its got F6 at least by the time we got it from the original soul offering .....

Kinda interesting that I might not be crazy about the pepper taste lol. In fact I love the pineapple flavors but the last ten years in state, where some say pineapple is from....its weak with good taste imho, so I kinda grew away from it, but always loved that taste.
This time last year I got a pack of Peak Seeds C99. I had corresponded with Peak Seeds before I bought them and was told that Peak has done constant selective breeding favoring a pineapple/rotting fruit scented plant with high potency and vigor by backcrossing females from seed to a selected male. So, as Peak continually tries to breed for that type of offspring, it should get more and more like that over time. Because of that, it makes sense to me that seeds produced by Peak prior to that time may have other qualities such as the JH "spice" more prevalent than the currently available seeds. My grow, for instance, resulted in 50% of the females being pineapple phenotypes.

LostTribe

Premium user
She was all about a lush bowl of tropical fruit:dance013:With the trippy high and finished perfectly in 50 days yes 50 days you are done it’s all over goodbye start again

I have found sort of orange hazy plants with that scary racy high but the utter sweet candy cinderella is most likely not coming back. The Lost cut I am holding onto has sort of an orange citrus mixed to a super lemon haze but a bit different. The other one I kept from FDM seems like its similar but orange and old NL. Both are strong and nice highs but that sweetness is still not there. They have some sweetness to them and are definitely more sweet than other c99 offerings but just not like the original.

Only my fdm are anything remotely sweet and the 4 new fdm grew all over the place. At this point I am not certain that the FDM is actually c99 as they look nearly identical to highlighters A11 which would also explain the lemony yet still cinderella type expressions. The high from the FDM was very nice for a 56 day finish sort of a quick haze and I love the smoke.

Every time StarCrash chimes in it reminds me of how far away we are currently from the real deal. To those who are saying peak is pineapple you are wrong. That taste is the grapefruit pheno. Both Peak I just cured have the same rancid taste which is not appealing it brought back instant flashback to mosca bx1 and similar yet a bit different from the recent JW.

Peak, I am not knocking the man, but he started with 1 single pack of frost bros f4 which was 2 generations removed from Joey Weed C99 ie Frost bros bought a pack of Joey Weed and inbred that pack then handed them off to Peak. I believe this info is posted at RIU.

The Pineapple was CANDY GODNESS! It was magical and way better than any of your cookie crap of today. Even a goober from IG couldn't fuck it up. Peak is from Joey weed via frost. JW recent release is grapefruit all the way I ran like 2 packs and have 3 packs of each JW and Peak left. You cant start with grapefruit and magically turn them into something they are not. Sad as it is to say. "What sort of magic wand do you have?"-B.O.

The only breeder I haven't tried and I am shaking my head as I type this would be Doctor Greenthumb. I emailed him a couple years ago and of course all I got from him was they are real. Nothing but a one line response and nothing about how insane they might turn out to be. No one has posted a review online either. It is really not something I want or intend to pursue as they are fem. I would rather pay one of you $5 to kick me in the nutz. But who knows.

Peak and others that talk about the pineapple most likely never grew the original stock that StarCrash and me keep dreaming about. If they had they would not be calling their wares pineapple.

Inbreeding depression is evident in the line beyond f2. F2 are long gone and nobody NOBODY backcrossed any of their lines back to F2 or F1 stock.

Last run:

2 keeper Cindy
4 new fdm
2 peak
2 f3
4 fms

Lost
picture.php

C99.1
picture.php

New Old C99
picture.php

At this point I think that if there is any chance that the tropical grail to return it would require a recombination of separately worked lines and even then its a crap shoot.

I do intend to crack some of the beans I made from selfing the Lost to the new old c99 but its anyones guess as to what I may find.

LT

ElGato

Veteran
Inbreeding depression is evident in the line beyond f2. F2 are long gone and nobody NOBODY backcrossed any of their lines back to F2 or F1 stock.

Is that depression you speak of in the new C99 beans?

because oddly enough I was just doing a bit of reading on C99 and found this quote by JLP

JLP said:
I've grown a few of the F4 and they grow just like the F3 and F2,takes about 55-65 days to finish.

excellent thread btw! I love the old C99 and Apollo 11's

mj

Crazy Chester

he started with 1 single pack of frost bros f4 which was 2 generations removed from Joey Weed C99 ie Frost bros bought a pack of Joey Weed...The Pineapple was CANDY GODNESS! ... Peak and others that talk about the pineapple most likely never grew the original stock that StarCrash and me keep dreaming about. If they had they would not be calling their wares pineapple.

But, what if Peak got both grapefruit and pineapple in those 10 seeds? And, what if one or more of the pineapple ones was a male (maybe the male he talked about backcrossing to)? Wouldn't it be at least possible the offspring become more and more pineapple and less and less grapefruit each time they're bred to the pineapple male?

The reason I ask is, if you got your seeds from Peak over one year ago, the plants you grew out may be less pineapple than those growing from subsequent back crosses. In other words, I wonder if it might be worth it for you to order from Peak again to see if you find a plant closer to what you remember the original pineapple pheno to be - given that the pineapple pheno is what Peak has been "continually" and "selectively" trying to accomplish by a breeding program of apparent indefinite duration.

I never grew the original pineapple pheno, but I tried some from a grower who did (the grower I got the my grapefruit pheno from) and it did have strong terps, as you have pointed out.

Interestingly, though, the pineapple pheno from that grower's original bros grimm seed offering I bought an ounce of came in one of those large freezer bags that often are used to contain a pound. It was very sativa looking - just delicate stacked calyxes. It was more airy than most of the C99 pics I've seen. In short - it looked like the #2 clone I selected from my Peak grow as my keeper.

My subsequent, non-#%cked up grow of that clone has resulted in appreciably stronger terps. And, yes, they are most definitely pineapple - not grapefruit. It's only been curing now for two days after drying and already the terps are of medium strength and I expect them to increase by up to 50% by the end of the cure, as is typical.

It remains to be seen after the cure if the potency increased over the last grow as well. I suspect it will.

I'm hoping that, in comparison to the original grapefruit clone I had (which was plenty powerful for me and most everyone else who tried it), it may increase enough to equal it in potency. I still won't like it as much as I liked my grapefruit clone (due to an up to 2 week longer flowering time), but if it ends up offering a very close approximation of its high, I'll somewhat happily put up with the longer flowering time.

I thought the particular pineapple pheno I tried, back in the days when the only C99 around was the original one, was very slightly more powerful than the particular grapefruit pheno I had - they were very close in potency.

I guess I'm just hoping against hope that this grow will come close enough for me, and, that you might get closer to the Cindy you are looking for if you try a new batch of Peak (if you had the same batch of seeds I started with, all of the foregoing won't help, as you've already tested them).

Last edited: