What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Huge List of Early Outdoor Strains

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
im at 37.5n lat and heriebi started flowering on july 13th it will be done around 1st week in sept for me,but no later then the 10th, so today is day 41 of flower. its already got the road kill skunk smell with a hint of folger coffee undertones. i really like the fact its in full flower in august bc its hot and dry so little chance to get bud rot. i will see how it stacks up against the blue widow next year as i have already ordered Bw and Tw. gl on the hunt

B

bruvio

all my 9 blue widows are still in veg, or maximum just start to flower... never harvested any blue widow before mid Oct (46 N)

both the bb and ww not early strains... but its a real good strain, I like it. actually I look for a pheno what I found earlier... it has very good bag appeal and a tasty smoke.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
im at 37.5n lat and heriebi started flowering on july 13th it will be done around 1st week in sept for me,but no later then the 10th, so today is day 41 of flower. its already got the road kill skunk smell with a hint of folger coffee undertones. i really like the fact its in full flower in august bc its hot and dry so little chance to get bud rot. i will see how it stacks up against the blue widow next year as i have already ordered Bw and Tw. gl on the hunt

Thanks, always on the hunt.

all my 9 blue widows are still in veg, or maximum just start to flower... never harvested any blue widow before mid Oct (46 N)

both the bb and ww not early strains... but its a real good strain, I like it. actually I look for a pheno what I found earlier... it has very good bag appeal and a tasty smoke.

They might start flowering much earlier at his lat of 37.5. When do you estimate they would start flowering there?

B

bruvio

Kygiacomo!!! said:
ya its correct for me as well at 37.5 n i usally see flowers by aug 1 on anything i have growing. i had quite a few this year that started on july 20-25th.

maybe around august 1? that means 3 weeks earlier than on 45/46° N

gorilla ganja

I wonder if a rule of thumb for flowering time is 1 week increase in flowering time per 2.5 latitude increase.

I was wondering this myself. I think if we put our collective minds together we can come up with some sort of chart or timetable.
I was thinking maybe 1 week for every 5 degrees latitude increase, but maybe bigdank is closer. We should maybe start a thread to gather info. If everyone would state daylight hrs using the same
source it should not be that hard to figure out when a particular strain will start to flower at different latitudes and therefore when it will finish.
cheers GG

MelloYello

July 30th Sacramento at 38.34 14 hours and 15 minutes sunrise to sunset
August 4th Redding at 40.34 14 hours 15 minutes sunrise to sunset

2 degs =5 days.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
As I started to read this my first thought was at what latitude? That, and can you believe a seed company description of flowering times and dates outdoors? When they don't include a latitude in the description? You need posts by the growers, not the seed sellers. Maybe then they are more believable? The best is big outdoor in the ground plants, many varieties side by side. One last problem is when is official harvest time? What % of the hairs are red? 50%, 75%, 90%, 100%, a week or two after all hairs are turned red? Otherwise you are comparing apples and oranges.
I see folks doing all of the above, as they like, as long as the resin has frosted on the flowers and it is done frosting, it can be ready in my mind, when ever that is.
-SamS

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats right, it is very hard to put your finger on flower maturity. As an inflourescence (flower) ripens, it is ready for at least 2 weeks before peak ripeness. Smell, flavor, density, trichome resin color, all good indicators of ripeness. Hard to make comparisons without having everything else consistent. :smoke:

B

Bobby SixKiller

picture.php

gorilla ganja

A semi -auto can be keep in veg with long light hrs which allows for cloning. They are very light sensitive, so for example if it's grown under 20 hrs light and moved outside to 18 hrs. they will start to flower.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Photoperiod determinate. Flowers under short daylights of a given hours dependent on variety.
Relative photoperid determinate. If under 18 hours it remains veg. But if under 24 hours and moved to 18 it will flower.

Full Autos are illegal without a special license.
Semi-Autos are legal.
LOL,
-SamS

sprinkl

Veteran
As I started to read this my first thought was at what latitude? That, and can you believe a seed company description of flowering times and dates outdoors? When they don't include a latitude in the description? You need posts by the growers, not the seed sellers. Maybe then they are more believable? The best is big outdoor in the ground plants, many varieties side by side. One last problem is when is official harvest time? What % of the hairs are red? 50%, 75%, 90%, 100%, a week or two after all hairs are turned red? Otherwise you are comparing apples and oranges.
I see folks doing all of the above, as they like, as long as the resin has frosted on the flowers and it is done frosting, it can be ready in my mind, when ever that is.
-SamS

What about being rootbound? In my experience, early strains finish way earlier when grown in pots as opposed to in the ground. Difference of a month and more...

browntrout

Veteran
What about being rootbound? In my experience, early strains finish way earlier when grown in pots as opposed to in the ground. Difference of a month and more...

They would have to be seriously rootbound with a long veg.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
A semi -auto can be keep in veg with long light hrs which allows for cloning. They are very light sensitive, so for example if it's grown under 20 hrs light and moved outside to 18 hrs. they will start to flower.
Ohhhh.... Wow I need to try some of those. That would be seriously helpful. Veg big indoors in april and may, throw outdoor in June and go into flowering. Sounds awesome!

Photoperiod determinate. Flowers under short daylights of a given hours dependent on variety.
Relative photoperid determinate. If under 18 hours it remains veg. But if under 24 hours and moved to 18 it will flower.

Full Autos are illegal without a special license.
Semi-Autos are legal.
LOL,
-SamS

Wow the relative photoperiod strains are very dynamic! I need to experience that.

They would have to be seriously rootbound with a long veg.

Agreed.